Still Missing Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from the most obvious explanation, that Chris Dawson killed Lyn, what do people see as the 2nd most logical explanation for her disappearance??
My 2nd most logical explanation is...and this is a real long shot... as Lyn was such a proud mother she came to the conclusion that since she had ran away from her kids, that meant she must run away from everything....and as @k-mac said, this would be all in spite... ....stretching the realms of possibility to implausible.

Last edited:
Cd would have us believe his first wife ran away, giving up her children, family, home and career,(and has never been heard of again, credibly), and that his second wife-his child bride-has engaged in a prolonged campaign of spiteful allegations, made to police and in court, for decades. The second wife was, according to him, motivated to do so to manipulate the courts about the terms of their separation, and child custody arrangements. The child is now a mother herself, and he has separated for wife number 3. Neither seems reasonable, combined it seems very unreasonable.

Cd would have us believe his first wife ran away, giving up her children, family, home and career,(and has never been heard of again, credibly), and that his second wife-his child bride-has engaged in a prolonged campaign of spiteful allegations, made to police and in court, for decades. The second wife was, according to him, motivated to do so to manipulate the courts about the terms of their separation, and child custody arrangements. The child is now a mother herself, and he has separated for wife number 3. Neither seems reasonable, combined it seems very unreasonable.
That it sounds reasonable to Chris is evidence in itself. What he thinks of women.

I just don't have one . Nothing that would pass for reasonable sense among my peers. The biggest hurdle I come to, to accepting Lynn just up and left, is the fact that she went thru years of IVF treatment, to have children.

No one.. no one ever goes thru that, (and the procedure has been somewhat finessed to what it was back in the 80's) Her child is born and she turns round and does the same thing all over again. This is a committed woman. This is not the profile of a ditzy blonde, pulled in all directions, operating at whim and at will.

She was not a traveller. She had not got the travel bug that everyone had back then, off on a Kon Tiki tour, working for a year in England, signing on to be an Au Pair in Paris, She did not have a passport. She didn't even have a driving licence.

So to run away, she would have had to use public transport.

She would have had a bag with at least a change of undies with her WHEN HE DROVE HER TO THE BUS STOP. So he says.
As well as the surprise party for her mum, the pictures she had drawn of her two girls, the marriage counselling session and the timing with her eldest daughter starting school. All showed investment in her current life.

Last edited:
I don't believe that CD has ever loved anyone except himself for his entire life - his twin? only because he is a mirror image. Maybe when he/they are behind bars, the psychologists will have a field day working them out.

I just don't have one . Nothing that would pass for reasonable sense among my peers. The biggest hurdle I come to, to accepting Lynn just up and left, is the fact that she went thru years of IVF treatment, to have children.

No one.. no one ever goes thru that, (and the procedure has been somewhat finessed to what it was back in the 80's) Her child is born and she turns round and does the same thing all over again. This is a committed woman. This is not the profile of a ditzy blonde, pulled in all directions, operating at whim and at will.

She was not a traveller. She had not got the travel bug that everyone had back then, off on a Kon Tiki tour, working for a year in England, signing on to be an Au Pair in Paris, She did not have a passport. She didn't even have a driving licence.

So to run away, she would have had to use public transport.

She would have had a bag with at least a change of undies with her WHEN HE DROVE HER TO THE BUS STOP. So he says.

Absolutely agree. It would take some acrobatic thinking to get around all of that.

I can think of a 2nd theory. Pure speculation. Since CD is a bit of a coward, and might not be able to bring himself to do it, and could not even get the hit man to do the job for him... The other twin finished off Lyn for him. Somehow.. but I am not familiar with his timeline.

MOO

Re the supposed STD (long distance) call from Lyn at the pool. I am wondering how far away she would of have to have been for the supposed call to be STD (long distance)??

My money is on Marilyn being the caller to the baths on the Saturday. They were apparently camping at Lake Munmorah - though not sure if that would have been far enough away to generate STD pips. Marilyn also good for the credit card purchases IMO. If JC had performed either of these stunts, presumably she would have recalled doing so & said as much to the detectives .....

My money is on Marilyn being the caller to the baths on the Saturday. They were apparently camping at Lake Munmorah - though not sure if that would have been far enough away to generate STD pips. Marilyn also good for the credit card purchases IMO. If JC had performed either of these stunts, presumably she would have recalled doing so & said as much to the detectives .....
I don't believe the STD call remembered by the kiosk girl in January or February to Chris or to Paul is the same one as Chris acted having been from Lyn.

Yes I think your spot on krystal about the call being MD from the central coast.
It would warrant std 99% sure.

MD may have called CD innocently at the pool and CD lied about it conveniently or MD could have placed the call deliberately which would mean a plan was hatched through the night with the 3 of them over the phone.

The old phone records would have showed this collusion but I bet there is no trace of them on file now.

Last edited:
Not much coming out of the 4 walls of the courtroom today.

Did read Pauline David is trying to claim Chris Dawson never groomed the teenage schoolgirl half his age.

Would love to see the look on judge Ian Harrsion's face as David continues to play pinball with reality.

I don't believe the STD call remembered by the kiosk girl in January or February to Chris or to Paul is the same one as Chris acted having been from Lyn.
How did the recipient of the call know that they were receiving a long distance call? In my experience, the recipient wouldn't know unless the caller said that they were calling long distance. But I'm in Canada, and it may have been different on this side of the planet. Was there a way to know that the call was long distance other than CD saying so?

How did the recipient of the call know that they were receiving a long distance call? In my experience, the recipient wouldn't know unless the caller said that they were calling long distance. But I'm in Canada, and it may have been different on this side of the planet. Was there a way to know that the call was long distance other than CD saying so?
Back in those days in Australia, when you received a long distance call, the first thing you heard upon answering was a series of beeps.

It's Over...

As the trial wrapped up on Monday, NSW Supreme Court Justice Ian Harrison thanked both crown prosecutors and Dawson's legal team for their assistance and said he would attempt to publish his findings as soon as possible.

There are some interesting comments contained in that article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyMay