Australia Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We all agree that the cardigan is Lyn’s. Therefore it would not be unexpected to find both Lyn and Chris’ DNA on it. How is that going to provide the answer to her killer?

No idea at this point in time. It is the DM after all. Just posted it here as they often have little tidbits of a story that OP’s in the EU can’t read in Aussie papers, due to internet restrictions.

No worries DRT. All good here.
Are you suggesting Joanne was lying or that Hedley is depicting her in a less than favourable light? I’m agreeing with both. I definitely think she told a few untruths in her testimony and Hedley’s reinactment of it has certainly not done Joanne any favours
One thing with a podcast is that having actors portray parts it is at the direction of the producers of the podcast. There are many voices where Hedley says this is the actual testimony not the person's voice. He makes no secret of this. Hedley was at the inquest in 2001 and did report on it so would have more details. I am guessing he had recordings of it. I don't believe there is any intent to mislead. Other current affairs shows such as Today tonight and Austrian Story have said the same thing. Most of what we have heard on the podcast is one sided. I am pretty sure unless this goes to court that we are never going to hear a comment by Chris or other close supporters.

Joanne's testimony was at the time she was going through divorce. She would see things different to what they were at the start of the relationship. I am not whether she was saying untruths or saying her version of the truth. While Joanne was a witness and not a suspect, as most people would she would try and put herself in the best light that she could.

what ive taken away from this podcast.

what the hell was the brother being able to hijack and corrupt the coroners inquest?????
peter dawson should NEVER have been allowed to represent his brother.
what a nuisance he was to the inquest. truly truly disgusting.
yet again chris dawson gets protected by powers that be. his legal rep is so desperate to corrupt proceedings that coming across as an idiot doesn't phase him.

there were some forms of investigations at paul and marilyns property. although undisclosed what.

the bankcard purchases are moot point.
poor gobbledeegoo from chris. police never demanded proof.

the ground penetrating radar.
good god...…
any fool with half a brain knows that it works in undisturbed virgin terrain.
what would it really find in a pre escavated pool area?? NOTHING.

why would joanne enrol her daughter at cromer high????:confused:

joanne is represented harshly by voice over however hedley says these are her words and he has studied the case for 20 years I imagine he is recreating truth as he has heard it.
the things she says and does are harsh so I don't see how it could have been sugar coated.
or why it should be.
she deserves the representation she is receiving imo.
I believe she always knew what happened to lyn but only chose to bring chris to justice when it suited her own needs.

loved Damien shutting peter straight down with his bull crap about twins. useless idiot didn't even research the detective was a twin himself!!!!!:D:D

just my take on the episode :rolleyes:

what the hell was the brother being able to hijack and corrupt the coroners inquest?????
yet again chris dawson gets protected by powers that be. his legal rep is so desperate to corrupt proceedings that coming across as an idiot doesn't phase him.

there were some forms of investigations at paul and marilyns property. although undisclosed what.

good god...…

joanne is represented harshly by voice over however hedley says these are her words and he has studied the case for 20 years I imagine he is recreating truth as he has heard it.
the things she says and does are harsh so I don't see how it could have been sugar coated.
or why it should be.
I believe she always knew what happened to lyn but only chose to bring chris to justice when it suited her own needs.

loved Damien shutting peter straight down with his bull crap about twins. useless idiot didn't even research the detective was a twin himself!!!!!:D:D

Couldn’t have put it better myself. Bravo!

the things that joanne brattles on about that upset her against the things she is and was comfortable with shows she is emotionally inept and sociopathic.

totally comfortable with :-
-chris talking about getting a hitman to kill lyn.
-moving into lyns life immediately.
- wearing lyns clothes and jewellery
-treating lyns kids with contempt and cruelty.
- sending her precious only child to the school back in Sydney she was "abused' at.

not comfortable or ok with :-
- admitting she wanted to be with chris.
- admitting that she was infatuated with him.
-that chris treated his first kids like princesses and ignored their daughter.
-chris wanted all her attention and wouldn't share her with Kristen.

I think she had far more control and power than she likes to admit. but in a cold childish way.
chris was devastated when she left him.
she thought she would bring him down with that first inquest.

the chatter about the hitman disturbs me. in not really ringing true?
she says that chris said he changed his mind because too many innocent people would get hurt.
huh???????
chris didn't and doesn't care about other people. full stop.

jmo

the things that joanne brattles on about that upset her against the things she is and was comfortable with shows she is emotionally inept and sociopathic.

totally comfortable with :-
-chris talking about getting a hitman to kill lyn.
-moving into lyns life immediately.
- wearing lyns clothes and jewellery
-treating lyns kids with contempt and cruelty.
- sending her precious only child to the school back in Sydney she was "abused' at.

not comfortable or ok with :-
- admitting she wanted to be with chris.
- admitting that she was infatuated with him.
-that chris treated his first kids like princesses and ignored their daughter.
-chris wanted all her attention and wouldn't share her with Kristen.

I think she had far more control and power than she likes to admit. but in a cold childish way.
chris was devastated when she left him.
she thought she would bring him down with that first inquest.

the chatter about the hitman disturbs me. in not really ringing true?
she says that chris said he changed his mind because too many innocent people would get hurt.
huh???????
chris didn't and doesn't care about other people. full stop.

jmo

feeling your frustration Krt and totally
on board with your summation. Joanne is a peice of cake in my opinion. She’s admitted to feeling cold and distant from Lyn’s kids but her nativity of Lyn not coming home and Chris excuses for her dissappearance and further violent behaviour is not acceptable. I don’t believe the story about the hitman due to the lack of evidence however wouldn’t put it past Chris either. It just seems too well timed for Joanne and her divorce proceedings

Last edited:
I don’t believe Joanne had anything to do with Lyn’s disappearance but I do believe she knows or believes more than she has inferred. You can’t tell me that you can live with someone you idolise for 6 years and not ask all the questions. Especially knowing he was under suspicion. Did Joanne believe those answers. If so why so many visits to the old house

I don’t believe Joanne had anything to do with Lyn’s disappearance but I do believe she knows or believes more than she has inferred. You can’t tell me that you can live with someone you idolise for 6 years and not ask all the questions. Especially knowing he was under suspicion. Did Joanne believe those answers. If so why so many visits to the old house
exactly.
she sat on it while she was in love with him... then....suddenly has an epiphany when she needs a divorce :mad::mad:

good god...…

or why it should be.

The other thing I liked about that episode (there are oh so many things) is the student Kate Irwin of St Ursulas who was smart enough to realise that a 50 year old male teacher (well he wasn't quite that old but she perceived him to be that old) but the awareness of a teacher that asks 13 year olds to do exercises in bathers while facing him is creepy. Also seeing the same teacher wanting to be friends with 13 year olds as a creep even though none of her friends could see it.

The other thing I liked about that episode (there are oh so many things) is the student Kate Irwin of St Ursulas who was smart enough to realise that a 50 year old male teacher (well he wasn't quite that old but she perceived him to be that old) but the awareness of a teacher that asks 13 year olds to do exercises in bathers while facing him is creepy. Also seeing the same teacher wanting to be friends with 13 year olds as a creep even though none of her friends could see it.
yes drt it was jam packed for sure
we haven't addressed the dpp either!

this podcast has damn near consumed my thinking time for weeks , now.. I listened to Chapter 13 over the weekend, then had to go back and start again from the beginning, back to Chapter 1 ! . Chapter 13, 'The System' had so much, so filled with so many significant and relevant gems of information that I have now carved out an hour to listen to it again!..

For me, the only question that remains is how has Chris escaped being prosecuted for murder?.. this opens up a whole other can of worms , in my view. Wheels within wheels, tentacles of some smooth octopus of networks...

Before ranting about the details, I hark back to the dearth of women investigators in this crime. A woman detective would have immediately seen the relevance of the rings being left behind , would balk at the idea of a woman leaving her children and home , such a home, and such longed for children, a woman who didn't drive .

A woman who got her husband to drive her to the bus stop so she could leave him and her children and home. No woman detective would have swallowed that for a nanosecond. This is just one aspect of the perspective that perhaps male detectives were hampered by...

this podcast has damn near consumed my thinking time for weeks , now.. I listened to Chapter 13 over the weekend, then had to go back and start again from the beginning, back to Chapter 1 ! . Chapter 13, 'The System' had so much, so filled with so many significant and relevant gems of information that I have now carved out an hour to listen to it again!..

For me, the only question that remains is how has Chris escaped being prosecuted for murder?.. this opens up a whole other can of worms , in my view. Wheels within wheels, tentacles of some smooth octopus of networks...

Before ranting about the details, I hark back to the dearth of women investigators in this crime. A woman detective would have immediately seen the relevance of the rings being left behind , would balk at the idea of a woman leaving her children and home , such a home, and such longed for children, a woman who didn't drive .

A woman who got her husband to drive her to the bus stop so she could leave him and her children and home. No woman detective would have swallowed that for a nanosecond. This is just one aspect of the perspective that perhaps male detectives were hampered by...
I am pretty sure that the male detectives would have seen those things as suspicious in any other case, just not his for some reason.

I don't think that it was looked at properly because of who he was and relationship he had with police.
Who knows what may have come had they investigated him and his relationships with schoolgirls if they had opened that can of worms?

it is pretty much agreed it wasn't looked at properly, on the basis of his relationship with police, but also, I claim, it wasn't looked at properly because it was looked at thru non female eyes , as a crime. But you say you are sure it would have been, and I would like to know how you know that, and why those things I mentioned, among so many others , didn't seem to arouse any suspicions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot