Deceased/Not Found Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *husband guilty* #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Cliff Hardy, trying my best but I have my child with special needs home today, he finding it distressing so I can only can only catch snipes. Lyn daughter was in tears , you could only hear her voice no camera on her so heartbreaking,

-offender showed no remorse, acted like Lynette was alive and simply disappeared.
-discussing risk to community and whether or not the sentence should be less than max because there is no community risk,
-sentencing conventions have changed over the past 40 yrs
-adjourning until 2:00.

Last edited:
I'm going back a bit during the break...

The Crown mentions the deliberate and conscious act to kill which enhances the seriousness of the crime,

The Crown mentions that this was a murder that occurred in a domestic violence context.

Powerful victim impact statements I thought. The maximum sentence is life. There are submissions about the delays caused by his denials, applications for summary dismissal, judge only trial, etc aggravating circumstances and warranting a higher sentence. I think that is the correct thing..…When CD says “innocent of” what he means is “completely entitled to”.

By the way, not sure about the quality of the CD legal team, lawyer looks like the same clown that represented the “Hey Dad” child sex offender.

Interesting they are taking a half hour break after only an hour and a half. Tends to suggest there is plenty yet to get through?

From a news article :

Shanelle Dawson locked eyes with her father Chris Dawson in the NSW Supreme Court today as she told him of her loss from his “heart-wrenching, selfish, brutal” act of murdering her mother, Lynette.

“Please tell us where she is,” Shanelle asked of him.

Anybody know why they don't show him on camera? Is that some kind of right for convicted people in Australia?
Good question. It is rare for court cases to be televised over here and when they are it seems to be via one or two fixed camera positions. So we don't get to see as much as people for instance in the US do.

I don't have any audio to go by, but the guy talking - without a wig - looks like Dawson's lawyer, Greg Walsh.

Can only imagine the desperation without foundation he might be peddling today.

Yes, it's him. He's trying to get the judge to feel sorry for CD. Health problems, he's lived a good life since the murder, the people in jail don't like him etc... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nooooo! I was behind with watching. Haven't even got to tea break and it's gone ?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrueCrimeLuvr_89
Back