Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, Jun 1997 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ENVIRONMENTAL PLANNING AND ASSESSMENT ACT 1979 - CANTERBURY LOCAL ENVIRONMENTAL PLAN No. 167 - Government Gazette of the State of New South Wales (Sydney, NSW : 1901 - 2001) - 6 Dec 1996
Ref:
1166 Canterbury Rd
Roselands NSW 2196, Australia

KiwiNZ. The print out you showed us from 1974 has the above address. Is this correct for the phone number? If so it was a shoe retail company in 1996 if the correct address for the phone number.

If I remember correctly we do know the phone number in a the ad is a Ballina NSW number, so without been able to see the full add in the Times I assume I am only picking up part of a number in a match, so I don't think this has anything to do with the case .... I have the wrong rabbit hole lol

List of polyglots - Wikipedia
Oooh, a couple of fabulously intersting finds there KiwiNZ ... drats, I'm not a subscriber so can't help out, sorry .... but, "polyglot" and "small principality of Europe" - and that number, wowee
It's a puzzle I just found your earlier mention on here of the number 864788

Attachments

• Itsapuzzle.png
    Itsapuzzle.png
    70.1 KB · Views: 39
If I remember correctly we do know the phone number in a the ad is a Ballina NSW number, so without been able to see the full add in the Times I assume I am only picking up part of a number in a match, so I don't think this has anything to do with the case .... I have the wrong rabbit hole lol
Maybe you could send this as a tip off to The lady vanishes team so they can pay per view and look at the whole phone number. It cannot be ruled out.

Probably unlikely as near Sydney but could this be Marion placing an advertisement on 10th August 1994 in Le Courier.
LOOKING for a French man, .
energetic, honest, dean, down to earth,
employed, warm and caring?
|View to lasting relationship.
30 to 38 years.
CM,P.O.Box61,BELMORE NSW 2192

Attachments

• Frenchman.png
    Frenchman.png
    99.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Could this be our Le Courier person adverstising in the Sydney morning Herald aged 42. (Le Courier advert the gentleman is late 1994 is 47 years old).

Thursday, March 22, 1990 | Page: 137

Mr 42: Look like 32,1 am from the orient, with sun tanned skin and dazzling black eyes, academic, with a PhD degree from one of the best European universities, securely and successfully employed, never married, honest, cultured, romantic and a, polyglott.

Last edited:
image.ashx

He is a professional (academic), never married, an intellectual, sincere, romantic, a polyglot, loves art galleries, classical music and photography and hates nicotine, rugby and superficiality. Wishes to encounter a v very special well educated, intelligent, charming down-to-earth 30ish girl. SP1750
Wednesday, December 19, 1990 | Page: 96

*And here he is back again in 1991*

Thursday, February 07, 1991 | Page: 95

image.ashx

After all, nothing ventured, nothing gained ISP1849 Mr 41:1 am from Indian subcontinent, successfully employed in academic field, look like 31 with dazzling black eyes, never married, sincere, romantic, a polyglot, love art galleries, classical music and photography, dislike nicotine, rugby

a) He likes art galleries so may have been interested in Gold Coast art centre
b) Hates rugby so possibly hates football as well and could have used the name of a not so well known football player in his next advert as dark humour.

Last edited:
Could this be our Le Courier person adverstising in the Sydney morning Herald aged 42. (Le Courier advert the gentleman is late 1994 is 47 years old).

Thursday, March 22, 1990 | Page: 137

Mr 42: Look like 32,1 am from the orient, with sun tanned skin and dazzling black eyes, academic, with a PhD degree from one of the best European universities, securely and successfully employed, never married, honest, cultured, romantic and a, polyglott.
That's an interesting one! "Dazzling black eyes" o_O

That's an interesting one! "Dazzling black eyes" o_O
The Remakel advert sounds more European but I was just comparing similar adverts. Here is the full translation from the Le Courier one where he describes himself as brown, non drinking, non smoker.

MONSIEUR, 47 years old, single,
tall, brown, sober, non-smoking,
academic, multi-owner, nerd,
multilingual, warm, motivated and
diehard with qualities
moral and having important, seeks
free lady of hearts, B.C.B.G, view
permanent relationship and or marriage:

The Le Courier advert was PO box L51.
I haven't found one this number in Lennox Head.
Northern Rivers Services Pty Limited rents Po Box 53
(Po box 73 is for The Trustee for Atoll Resources Superannuation fund but probably irrelevant to the search).

Once he picked his size and location, the lease term would be six to twelve months and whoever used the box would have needed to have shown some ID to register and likely other mail was forwarded there.

Also whoever owned the box would have needed to collect the mail so any correspondence was not sent to someone abroad but someone pretty much in the area unless another person was allocated to forward and collect from the PO box.

Last edited:
The Remakel advert sounds more European but I was just comparing similar adverts. Here is the full translation from the Le Courier one where he describes himself as brown, non drinking, non smoker.

diehard with qualities

Thinking again about Le Courier Advert. The person placing the Le Courier advert could be Asian-American or similar as he describes himself as brown.
Brown or brown people is a racial and ethnic term. Like black people and white people, it is a term for race based on human skin color.
Ask Code Switch: Who Can Call Themselves 'Brown'?

Last edited:

diehard with qualities
Yes, good idea to compare, I enjoy reading them SaintGertrude - I was just having a giggle at how the guy was describing himself with "dazzling black eyes", I mean, who says that about themselves, haha, and black eyes actually don't even exist for humans, they're very dark brown.
Your mention of "brun" from the ad is interesting. It's been taken as meaning brown hair, but that's a good point because they don't mention eye colour straight after it, so h'mm, that's interesting. I mean, people say (like the other ad there) "blonde, blue eyes", no need for the word "hair", but to just say "brown" - yeah, excellent point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper