Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After listening to the latest podcast today (having not listened to the inquest on YouTube) has anyone been able to ascertain who the mystery director of JAL in Amsterdam was in the 1990's that was providing RB with heavily discount tickets? RB bumbled his way through this questioning so much, it became comical. How could he not remember the persons name after receiving discounted flights for 10 years from the said 'director' in Amsterdam?

Also how many times has poor unfortunate Mr aka been attacked and/or robbed, imagine being that unlucky to have been attacked as many times as he claims to have been!! :eek:
IF this JAL employee existed and he got discounted tickets, it is likely that it was the Station Manager Amsterdam rather than a Director, as RB described him being in an area above the run of the checkin desks. In the 1980s away from base, it is quite likely that the Station Manager could issue/authorize discounted tickets. As to not recalling his name, that seems to be the stock response and I take it to mean 'I am not telling you' ...all IMO.

I am interested to hear it as I am sure other WS's are too ;)
OK, well…what would draw together all the (alleged) aliases, (alleged) flitting around the world, (alleged) shell companies, (alleged) financial scams without any apparent personal gain, (alleged) leaving suitcases in left luggage, escalating crime MO ending with drugs in Belgium…..and more? What if the surface stuff in Oz is cover for a deeper connection to organised crime/ drug running (suitcases transporting more than just house deeds) and mr AKA is the “bag man” and not the mastermind.? Organised crime in Oz (Gold Coast northern NSW) was a hot mess in the 70s.

IMO & MOO!!
I dunno, maybe I am just tired and have read too many crime novels?!

Last edited:
SA at the end means it is a Société Anonyme (anonymous company), so many details may not be searchable? Maybe I am way behind and this has already been mentioned, but according to S.A. (corporation) - Wikipedia this type of company fits with the “getting dividends by surrendering coupons” and why he is travelling all over Francophone countries including ? Polynesie Française (Tahiti), Nouvelle Caledonie (Noumea) in Oceania, as well as Lebanon (hello Lebanese Hashish!), Morocco (hello Roger Lauzoney!).
Ok well that explanation makes it quite possible them. Thank you!

Falsely used forged documents in the name of BERNARD DUPONT, 17 Hampden St, Paddington 4, England to fraudulently lease 2 apartments in Middelkerke, Belgium.

So foraging documents from one country to lease other properties in another country to gain income ?

So forage documents gained from innocent women in Australia ( thanks suitcases left at airports) to forge their home documents to be able to utilise these documents for leases premises in another OS country ?

So 'liquidating' / 'bankrupting' one conglomerate of properties previously leased under one alias (after money made), to enable a new lease with new forged documents under a new alias...?

Multiple trips back and forth from Australia to various countries - sometimes only a few weeks after returning to Aust, multiple trips throughout Europe doing the same activity ( sometimes resulting in a halt of activities after being caught, which would mean others in the business are needed) to keep the 'books rolling'...

If I have your interpretation correct, this makes TOTAL sense as to why he and DdeH are NOT forthcoming with information!

Renov Pubs established 1968 the yr before he arrives in Australia -https://b2bhint.com/en/officer/65611393
( the company cover / covers publications/publishing, consignment deliveries/ food legumes goods, fairground etc etc etc - ) Various company titles under aliases
rue des Francs, 46
1040 Etterbeek
Belgique
(same address given on IK and WW entry forms)

Crossroads Bank for Enterprises - ( the Belgium Registration Authority of said business under FdeH in 1968 )

Cordemans et Cie - (the 'tax man' RB's "AGENT") - Albert Cordemans - used by RB for Tax / company purposes and to get flights for the women back to their countries.

Dorothea Maslowska comes onboard 2001 - MAZ ? ( the bookkeeper for records kept on individuals) aka DdeH IMO

2003 - Cordemans is liquidated
This is 2 or 3 years AFTER GGB and JO have reported RB (under the aliases he used when with both of them) and police linking RB to said aliases.

Cordemans et Cie states although liquidated ALL obligations will still need to be repaid and handled by Albert Cordeman and ALL company’s books and documents WILL BE KEPT.
Cordemans Et Cie will cease to exist subject to its passive existence for a period of 5 years.

So foraging documents from one country to lease other properties in another country to gain income ?

So forage documents gained from innocent women in Australia ( thanks suitcases left at airports) to forge their home documents to be able to utilise these documents for leases premises in another OS country ?

So 'liquidating' / 'bankrupting' one conglomerate of properties previously leased under one alias (after money made), to enable a new lease with new forged documents under a new alias...?

Multiple trips back and forth from Australia to various countries - sometimes only a few weeks after returning to Aust, multiple trips throughout Europe doing the same activity ( sometimes resulting in a halt of activities after being caught, which would mean others in the business are needed) to keep the 'books rolling'...

If I have your interpretation correct, this makes TOTAL sense as to why he and DdeH are NOT forthcoming with information!

Renov Pubs established 1968 the yr before he arrives in Australia -https://b2bhint.com/en/officer/65611393
( the company cover / covers publications/publishing, consignment deliveries/ food legumes goods, fairground etc etc etc - ) Various company titles under aliases
rue des Francs, 46
1040 Etterbeek
Belgique
(same address given on IK and WW entry forms)

Crossroads Bank for Enterprises - ( the Belgium Registration Authority of said business under FdeH in 1968 )

Cordemans et Cie - (the 'tax man' RB's "AGENT") - Albert Cordemans - used by RB for Tax / company purposes and to get flights for the women back to their countries.

Dorothea Maslowska comes onboard 2001 - MAZ ? ( the bookkeeper for records kept on individuals) aka DdeH IMO

2003 - Cordemans is liquidated
This is 2 or 3 years AFTER GGB and JO have reported RB (under the aliases he used when with both of them) and police linking RB to said aliases.

Cordemans et Cie states although liquidated ALL obligations will still need to be repaid and handled by Albert Cordeman and ALL company’s books and documents WILL BE KEPT.
Cordemans Et Cie will cease to exist subject to its passive existence for a period of 5
EXACTLY! with some twists …see my last post! We seem to be on the same page again @mishy66

I have an hypothesis that I am running with at the moment but I am too scared to say it!

There is a Belgium company name on the Panama papers. Company set up in Luxemborg. "FREDERICK" SA." Lots of other random companies with names like (deleted some names here, need expert to look). I personally don't know how to properly navigate the database for Panama papers.

Last edited:
There is a Belgium company name on the Panama papers. Company set up in Luxemborg. "FREDERICK" SA." Lots of other random companies with names like Freddy David, David Frederick. I personally don't know how to properly navigate the database for Panama papers.
Oooh! Well that is interesting! and would be another jigsaw puzzle fitting for me. For my bagman/ organised crime “hypothesis” I suspect I would need access to a lot of information that I wouldn’t be able to get. so it’s just a big jigsaw picture in my head where more pieces are fitting in theory, but no evidence……including now some of the stumbling blocks/ pieces that didn’t fit: like who gained financially if RB didn’t? How did MB get tied up in it and disappear but subsequent women “survived”?

OK, well…what would draw together all the (alleged) aliases, (alleged) flitting around the world, (alleged) shell companies, (alleged) financial scams without any apparent personal gain, (alleged) leaving suitcases in left luggage, escalating crime MO ending with drugs in Belgium…..and more? What if the surface stuff in Oz is cover for a deeper connection to organised crime/ drug running (suitcases transporting more than just house deeds) and mr AKA is the “bag man” and not the mastermind.? Organised crime in Oz (Gold Coast northern NSW) was a hot mess in the 70s.

IMO & MOO!!
I dunno, maybe I am just tired and have read too many crime novels?!
With so much being uncovered, so many (alleged) lies, his convictions in Europe as per the NAA files, all the alias's.......anything is possible!

Further to my posts about organised crime…I’m not sure how many on this forum are from Oz and Queensland in particular, but when I said “organised crime in Queensland/ Gold Coast/ northern NSW was a hot mess (rife) in the 1970s” my thoughts had gone to the Fitzgerald inquiry Before Fitzgerald: How the band of brothers gathered as whistleblowers
Which turned Queenslanders’ worlds upside down overnight. This inquiry followed a 4 Corners expose called “The Moonlight State” which also rocked our socks! Prior to this the corruption was a “well known secret” and even people I knew (radical students who took part in demonstrations in the 60s and 70s) discovered that the police held secret dossiers on them. But Queensland had been considered a sleepy, backwater where nothing much happened, and once the lid was off….!

I believe he also used his traveling companions who he did not travel with to bring cash back for him .

imo
EXACTLY! cash and maybe “other stuff” IMO MOO
Travelling separately was also a red flag for me. That and the JAL “connection” who supplied “free” tickets!
Memories of “elderly” people being conned into “carryingl also sent me off down this track https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/pensioner-who-faces-life-in-an-asian-jail-for-ice-smuggling-may-have-been-duped-into-drug-run-by-african-scammers/news-story/86400c311478620abfafd12e306793b7

P
lus, the outlier of RB arriving into Australia via Philippines on one trip piqued my interest!

Last edited:
CAR54 post
I may be going off thread but I was looking at the NAA site for the Blum surname and came across an entry fro Maria Katharina READ (nee Blum). She arrived in Australia in January 1952 relocated soon after to Mount Tamborine. Could this be a relative of our man of many names as the surnames Blum, Read or Reid and Mount Tamborine have been mentioned earlier. The place at Tamborine "Yurnga" is still there, link is at https://agreatertown.com/australia_un/4br_house_vacation_rental_in_mount_tambourine_qld_0002668082

This might help ...nice isnt it ?

Edit add ..i do not think but dont know for sure Reids still own it but maybe they bought nearby at some stage , its possible

Yes this was put up some time back. I am not sure how you can get back to it, maybe doing a search here?

Well done to the Sussex sleuth finding the baptisms.

That does not surprise me. Without going into a huge long lecture about British education, some schools in England are administered by the Church of England. This is the Protestant church not the Roman Catholic one. These schools have separate admission rules and being baptised in the Church of England is usually top of the list. The only school in Burwash is a Church of England (also CE or CofE) one. Looking at a map, most of the other primary schools in that area are CofE too. At the age the kids were at the time, the parents would be looking at schools and realised that if there were more kids than spaces, they'd be at the back of the queue and perhaps have to drive their kids miles. So got them baptised.

This really isn't an unusual move, parents do it all the time and it doesn't indicate that they were religious or pretending to be religious in any way.

Thank you for clarifying.
That does fit with my research into his aliases.

Because the other passport is not Freddy it’s Fredy posted in the last thread if that helps.. passenger card arriving on Chusan
Sorry. I Mistyped. I Meant AU didn’t seem to be aware of the Freddy/Fredy alias until after he returned in 1974 and married. This doc mentions AU looking for records in names of DH, WW and the RL name.

Attachments

• CCDE58A3-4C3B-4F7F-BFE7-5C74FCF43F88.jpeg
    CCDE58A3-4C3B-4F7F-BFE7-5C74FCF43F88.jpeg
    110.5 KB · Views: 24
So here likely is the company...
Distribution Europeenne De Sieges Et De Meubles SA which translate to European Distribution Of Seats And Furniture SA

I found it at Desm, Distribution Europeenne De Sieges Et De Meubles SA

The interesting snippet is that the downloadable documentation is dated Sep 9, 1997 which is around the time Marion disappeared.

Getting more interesting all the time!

Also just found on another site at BERTRANGE, Luxembourg Liste de sièges sociaux | Info-clipper.com that the company's head office was in BERTRANGE, Luxembourg.

The Parent Company!

Has anyone found anything that links to Griffith NSW?

Just another wild flight of fantasy that I have evolved in my disappearing down the rabbit hole of organised crime in Qld/NSW in the 70s and 80s…Donald McKay (anti-drugs campaigner) was assumed murdered in 1977 (body never found) and the “story” was that he was killed by a hit man called Fred, who was never discovered. Suspects lined up all had alibis.

Last edited:
So here likely is the company...
Distribution Europeenne De Sieges Et De Meubles SA which translate to European Distribution Of Seats And Furniture SA

I found it at Desm, Distribution Europeenne De Sieges Et De Meubles SA

The interesting snippet is that the downloadable documentation is dated Sep 9, 1997 which is around the time Marion disappeared.

société anonyme -

The public limited company (société anonyme – SA), together with the private limited liability company (société à responsabilité limitée – SARL), is one of the most common types of company in Luxembourg. This form of company offers many advantages, in terms of limited liability (limited to the level of contribution) and regulated access to capital.

The SA is often the legal form of company chosen by large businesses, but it can also be used for SMEs, as the shares in this type of company can be bearer shares and are therefore more easily transferable.

For shareholders, the main attraction is the limitation of their liability to the level of their contribution to the capital and the possibility of operating in relative anonymity.

Owing to its characteristics, an SA is suitable for a wide range of businesses of different sizes, with different types of activities, offering legal and natural persons the possibility to:

• promote the development of the business by bringing new shareholders on board;
  • access the financial markets (capital markets).

Prerequisites
At least one partner is required.
Any person wishing to set up a company to do business in Luxembourg must have the authorisations/approvals required to carry out the activity.

Public Limited Company (SA)

The Safety Net.
Great find!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics