Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting that :) All this time, I was imagining something quite different, like a tea table you can put things inside, heheheee.

So it's essentially a wooden crate for packing.

I imagine that IF Marion packed belongings in such a crate, the contents would be very expensive and fragile. Like fine china. And the journey would be far. It would make no sense to pack anything else in there for a reasonably short trip. Especially a crate with metal seals!

There is zero percent chance a 'little old man' would be able to move a few crates like that filled with books. Or even a portly pilot in his fifties hauling them into a car. No way.

I once placed my books in a ceder chest to move because I ran out of boxes. Very bad idea. It took two young men AND and a trolly AND bungee cords AND the lift function of the truck AND a lot of time to move that thing. It's the same as moving a refrigerator!
They are actually just moving boxes. Standard run of the mill moving boxes, I think. Also, yesterday when AC asked RB the approximate size of these, he said width about 400mm, which is spot on. I thought he would have been way off haha! Tea Chest Box

They are actually just moving boxes. Standard run of the mill moving boxes, I think. Also, yesterday when AC asked RB the approximate size of these, he said width about 400mm, which is spot on. I thought he would have been way off haha! Tea Chest Box
IMO that's why I think he has dredged it up from a past memory. These cardboard boxes are the standard ones used for removals these days (and likely to be the kind that SL described) but he has described specifically "old fashioned" tea chests...wooden with metal strips to seal the edges (like the one @ChrysStevenson posted) , which used to be used to ship tea and then fragile goods by ship.

Thanks for the clarification. I have not participated in previous discussions on this topic (despite being an active member of this forum and this case on WS since 2019) but I do recall learning about the family history after the last sitting of the inquest. I do wish to note he said THE mother again yesterday, it’s something that you’d think he would make an active attempt to correct in circumstances where police and others have access to records on these topics. MOO.
I don’t believe he wants it corrected. He is if of a generation that is not proud to have been born out of wedlock. JMO

IMO that's why I think he has dredged it up from a past memory. These cardboard boxes are the standard ones used for removals these days (and likely to be the kind that SL described) but he has described specifically "old fashioned" tea chests...wooden with metal strips to seal the edges (like the one @ChrysStevenson posted) , which used to be used to ship tea and then fragile goods by ship.
Oh, right! I also initially imagined old "chests" but for some reason I thought I was wrong. Thanks for clarifying! :)

exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member