Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I misunderstood the term 'separated'. I took it to mean the relationship was over. But in fact, it could simply mean separated in the journey.

Besides the jewelry, what is the value of all the documents? Selling them on the black market perhaps? Just seems like traveling to Europe is a lot of work for what he got out of it financially.

He maybe ran into a snag with Marion when she could only take out $5000 per day. He knew she had just sold her house. It must have been his plan to get hold of that money. The way he operates, he can just disappear into thin air. I personally don’t see any reason to have murdered her.

Besides the jewelry, what is the value of all the documents? Selling them on the black market perhaps? Just seems like traveling to Europe is a lot of work for what he got out of it financially.

He maybe ran into a snag with Marion when she could only take out $5000 per day. He knew she had just sold her house. It must have been his plan to get hold of that money. The way he operates, he can just disappear into thin air. I personally don’t see any reason to have murdered her.

It's a lot of money do you think he was worried Marion would go to the police ? so harmed her.

Although he doesn't seem to concerned about the others going to the police.

I think things probably happened along the same lines,
Marion has got suspicious and also came back earlier then he wanted.
Perhaps the same story of being beaten up and he's told her when the met up in Australia not to tell anyone because he's being blackmailed and she needs to help him to keep her family safe.
Except the factious person wanted more and more money which is why she was upset about the car.
When there was no more money left he ended up killing her.

I think the Clark hunter post was also part of the story he made up to help cover his tracks later

I think there will be more single women he has burgled well he was supposedly beaten up away.

We have heard he would blackmail, lie and try and get to Australia first to clean out the house.

Pure theory.....

Selling for false documents, obtaining lines of credit in someone else's name.
Probably all sorts of horrible ways to get money if you have two different forms of ID

Not that I heard, no. So far there’s been nothing said during the inquest to suggest that part was even true. It could be more lies. Nymboida isn’t a big place though.

Yes could certainly be more lies, or maybe not... I was intrigued when Coroner asked the witness a question regarding about this land and or location ? It is not Far from Grafton 35 minute drive via Armidale according to google maps.. Admin if post is not allowed please delete.

Is anyone else scratching their heads about the suitcases left at airport? Or wondering why when travelling to London they didn’t collect them? Aside from the obvious reason … there was stuff there that was later collected by #manofmanynames … surprised the question wasn’t asked today ‘ why were those cases never collected’

Is anyone else scratching their heads about the suitcases left at airport? Or wondering why when travelling to London they didn’t collect them? Aside from the obvious reason … there was stuff there that was later collected by #manofmanynames … surprised the question wasn’t asked today ‘ why were those cases never collected’

Yes confused I am. To me it sounded as though said person was trying to hatch a plan or fulfil one and at some point it fell apart ? I hope at some point all the dots will connect up !

Edited - I’m not sure if linking other cases is allowed here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members