Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier I read a scribble from NAA file that RB had surgery/scars on spine. The inquest clarified it was SHINS. One main reason for surgery scars on shins is for tibia surgery, often undertaken by soccer players (?) The plot may thicken yet.

Also, I don't believe for a second that Willy Wouters was his birth name from Belgium in 1939. That's how he got to Aus in 1969. He might have created a world of mischief beforehand, or even entered and left Aus before then. Who is this man?

Based on JO’s experience overseas with RB, I wonder if he said to Marion ‘oh you go off and tour the countryside while I go take care of some business’. Other than the last contact while she was in Tonbridge Wells, is there a summary anywhere on Marion’s movements within the UK before that last contact?
Agree
What I understood from today's inquest it was part of the witness's luggage
Yes it was.. just surprised it wasn’t brought up with the witness.. why were they left? When they didn’t have a flight booked so wouldn’t be returning.. instead travelled by ferry.. so why would you think - yeah cool I’ll leave my luggage and never go back and collect it..

Earlier I read a scribble from NAA file that RB had surgery/scars on spine. The inquest clarified it was SHINS. One main reason for surgery scars on shins is for tibia surgery, often undertaken by soccer players (?) The plot may thicken yet.

Also, I don't believe for a second that Willy Wouters was his birth name from Belgium in 1939. That's how he got to Aus in 1969. He might have created a world of mischief beforehand, or even entered and left Aus before then. Who is this man?

I agree, we don’t know if this man is indeed WW. You can’t believe anything he says, including how old he is, etc.
also, the luggage thing is puzzling. He did that for a reason. But why? Did he intend to plant something in the suitcase? Smuggling? Was it for a look-alike to collect? So many questions.

Agree

Yes it was.. just surprised it wasn’t brought up with the witness.. why were they left? When they didn’t have a flight booked so wouldn’t be returning.. instead travelled by ferry.. so why would you think - yeah cool I’ll leave my luggage and never go back and collect it..

Maybe today's witness assumed return ticket would be booked and paid for a couple of days before departing... Not sure ? Interesting how hair colour and the possibility of changing hair colour was discussed today ?

Agree

My mother-in-law is just like the witness, it would never occur to her to question ANYTHING, especially if a man tells her to do something, it pains me to no end.

Some people have little going on in their head, I must say it would be quit nice sometimes, I have never seen my mother-in-law stressed, ever.

I do love her but I find it really odd

My mother-in-law is just like the witness, it would never occur to her to question ANYTHING, especially if a man tells her to do something, it pains me to no end.

Some people have little going on in their head, I must say it would be quit nice sometimes, I have never seen my mother-in-law stressed, ever.
I can’t help but feel sorry for her. She was so trusting of him and ignored many many red flags. He knew how to choose his victims. I think she gave a lot of good information and has helped the case along more than she knows. Let’s hope If there are any more victims they come out of the woodwork.

Was it not Marion who came back to Australia, but a look alike, who had stolen her purse to begin with.

In that case I believe something happened to Marion overseas.

If it was her who came back, maybe she got suspicious of something, came back earlier than the other person planned and tried to get all her money out of the bank, because she'd grown suspicious of the other person and realised that somehow they might be able to access her money, having stolen all her ID etc.
And then something happened to her here, in Australia before she had a chance to get the police involved or had a chance to contact family.

I can’t help but feel sorry for her. She was so trusting of him and ignored many many red flags. He knew how to choose his victims. I think she gave a lot of good information and has helped the case along more than she knows. Let’s hope If there are any more victims they come out of the woodwork.

I feel terrible for her and not to have anyone keep an eye on her and her trusting nature, we keep a very close eye on my MIL for that reason she is way to trusting and doesn't seem to be able to read a situation, shame her sons didn't seem to have much to do with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phenomanon