Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Iluka - is a small village at the mouth of the Clarence River in north-eastern New South Wales, Australia. It is situated directly across the river from the resort town of Yamba. At the 2016 census, Iluka had a population of 1,718 people. The town's name is derived from an Aboriginal word meaning "near the sea".

I must have missed something here. What is the relevance of Iluka?

Sally appears to be angry.

I feel like she’s exhausted by it all. She’s expected to have a perfect memory of events more than 20 years ago when there has been so many failings by the police during this period. She wouldn’t be having to remember all this so clearly now if they had investigated properly back then.

I don't understand how some of these questions really relate to whether or not Marion is alive. Even if they DID have contact with Marion in 1997, that doesn't mean nothing happened to her after. I mean, I do get it, but at the same time it's frustrating.

It seems like they are trying to poke holes in Sally’s version of events about the police conduct and communication. This isn’t a deposition of her suing them? They need to focus on Marion, and not who told Sally what when.
Yeah, that's the impression I get and I am finding it hard to understand. Why are they quibbling every single detail of Sally's account? How is that relevant?

Not sure what they're trying to get at ?

feel like they are still trying to shift the onus from the police force, which is totally pointless really it doesn't find Marion or find what happened to her.

If Marion is alive then the police were right in their "gut feeling" at the time and the way they acted.

If Marion was murdered then they were wrong

The end result will either confirm polices actions to be correct or not. Sighting Marion would have been better but may not have helped in the long run anyways, she could have said the same thing she said to the bank, case closed, then she is murdered.

I personal don't think the police did anything totally neglectful in 1997, as the missing persons women said, this situation is normal in their world, people do this everyday, the bank would be the ones whom would be concerned if they thought they had handed money to the wrong person, their investigation to ensure they hadn't would have been thorough, more thorough than the police IMO, you don't defraud a bank and think you will get away with it.

But this line of questioning is annoying and pointless IMO, poor Sally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member