Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, when you think about how much money he spent on the trip and accomodation, setting them up as drug mules would make sense.

With no tax deductions??? I know he has never paid tax as most things he did were untraceable. Was he on unemployment benefits too? No he would then be traceable.

JO got a free one way flight, a stop in Bali, a ferry ride and a car tour of England plus free hotels. She was so besotted with him, she can't even remember where they went in England. Romantic love can be dangerous.

JO said at the inquest that she went to the Police in Jan 2000 after going to the UK & Holland with him in Dec 1999. I wonder what investigations the Police carried out at the time, if any?

Also if the DOB (July 39) is to believed isn’t this guy aged 82 not 83? Also it would have been his birthday during the period Marion was in the UK.

Do you think he used the same trick with Marion. One way ticket, few days with her, skip over to Holland or France? Obviously Marion unlike JO had sold the house but Marion did have transferred money with Barclays in Rye unlike JO.

The ad which could have started it all and could end it all:

1994-12-10 Ad is placed by Remakel. Single, Brown, great, Sober, non smoking, Multi owner, intelligent, warm, motivated and to the end with moral qualities important seeks lady of free heart. View permanent relationship and/or marriage.

I’m not suggesting that this is the same WW but he’s a few pages from a book.. about ‘another’ WW arrested 1968 in the states as part of a group of heroin traffickers. Also a Belgium

OMG!! That is him!!! Now in the USA, drug trafficking hard drugs and big money! Must have gotten too hot so he gets to Aus and tries to stay quiet (eg fleece older ladies not smuggle hard drugs)

I’m not suggesting that this is the same WW but he’s a few pages from a book.. about ‘another’ WW arrested 1968 in the states as part of a group of heroin traffickers. Also a Belgium

OMG!! That is him!!! Now in the USA, drug traffickinG hard drugs and big money! Must have gotten too hot so he gets to Aus and tries to stay quiet (eg fleece older ladies not smuggle hard drugs)

I’m not suggesting that this is the same WW but he’s a few pages from a book.. about ‘another’ WW arrested 1968 in the states as part of a group of heroin traffickers. Also a Belgium national

Crime in America--heroin Importation, Distribution, Packaging, and Paraphernalia

and also mentioned in this one..

The Secret War Against Dope

Two men, same name..?

Very interesting! The books says he had a Swiss bank account and um... where was our WW when he first claims to have met Marion? Swiss banks are notorious fraud havens.

I have also been wondering all along why in our research we haven't found reference to him in USA or Canada. Especially in the French speaking parts of Canada.

I recall Sally mentioned in one of the podcasts Marion had an original Brett Whitely painting or print. Could anyone confirm if it was an original and the name of the painting / print ?

Not sure exactly. But Did you notice the paintings in the Mount Tambourine air bnbs?

Not sure exactly. But Did you notice the paintings in the Mount Tambourine air bnbs?

No where could I look online for the Mount Tambourine air bnbs, I’m not familiar with art, I’m assuming air bnbs is (Airbnb) ? Thanks

I would be surprised if Mr Blum or whatever his name is this week didn’t visit Switzerland but like a few have already said I don’t think he met the recently married Marion in a hotel there (would have been early 1969). Not sure how this fits in with his timeline of offending anyway. I wonder if Marion told him about her previous visit to Europe with Johnny Warren and this fitted in with his football coaching scenario? The Warren family or his biographers would surely know if Johnny had briefly gone to Switzerland after leaving Stockport County. It’s strange that Fernand Remakel an obscure Luxembourg international footballer was used for his alias and that of Marion’s Deed Poll change.

[QUOTE="Peralta, post: 17427002, member: 249471"

I have also been wondering all along why in our research we haven't found reference to him in USA or Canada. Especially in the French speaking parts of Canada.[/QUOTE]
There is lots of Willy Wouters information and travel passenger lists etc including to New York USA on ancestry.com

I've been searching Trove for old articles about conmen to see if RB had any priors in Aus or women complaining about him years ago. I found a very similar case involving Gerd Alert Huchthausen: 20 April 1989 and 10 March 1990.

His MO is very similar to RB: "had up to 30 aliases, wooed women in six Australian states whom he met through advertisements in lonely hearts columns and introduction agencies. But after winning the confidence of his victims — and their hearts — he would disappear, along with thousands of dollars of their savings."

He had a long rap sheet, including forgery and getting caught at CBA while withdrawing cash pretending to be someone else. And he did jail time.

I also found his NAA file as he was of German origin. What's interesting is that officials knew he had a record, so in 1972 they considered deportation but didn't go through with it as his crimes were not "serious offence involving violence or depravity." However, in 1978, they realised it was a lifestyle choice and appears they did deport him. I really thought this could be RB, but RB is 6'2 and Gerd is 5'3, apparently.

None the less, I can't believe how common all this is :eek:

I've been searching Trove for old articles about conmen to see if RB had any priors in Aus or women complaining about him years ago. I found a very similar case involving Gerd Alert Huchthausen: 20 April 1989 and 10 March 1990.

His MO is very similar to RB: "had up to 30 aliases, wooed women in six Australian states whom he met through advertisements in lonely hearts columns and introduction agencies. But after winning the confidence of his victims — and their hearts — he would disappear, along with thousands of dollars of their savings."

He had a long rap sheet, including forgery and getting caught at CBA while withdrawing cash pretending to be someone else. And he did jail time.

I also found his NAA file as he was of German origin. What's interesting is that officials knew he had a record, so in 1972 they considered deportation but didn't go through with it as his crimes were not "serious offence involving violence or depravity." However, in 1978, they realised it was a lifestyle choice and appears they did deport him. I really thought this could be RB, but RB is 6'2 and Gerd is 5'3, apparently.

None the less, I can't believe how common all this is :eek:

It is very sickening almost a character flaw or personality disorder!

OMG!! That is him!!! Now in the USA, drug traffickinG hard drugs and big money! Must have gotten too hot so he gets to Aus and tries to stay quiet (eg fleece older ladies not smuggle hard drugs)
Wow, if that’s him and he was a heroin trafficker, then he could very well have been using the women as drug mules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95