Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume that RB's 1968 website has had to be updated every few years or even every year for a hosting fee. But these days this business is only registered in the name of F De H. Originally there were three names - all his. Hence it was updated in Jan 2022. It looks as if he is a workaholic conman to me and will do it until he dies. However, this could be a legitimate business, who knows?

He is 82yo (not 83yo) so I guess he might be preparing to depart Australia for Belgium as soon as the inquest is over. IMO he could use it from Australia as online clients wouldn't know the difference.

It looks to me as if he has developed a network of clients using a tick the box approach as many things are repeated in the different businesses (see above). These agents seem to go back as far as 2007. Maybe he gets a fee from them to sign up and if he gives them business he gets a commission. A type of Amway situation perhaps but maybe not multilevel - just two levels. He acts as the middle man perhaps.

RENOV PUBS breaks into two links with 15721 businesses in one arm and 44442 businesses in the other making 60,163 in total.

That's the way I'm now understanding it but open to hearing what you think.

Oh sorry i didnt see this before i posted ...i understood the link from Renov went to a page where you can search companies and this was the source of the search for his company , so i didn't see them as connected but i will go look with the suggestion they are companies connected as you suggest re travel packages etc

Is this a different entity to the one you found re the 3 names ? They both have the same title
but this one has only Fred as founder ?

As far as I could determine, Fred began this same business in 1968 the year before he came to Australia and registered three Administrators. F De H, Willy Wouters and Ric Blum which were all him. So since then, he seems to have "sacked" Willy and Ric so he just changed it to himself only. Was RENOV PUBS the original business name?

Lokii found the connection earlier so I took what she said. She is going to continue to research this later as you might choose to do. When you have a business, you can change what you offer as you see fit. He seems to branch out with two links from that. You only usually change the name to match what you are offering. He IMO saw no need to do that so no need to change the company name. The people listed seem to be sole traders all over Belgium when you click on the links offering a variety of services - not just advertising and publishing. They cover a variety of services mainly - many not connected to each other - which I find strange.

From above link:
RENOV PUBS - 0858473358 - Belgium

If you click on #7440101 it leads you to this page Found 15721 companies | B2BHint Search

If you click on #7311001 it leads you to this page Found 44442 companies | B2BHint Search

What does all this mean?

Then you click on some of the companies, they have the same listings.

YEM-COACHING - 0779407767 - Belgium
#9604003 Physical wellbeing services, such as provided in thalassotherapy establishments, spas, Turkish baths, saunas, steam baths, massage parlors, etc.
#4777002 Retail trade in jewelery and goldsmiths
#7911002 Organizing trips and excursions of shorter duration, arranging 'tailor-made trips', accommodation and transport of travelers and tourists

BRAINLOCKED - GPS ADVENTURE GAME - 0778736586 - Belgium
#9604003 Physical wellbeing services, such as provided in thalassotherapy establishments, spas, Turkish baths, saunas, steam baths, massage parlors, etc.
#7911002 Organizing trips and excursions of shorter duration, arranging 'tailor-made trips', accommodation and transport of travelers and tourists

This one is a business named Eyes Cream
Eyes Cream - 0896303061 - Belgium

This one is a business called Villa, Maxime
Villa, Maxime - 0776443527 - Belgium

Does RB have a network of agents in Belgium?

From your links I somehow ended up here

Gegevens van de geregistreerde entiteit | KBO Public Search

then then pasted into google and did a translate.. ( I did post link of translation but it was absurdly long) so have pasted English version.

I have highlighted 2 dates… that spiked my curiousity

Translation results
General Company number: 0858.473.358 Status: Active
Legal status: Normal status Since October 1, 1968
Start date: October 1, 1968
Name: DH F Since 25 May 2021
Phone number: No data included in KBO.
Fax number: No data included in KBO.
E-mail: No data included in KBO.
Web address: No data included in KBO.
Entity type: Natural person
Number of establishment units (VE): 1
Data and activities per VE Functions
founder of a registered entity-natural person DH, F Since October 1, 1968
Entrepreneurial skills - itinerant - fair operator No information contained in KBO. Qualities Company subject to registration Since November 1, 2018
Admissions No information contained in KBO.
Financial details No information contained in KBO.
Linking between entities no information contained in KBO.
Activities No information contained in KBO.

From above link:
RENOV PUBS - 0858473358 - Belgium

If you click on #7440101 it leads you to this page Found 15721 companies | B2BHint Search

If you click on #7311001 it leads you to this page Found 44442 companies | B2BHint Search

What does all this mean?

Then you click on some of the companies, they have the same listings.

YEM-COACHING - 0779407767 - Belgium
#4777002 Retail trade in jewelery and goldsmiths

BRAINLOCKED - GPS ADVENTURE GAME - 0778736586 - Belgium

This one is a business named Eyes Cream
Eyes Cream - 0896303061 - Belgium

This one is a business called Villa, Maxime
Villa, Maxime - 0776443527 - Belgium

Does RB have a network of agents in Belgium?

then then pasted into google and did a translate.. ( I did post link of translation but it was absurdly long) so have pasted English version.

Translation results
Entrepreneurial skills - itinerant - fair operator No information contained in KBO. Qualities Company subject to registration Since November 1, 2018

APOLOGIES IPHONE POSTED TWICE

Translation results

BME Entrepreneurial skills - itinerant - fair operator LOL
Name: DH F Since 25 May 2021 Did he "sack" Willy and Ric then? When did police interview him?

Last edited:
BME Entrepreneurial skills - itinerant - fair operator LOL
Name: DH F Since 25 May 2021 Did he "sack" Willy and Ric then? When did police interview him?

Is it possible he started with one name then changed business owner name over the years? Now shows as FDH, but other names still show up in some searches? Just a theory

Hi everyone, first time posting here so hope I'm doing it right. This case has absolutely fascinated me and I'm well down the rabbit hole now.

I have been trawling through old versions of the Le Courrier Australien from the 90s and I couldn't help but notice there aren't that many personal ads posted, but this one stood out to me:
FKXTfrX

Rough translation:
54-year-old man, university student living in Brisbane, excellent economic situation, seeks French lady speaking dynamic English and French, to explore the possibility of living together; widowed or divorced acceptable, no objection to children if older and independent. Write and send photo to [name], Old

It struck me that there were a number of similarities to the F Remakel ad - e.g. university student, references to wealth, roughly the same age - and we know that man of many names had some affiliation with QLD. Interesting also he wants someone with 'independent' children - perhaps looking for someone who is a bit isolated. I wonder if it is worth looking into whether this person could be associated at all?

Is it possible he started with one name then changed business owner name over the years? Now shows as FDH, but other names still show up in some searches? Just a theory

He definitely started with three names to make the company look bigger than it was or so that he could pick and choose which name he would use. IMO

Hi everyone, first time posting here so hope I'm doing it right. This case has absolutely fascinated me and I'm well down the rabbit hole now.

I have been trawling through old versions of the Le Courrier Australien from the 90s and I couldn't help but notice there aren't that many personal ads posted, but this one stood out to me:
FKXTfrX

Rough translation:
54-year-old man, university student living in Brisbane, excellent economic situation, seeks French lady speaking dynamic English and French, to explore the possibility of living together; widowed or divorced acceptable, no objection to children if older and independent. Write and send photo to [name], Old

It struck me that there were a number of similarities to the F Remakel ad - e.g. university student, references to wealth, roughly the same age - and we know that man of many names had some affiliation with QLD. Interesting also he wants someone with 'independent' children - perhaps looking for someone who is a bit isolated. I wonder if it is worth looking into whether this person could be associated at all?

Do you have a link to it please? Or do you have a date when this as was posted? A name? Means of contact? Worth looking into.
Claims to be studying at university at 54yo? Why would he say that?

As far as I could determine, Fred began this same business in 1968 the year before he came to Australia and registered three Administrators. F De H, Willy Wouters and Ric Blum which were all him. So since then, he seems to have "sacked" Willy and Ric so he just changed it to himself only. Was RENOV PUBS the original business name?

Lokii found the connection earlier so I took what she said. She is going to continue to research this later as you might choose to do. When you have a business, you can change what you offer as you see fit. He seems to branch out with two links from that. You only usually change the name to match what you are offering. He IMO saw no need to do that so no need to change the company name. The people listed seem to be sole traders all over Belgium when you click on the links offering a variety of services - not just advertising and publishing. They cover a variety of services mainly - many not connected to each other - which I find strange.

So if these sole traders are connected to Freds company then are they the 3rd parties the business markets for in all media as per its original description ?

Do you have a link to it please? Or do you have a date when this as was posted? A name? Means of contact? Worth looking into.
Claims to be studying at university at 54yo? Why would he say that?

I found it on Trove, in the 10th of Feb 1994 edition. I am not sure if this link works? Advertising - Le Courrier Australien (Sydney, NSW : 1892 - 2011) - 10 Feb 1994

The name is M Pierre H de Gaye, located in Corinda. I noticed also it was another PO Box, which although not super rare, was somewhat unusual of the ads I saw (many either put just a phone number or had the address c/o of the newspaper)

Re the studying; my French is pretty bad, from some Googling I think it can perhaps also be used as "academic" so perhaps it was used like that. It struck me though because M. F. Remakel used the same word in his ad, as well.

Put RLW's name into the wayback machine and that Passy word pops up again....
Wayback Machine

Interesting and it seem to be a place to advertise for wedding photographers
Can anyone explain the value of the con's use of unusual names that belong to other people? What is the point of that? It would seem a con man would use common names.

I agree, complete fail he didn't use John Smith, right about now I bet he wished he did

Can anyone explain the value of the con's use of unusual names that belong to other people? What is the point of that? It would seem a con man would use common names.

yes i found it interesting that we managed to connect the name Worter to him and the name
Blum has a family connection , I have been trying to find a link to the FDH name in his past as that name is a well connected genealogy . We have discovered that some of these connections have been caught up in the era of Revolution and displacement .

Uncanny! It's a polish wedding photography site and something to do with a Johnie Passy. But I really don't know how the RLW name figures into it, or to the others on the list - I don't understand the search algorithm.

Richard Lloyd Westbury

スレンディーナマジックの口コミと効果
SLENDINA MAGIC (WOMAN IN HER UNDERWEAR)

I found it on Trove, in the 10th of Feb 1994 edition. I am not sure if this link works? Advertising - Le Courrier Australien (Sydney, NSW : 1892 - 2011) - 10 Feb 1994

The name is M Pierre H de Gaye, located in Corinda. I noticed also it was another PO Box, which although not super rare, was somewhat unusual of the ads I saw (many either put just a phone number or had the address c/o of the newspaper)

Re the studying; my French is pretty bad, from some Googling I think it can perhaps also be used as "academic" so perhaps it was used like that. It struck me though because M. F. Remakel used the same word in his ad, as well.

More meanings for universitaire
university adjective
light-grey-square-4x4.png

universitaire
academic adjective
light-grey-square-4x4.png

académique, scolaire, théorique
academical adjective

académique, scolaire, théorique
postgraduate student noun

universitaire

Probably means postgraduate student IMO.

Uncanny! It's a polish wedding photography site and something to do with a Johnie Passy. But I really don't know how the RLW name figures into it, or to the others on the list - I don't understand the search algorithm.
I don’t either. What I’ve gathered is that there are some sites where perhaps the current URL was previously used as something else. But the old content - the ‘something else’ no longer shows up? Like at some point maybe that site had a mention of RLW but that content has been lost in the archiving process. Dunno, that might be wrong but I can’t figure out how else the search results get triggered sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glitterbag