Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO Casselden would have asked Diane if she knew of her from letters that RB would have received about this matter. It does not necessarily mean she knew her in person.

Personally I think that's unlikely but I guess we will see what comes of it.

She looks about his age. Definitely 70+ at least.

So in your opinion, Mrs AF looks 70+ at least now but the letter was dated 2010. That's twelve years ago! She would have still been working then - maybe 58-65yo then? Also people often look older than their chronological ages.

When Casselden asked JO what evidence of injuries she saw on RB, she said obvious scars on shins, a few little scars around body, and a damaged nose. I saw the nose, it's heavily leaning to one side, just like boxers get after severe repeated blows then fixed with plastic surgery. I noticed it straight away as I had a boxer in the family. And then JO confirmed it.

There's a really good image of RB in the first couple of videos last week. I'll go find the timestamp.

Good observation.

I am certain that Casselden's team, including homicide investigators, are working with several authorities in Aus and overseas to make sure they get everything they need.

I'll also go out on a limb to say they have been putting this case together for a while – far longer that 8 June 2021, when coroner/police first approached RB. Their investigation is exhaustive.

I bet they were not expect this can of worms when the followed up the newspaper ad lead ... next minute

So in your opinion, Mrs AF looks 70+ at least now but the letter was dated 2010. That's twelve years ago! She would have still been working then - maybe 58-65yo then? Also people often look older than their chronological ages.

I had to use a translator but..

Funeral was held in Liévin which is near to Lille. I’m sure I heard those places mentioned during the inquest? Or at least Lille.

Espace de Recueillement de Madame Andrée FLAMME

Blum's injuries allegedly sustained in the gendarmerie... I know they left scars on his shins. Given the images I've seen from 1969 until now, and JOs testimony, I also suspect he had a very badly broken nose.

I don't for one second believe he got injured doing something even remotely noble. My take is that as a young man, he scammed the wrong person and coped a hell of a beating. He might've even spent time in hospital. But I think it's more likely someone took a crowbar to his legs and beat his face so hard that his nose almost fell off. He will never admit this of course. That's my theory right now. Subject to change.

So do you think that RB found some way to get an invalid pension in Belgium by claiming he got the injuries while in the Gendarmerie? Or that is only the story he gave to Centrelink so that he would receive a Disability pension here? Or is he receiving both? I noted today that Diane has been receiving the Carer's pension ever since he received his Disability pension. I predicted that would have been the pension she would have been on. Do you think there is any truth in Diane having cxxxxxxx? (can't remember the name of it) so that he can say that she has memory difficulties and her testimony may not be correct? Could he have forged the document he gave to Casselden?

So do you think that RB found some way to get an invalid pension in Belgium by claiming he got the injuries while in the Gendarmerie? Or that is only the story he gave to Centrelink so that he would receive a Disability pension here? Or is he receiving both? I noted today that Diane has been receiving the Carer's pension ever since he received his Disability pension. I predicted that would have been the pension she would have been on. Do you think there is any truth in Diane having cxxxxxxx? (can't remember the name of it) so that he can say that she has memory difficulties and her testimony may not be correct? Could he have forged the document he gave to Casselden?

I read here today it was just a print out from the internet he gave over, not an actual medical certified doco

I am certain that Casselden's team, including homicide investigators, are working with several authorities in Aus and overseas to make sure they get everything they need.

I'll also go out on a limb to say they have been putting this case together for a while – far longer that 8 June 2021, when coroner/police first approached RB. Their investigation is exhaustive.

Absolutely.

However, this is the timeline that has been put together (not by me) but another member here:

ILONA AND WILLY DEPART AUSTRALIA ON THE SAME UT 2506 FLIGHT TO BELGIUM. WILLY WOUTERS HAS NO RE-ENTRY VISA AND CLAIMS HE IS DIVORCED. How could he get a divorce in such a short time?

1970-1 Ilona first child born (daughter EW/ER) in Sydney
1970-02-15
Ilona left Australia on UT2506 from Sydney to Belgium
1970-02-15 Willy Wouters departed Australia without a re-entry visa on UT2506 to Belgium, status Divorced (2)
More convictions in Belgium and France, for fraud, attempted fraud, breach of trust, impersonation. Various short prison sentences in France, the longest 4 years, most to be served concurrently.

IF ILONA HAS A NEW BABY, HOW COULD SHE HAVE MET ANOTHER MAN WITH AN ENGLISH SOUNDING NAME SO QUICKLY TO GET MARRIED AGAIN?

1970 Ilona married in Budapest Hungary to MJR (Reid)

IS MICHAEL J REID ONE OF RB'S ALIASES WHICH HE USED TO RE-ENTER AUSTRALIA TO CHANGE HIS NAME FROM WILLY WOUTERS WHO HAD A CRIMINAL RECORD?

1971-6-23 WW.Arrested Rouen, Discharged 21/5/1974

1971-12-09 Willy Wouters Rouen France, sentenced to 4 years prison for fraud, forgery, confidence tricks, giving false identity
1972-01-11 WW sentenced to one month for unsecured cheques in absentia in France.
1972-11-16 Willy Wouters Lille France, 1 years prison (concurrent with previous sentence)
1973-01-23 Willy Wouters Fraud 1 years prison (concurrent with previous sentences)

1973 Ilona second child born (son CR) in Hungary?

1974-01 Willy Wouters App Dousai "checks without cover" 1 years prison
1974-05-21 Willy Wouters discharged from prison.

He may have then re-joined Ilona in Hungary but where he was is unaccounted for. He could have gone back to Australia on a different passport using the name of Michael J Reid in 1974 or 1975

1974-1975?? Willy Wouters must have returned to Australia but no records can be found according to Immigration Dept. Were Ilona and RB ever really married? Has RB has used faked documents twice or did they really marry in Hungary? Has he got any divorce papers?

1976 Ilona arrives in Australia again and goes to St Kilda, Melbourne (implied from death certificate) Was Ilona’s surname Reid then?

1976-02-12 Willy Wouters changes name to FD de Hedervary.

This sounds more plausible! WW being MJR makes complete sense given the timelines here.

That’s the big question, lol ;)
I think he’s just got confused about the initial time he was interviewed by police in June and gave a statement, and when he wrote his statement for the inquest.
Funny how he gets confused by some questions and for other questions he’s clear as day…. IMO just another one of his tactics… !

if DDH has memory issues to the extent RB says, how can she care for him adequately ? I suspect another tall take IMO

There is a social media profile for Mrs A.F. but it doesn’t reveal much.
I did a search of that name a while back and it looks like she passed away 2019 France ( IF it is her ...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubbajax