Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was the best!! LOL

Amusing re in Australia Fred is a frog but…. She hadn’t been in Australia yet, how did she know what was what anyway?

That's the thing, I don't think anyone has found a birth certificate for him.JMO MOO
Didnt be say he had one with him today? Yet the Belgium BDM were bombed so didn’t have the registration or something? I didn’t get that bit.

With so many names, even when one is listed somewhere, it doesn’t mean that it was him physically using it at the time, presumably. For example, what name was he using while in the gendarmerie and is there pictorial evidence anywhere that it was actually him. I wonder whether the other women that gave evidence recognize him now that he’s giving evidence in person?

Ginette, Diane and Willy ‘WhoDis’, while obviously all coming from a very different perspective seem to all have the same MO for giving evidence: inability to give a straight answer, arguing with obvious truths (the childcare ad, not recognizing the picture of him, the statement date etc) and slow and meandering, irrelevant responses. Argh! Sally must want to shake the truth out of him at least.

Lies about employment, the addresses he lists on his application are the same as IK lists on her residence form as her address and her parents address in Belgium.

View digital copy
This annoyed me to doesn’t know renov pubs that is registered to the address ilona lived at! I’m sure they will come back to it

I wonder if there's any proof that it was him who was adopted by Maria and Andre. Sadly most of the people who could verify this are dead. I think there's a reasonable chance that he stole the WW identity as well.
Looking like that is a real possibility! During the war years anything was possible

I wonder if there's any proof that it was him who was adopted by Maria and Andre. Sadly most of the people who could verify this are dead. I think there's a reasonable chance that he stole the WW identity as well.
But which of them went to prison, this guy or the original WW? Maybe WW the forger sold this one his identity. Or is this his latest con, for us all to think he isn't WW?

Looking like that is a real possibility! During the war years anything was possible
Diane said that Maria Coppenolle bequeathed some shared to her children, but that they didn't get it. One way to prove that he was WW is if his children are named in that will. Unless it was just a general "grandchildren" bequeath.

I'm trying for a moment here to pretend they aren't both lying liars, but instead just old and confused. If that's the case, it seems likely to me that they did travel by ship early 1971 and their memories are off by one year. Maybe as he said, it was supposed to leave in 1970 which was why he has that year stuck in his brain. Likely DdH was so adamant about it being 1970 because he's been drilling her the past few months on what to say.

She did say he was only in Australia for a bit after meeting him before he went back overseas (to jail), which would also fit.

Hopefully we'll get to the bottom of this soon - Cassleden is clearly about to blow it up in his face about IK travelling with him in 1970. I know we can't trust a word that comes out of either of the dH's faces, but I think sometimes it might be worth considering them misremembering. Where are the incoming ship logs though for 1971? So confusing.

But which of them went to prison, this guy or the original WW? Maybe WW the forger sold this one his identity. Or is this his latest con, for us all to think he isn't WW?
I reckon he just wishes he wasn’t WW and has spent his life trying his hardest not to be..almost got there too… thank god for the inquest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95