Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it says so on her application.
Has anyone posted details of him?
I used the search bar but couldnt find anything - that means nothing though, I am not that great at finding previous posts ha!
I looked at her application in the NAA file and couldn’t see a brother mentioned.
EDIT: ah OK on p11 Report of Selection Officer Q5 it says “parents x 1 brother”. Initially I thought that said “mother”.

Last edited:
Forgive me, I may be missing something, but where does it say Ilona knew MJR from before arriving in Aus?

The timeline looks as though IK married WW, had marital relations and got pregnant.
We also don't know if the baby was born early.
Or if it was born in Jan.
We assume it would be at least two weeks old before flying, but it could've been born in Feb).

Timeline
10 May 1969 – IK WW allegedly marry in Belgium
22 May 1969 – IK arrives Aus, Sydney (single yet married and possibly pregnant?)
Jan 1970 – WW and IK have baby (1)
15 Feb 1979 – WW IK depart Aus with baby, status divorced

Another very simply theory is that IK accidentally got knocked up in Belgium as a single woman. As many women did in that unfortunate position at the time, she had to hurry and marry before she began to show. And WW came along at just the right time in her vulnerable life. But if I do the math correctly, it still seems most plausible that the baby was from matrimony to WW.

Last edited by a moderator:
At inquest, RB said he had a son (Gaetan) with first wife (Janine Leroy) but that his wife had an affair so his daughter (that he can't remember the name of) isn't his.

He told a similar story about Ilona, where she ran off with a man to Melbourne (implying the Aus baby wasn't his).

I don't know... but this theory that IK was already pregnant with MJR's child, before she married WW and moved to Aus sounds like a story that would benefit no-one but RB! Heeheehe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgive me, I may be missing something, but where does it say Ilona knew MJR from before arriving in Aus?

The timeline looks as though IK married WW, had marital relations and got pregnant.
We also don't know if the baby was born early.
Or if it was born in Jan (we assume it would be at least two weeks old before flying).

Timeline
10 May 1969 – IK WW allegedly marry in Belgium
22 May 1969 – IK arrives Aus, Sydney (single yet married and possibly pregnant?)
Jan 1970 – WW and IK have baby (1)
15 Feb 1979 – WW IK depart Aus with baby, status divorced

Yes sorry I was meaning I am still sticking with my original theory when I posted this:

"I am still sticking with she was already pregnant before she arrived and didn't know. MJR was already in the picture in Hungary" I should have said IMO.

EDIT - I personally think she is a victim in his dealings and was caught up in trusting someone that her family knew. IMO

Yes sorry I was meaning I am still sticking with my original theory when I posted this:

"I am still sticking with she was already pregnant before she arrived and didn't know. MJR was already in the picture in Hungary" I should have said IMO.

EDIT - I personally think she is a victim in his dealings and was caught up in trusting someone that her family knew. IMO
It's a great theory. But why do you think IK would pretend marry WW, instead of simply coming over with MJR? You'll need to ADD another layer of complexity for the story to be plausible. I'm here for it though. Why would she leave MJR behind and fake marry WW, then return to MJR?

But that cannot be true because IK was living in Belgium (not Hungary) before she came to Australia.

Her application says under the heading: Close relatives residing in Belgium - "Parents and brother".
So how do you know her parents are not residing in Belgium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member