Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Accor includes the Nikko Hotel in Japan - There’s also a Mercure Hotel in Tunbridge Wells (Accor) An Ibis and Novotel a Schiphol Airport, Amsterdam. Novotel at Tower Bridge, London - as further examples of MB’s locations.

They definitely keep membership records as I was a member in 1997. Since not rejoining I continue to receive calls from time to time with deals and discounts etc.

Imagine if there’s a trail?
There is a connection to the Accor chain and AH

I am not necessarily questioning "her " motives but 10 years is a very long time and she did say she didnt want too and done so to placate her lawyer boyfriend ...just odd IMo ...my post was more so about the phone number and that particular call after so long , also odd that RB kept engaging with her , no doubt to find ways to use her in some way or another obviously ..
People do seemingly strange things after being abandoned by a parent. My own mother would ask me to try and contact HER mother around Mother’s Day most years, for decades. Her mother abandoned her when my mother was only 4 yrs old. It really got to her, as you can imagine.

People do seemingly strange things after being abandoned by a parent. My own mother would ask me to try and contact HER mother around Mother’s Day most years, for decades. Her mother abandoned her when my mother was only 4 yrs old. It really got to her, as you can imagine.
Yes i can imagine , i still cant recall how and what contact number Eve was given in her first contact search for him ...and then apparently he gave her his home number after this initial connection and was it the same number ? considering how many times they moved and the amount of time in between ...i guess i find so many things odd ....as per usual with this case and its twists and turns , its history and present we have penetrated here for years ....a lot of what has been covered here is only coming out now to the public , thanks to sleuths hard work .

As an aside , the talk of MB buying school is said to be new , I am certain it was discussed here a loong time ago ...? As has almost everything else coming out now ...IMO

Yes i can imagine , i still cant recall how and what contact number Eve was given in her first contact search for him
I'm just listening to TLV episode again just to make sure I remembered correctly.

For the first contact she said she contacted the Belgian Embassy who contacted him and got his permission to give her his phone number.

Doesn't sound like something he would do but maybe he'd thought of a way he could use her, ie the Insurance scam.

I wonder re the school whether someone here thought, now what would be a tempting thing that Marion might want to do.
He may have preyed on her love of teaching, and the thought of being able to teach and not answer to someone above you at the school.

I am positive this was discussed quite awhile ago.

I wonder re the school whether someone here thought, now what would be a tempting thing that Marion might want to do.
He may have preyed on her love of teaching, and the thought of being able to teach and not answer to someone above you at the school.

The first mention of the school I could fine was by me lol

He must have also mentioned this at previous inquests as well ???

I promise I am not RB lol

1687757573601.png

Many of the newest comments on the fb page would seem to indicate it. IMO I guess it’s a pretty tricky situation and a lot of different factors to juggle and not surprising those relationships might start to fray under prolonged pressure (especially when you also factor in dealing with a commercial tv network not exactly known for its scruples).
But I think I speak for all when I say we all hate the thought of more stress and more layers of complexity for SL to juggle.
Yes I agree, the commercial networks would be calling the shots on what and how they release information and I can understand why there could be fractures.

I have so much admiration for Sally for her persistence and the fact that she has never given up. Now she has finally been heard by the media outlets she will have lost a lot of control over how the story is presented and aired and no doubt be kept in the dark which is very sad.

The amount of work done by Sally's support network and by Webslueths is absolutely bloody brilliant. The media outlets had their job done for them, easy story to cover as the majority of the research had been done and the sad thing is they are getting paid for it... (commercial breaks, advertising, all-expense paid travel to chase up leads) Unfortunately, it is a sad fact of life that if we want the story OUT THERE we have to rely on media outlets who at the end of the day are out for themselves.

Hi All,
Apologies if this has already been raised but where is all the money? Apart from the cost of his trips AKA and family did not live an extravagant life.
Is there any way of looking at his assets?

IMO a large portion of it - channeled through his 2 children with DDH via cars, homes, education, sports etc....

Also if we are to believe this man could love or care for anyone (?) then they only way I see him giving anything up is by putting pressure and the spotlight on his wife and kids

Yes it was ages ago that buying a school was discussed here.

Not just recently.

The TLV podcast Daughter episode says that next time Evelyn discovers that her father has somehow implicated her in a family debt of millions of francs. :mad:
Yes i wondered about the relevance of Evelyn being Ilona on the birth certicate ?

Or he was trawling through WS’s prior to the Inquest and thought it a grand BS story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member