Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,
Apologies if this has already been raised but where is all the money? Apart from the cost of his trips AKA and family did not live an extravagant life.
Is there any way of looking at his assets?
What name would he use for a second account, probably with credit cards and frequent flyers and Accor membership??? Maybe the multiple post boxes got those bank statements?

Imagine he had wads and wads of cash. Paid for lots of expenses with cold hard cash. Frequent Holidays, new suits, hair cuts, dentists, hotels, disguises. Swim fees and events and expenses.

Being on the invalid pension with his wife as carer they would probably keep a bank account only for pension and rent.

Hi All,
Apologies if this has already been raised but where is all the money? Apart from the cost of his trips AKA and family did not live an extravagant life.
Is there any way of looking at his assets?
always a good point , I think when he turned 65 (whatever the pension age at the time ) its possible he may have been eligible for aged pension . Under the rules a pensioner is allowed a certain amount of cash and assets the family home is not considered income , so therefor does not effect a full pension if assets are deemed within the caps that apply ...

D is much younger ?? I am not sure whether she would still be elligible to receive some carer pension as well ..anyway pensioners and disability are allowed assets , contrary to popular opinion

Edited to add

As the decades pass, the amount of time a pensioner can be out of Australia has drastically changed ....

Initially 3 months , maybe previous even longer now down to 4 to 6 weeks
due to people going back to family etc for very long periods of time and receiving pensions in both places for some .

Also could explain why RB slowed down to next to nothing overseas

Last edited:
Oh yes I believe that he got the idea from here.

I meant that we had discussed the idea here, long before he said it.

I don't think so, i can't find anything prior to my comment but I referenced it came from RB, our talk about it was about a comment he made at the inquest or was inferred to at one of the inquests.

But I agree be does get stuff from here ...

Is buying and owning schools a normal thing in Australia for people with average means?

Or was Marion persuaded that it was a normal thing in the UK? I am in the UK and I have never heard of someone owning a school. Even private schools run for profit seem to be normally owned by a corporation.

I don't think so, i can't find anything prior to my comment but I referenced it came from RB, our talk about it was about a comment he made at the inquest or was inferred to at one of the inquests.

But I agree be does get stuff from here ...
Oh sorry I misunderstood.
I thought you meant that you had come up with the idea before he said it.

Is buying and owning schools a normal thing in Australia for people with average means?

Or was Marion persuaded that it was a normal thing in the UK? I am in the UK and I have never heard of someone owning a school. Even private schools run for profit seem to be normally owned by a corporation.

we recently found schools for sale in the UK so assume it is a thing you can do.

In NZ you can own pre-schools / kindy and you could also start a school if you wanted to

The only reason I call BS on the entire ‘school purchase line’ is that MB stated on her return passenger card - Married - Home Duties - Returning to Luxembourg. Why purchase a school when she can/did (?) marry a man of means and can retire at 51 livin’ the dream?

I’ve got in my head she was conned into returning and withdrawing to go towards a mansion in LUX or he buys the mansion and MB goes halves in the purchase of their holiday house on the French Riviera.

I sense MB was drawn to his MO we already know of with the others. It clearly works. The only change he made is 6 months was too long with MB. His mistake. He cut the timeframe down to in and out with the loot as quickly as possible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member