Found Alive Australia - Mark, 51, & Jacoba Tromp, 53, Jenolan Caves, NSW, 30 Aug 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Paranoid missing dad planned to flee the country with his family"

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...n/news-story/017d3344a04a5cfabf9467f1aa38a48c

The kids must know what the parents were saying when they said they had to leave the country, or go hide out where technology could not reach them - the reason for the urgency, in their parents opinion.
It sounds to me that it is something they don't want to talk about with MSM. The police sound like they may know what it is.

The investigator confirmed there were no intruders at the farm in the lead-up to the family fleeing on Monday.
“No one was in the house,” he said.
“What we do know is their fears were not justified and there was not some stand over man intimidating them in person on Monday.”

They seem to have left so hurriedly, if keys in cars and bank cards etc were left behind.
Someone must have forced them to leave.
I think something really traumatic happened on the trip for mother and one daughter to both need hospitalisation, yet the other two seem fine.
This is interesting. But I really feel like while one or two of them could have mentally blocked out the traumatic events, at least a couple of them should be able give the authorities more information. I know some people have said that perhaps they're afraid. I suppose that makes sense. At first, I thought they did something to Mark. Now that theory is lower on my list.

It sounds to me as though the father (Mark) has been having a mental breakdown for a while without the family knowing, thinking it was just stress. His wife (Jacoba) would have noticed something was wrong - that he was changing - without actually knowing what was wrong other than stress.
Then he could have called a family meeting. Mobile phones can be very irritating when someone is trying to talk, especially when 5 or 6 people are trying to discuss something at a meeting. Mark would have been trying to move much of the responsibility off himself and onto other family members, for him the meeting would have been very serious, but if mobile phones kept ringing he could easily have lost it completely and said he was walking out.
(something along this scenario).
Jacoba sensing that Mark has a more serious problem, is going with him and asks the children to come along too and don't bring the mobile phones (as that was what set him off). Son Mitchell hides his mobile phone in his pocket. But an hour later Michell's mobile phone rings in his pocket and that sets Mark off. Mitchell has to throw his mobile phone out the window.
(I cannot think of any other reason to throw a mobile phone out the window - other than - it rang).
Mark's mental breakdown is really destroying his mind, and the children have to leave for their own sake. As has been said without their phones they cannot contact each other. I feel sorry for the whole family. Jacoba is safely in hospital, Mark needs to be found.

It seems to definitely relate to a perceived financial problem/threat.

Mitchell Tromp this morning confirmed his dad thought someone was after him and said he had never seen his parents act like this before.

“He’s scared that people are after him, he’s not in a good state of mind,” he said on The Today Show.

the Tromp family’s kitchen has been turned into a crime scene with forensic investigators analysing stacks of documents relating to the business.

They found years of financial documents strewn across the floor and passports and credit cards stacked on the benchtop.

Police do not yet know what sparked the breakdown but are certain it is linked to the piles of paper.

They also believe the family were preparing to flee the country from an “unknown threat which cannot be substantiated”.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...n/news-story/017d3344a04a5cfabf9467f1aa38a48c

Being on his own how will Mark come out of this paranoia? I hope he calls and talks to his family so he can be helped.

Also it sounds like the mother and daughter are now in the same hospital, if I read correctly.

Wow!! This is absolutely crazy. I am captivated.

Shared Delusional Schizophrenia!?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I don't understand how they can diagnose all 5 of them with Shared Delusional Schizophrenia when they haven't even found the father yet. That same article says further down they have no history of mental illness. This diagnosis seems rather quick, IMO. Shouldn't they wait for toxin screens and other tests to come back? Also, is it standard to release a medical diagnosis like that to the public? Forgive me Aussie friends, I'm from the US and they would never disclose the exact diagnosis here unless the family reveals it themselves. I'm not doubting this family is troubled, but that tidbit seems a little too sensational to believe right now.

I don't understand how they can diagnose all 5 of them with Shared Delusional Schizophrenia when they haven't even found the father yet. That same article says further down they have no history of mental illness. This diagnosis seems rather quick, IMO. Shouldn't they wait for toxin screens and other tests to come back? Also, is it standard to release a medical diagnosis like that to the public? Forgive me Aussie friends, I'm from the US and they would never disclose the exact diagnosis here unless the family reveals it themselves. I'm not doubting this family is troubled, but that tidbit seems a little too sensational to believe right now.
I'm guessing they have been previously diagnosed, and it's new information.

I don't understand how they can diagnose all 5 of them with Shared Delusional Schizophrenia when they haven't even found the father yet. That same article says further down they have no history of mental illness. This diagnosis seems rather quick, IMO. Shouldn't they wait for toxin screens and other tests to come back? Also, is it standard to release a medical diagnosis like that to the public? Forgive me Aussie friends, I'm from the US and they would never disclose the exact diagnosis here unless the family reveals it themselves. I'm not doubting this family is troubled, but that tid-bit seems a little too sensational to believe right now.

The son has revealed the father has not be mentally healthy lately. I don't think it's being sensationalised. The father has been under a lot of stress, he may have a predisposition to a delusional disorder, it's far more common than people are aware of, it's just more alarming when a spouse and children get caught up in it too. They must be an extremely close family for this to happen, imo.

Excellent map:
92b5517948152db7468439ec62bf2e53

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ter found ‘near catatonic’&itmt=1472798140596

BBM: They wouldn't do it here either. Interesting the way the article says "The Tromp family of five has been diagnosed with shared delusional schizophrenia.". Who has diagnosed that? The statement sort of sits apart, all by itself, not attributed to anyone. Is this a diagnosis by an expert who is simply reading the story as we are? Or did someone at the hospital blab, and say that is what the doctors are thinking it might be?

Having said that, I put up a post before, then took it down. It said that I wondered if this could be cult-ish. By that, I mean a different belief system that they have developed, and now it has them running in fear, catatonic, dazed .....
I guess that is probably called a shared delusional schizophrenia.

Could the shared deluded schizophrenia still be the result of some kind of poison/toxin? I'm just wondering, because for them all to suffer such strange behaviour at the same time seems to indicate that some outside stimuli is responsible.

Could the shared deluded schizophrenia still be the result of some kind of poison/toxin? I'm just wondering, because for them all to suffer such strange behaviour at the same time seems to indicate that some outside stimuli is responsible.

Maybe there can be outside stimuli. The article Morrisa just linked says this.

"There are no lab tests that specifically diagnose shared psychotic disorders. So doctors may use tools such as brain imaging (including MRI scans) and blood tests to rule out other causes.
If the doctor finds no physical reason for the symptoms, he or she might refer the person to a psychiatrist or psychologist."

It also says that it can be from living in isolation (farm) with someone who has delusions and is a dominating personality.

I am so interested in this but also feel a bit nosey, like this is their business and I'm poking my nose in. Mental health issues have so much stigma attached to them - I wonder if any of this family had felt able to reach out and get help, maybe all this could have been avoided :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back