Found Deceased Australia - Melissa Caddick, 49, Sydney, NSW, 12 Nov 2020 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Melissa Caddick is most likely dead, NSW police commissioner says

Melissa Caddick is most likely dead, NSW police commissioner says

Commissioner Fuller evidently did not watch 60 Minutes last night.

"“We are still looking for her remains and we’re still looking of (sic) where the funds may be.”

I get the vibe that he would like to see this put to bed (suicide) ASAP. But there are too many questions for that verdict to be forced at the moment. And I imagine that a coronial inquest won't happen for a year or more.

Bruce Gleeson did say that they had a long way to go, as far as retrieving the money. I would imagine that includes the trust account(s?), the share portfolio, Melissa's will disbursements.
But at least everything is frozen or caveated until Bruce can prove the links to the court and get the money released to the correct people.

As you say, if Melissa was alive she could have negotiated - as it sounds that the investors will not lose very much (I said last night that the losses could be taken as if they themselves had made poor share market investments, if they wanted to put things at rest in their own minds, which is what I would do to get mentally past this).

Not to mention the people who have stated that Melissa was not the suicidal type - both people who knew Melissa as well as trained experts.
But she would have had to pay the money back. She couldn't have kept it in her name to draw on as she chose. I think she wasn't interested in life on those terms. She wasn't running away because her problems overwhelmed her. She was saying No deal--I'm gone.

IMO.

Just one more thing that I am going to mention, re: adolescent events, the DT article about Melissa's childhood that I paraphrased some of earlier, also said this .... (paraphrased)

Princess Diana wowed Australia with a visit in 1988 ... the same year that (short and very curly-haired) Melissa started Year 12.
No Cookies | Daily Telegraph

Now, I am not sure why DT would even mention that. But along with Melissa's Miss Australia fund-raising efforts, could it be that she was star struck and wanted to be like these beautiful women? (But didn't have the money to do so.) Which, if internalised, could have also led to NPD - which we don't really know the cause of.

"Ms Caddick .... was a former Miss Australia Fundraiser."
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...en-millions-from-friends-20201127-p56ioh.html

But she would have had to pay the money back. She couldn't have kept it in her name to draw on as she chose. I think she wasn't interested in life on those terms. She wasn't running away because her problems overwhelmed her. She was saying No deal--I'm gone.

IMO.

Well, that doesn't make sense to me. "No deal. I will just die so you can still have all the money."
Melissa had too much to live for. imo

And that is not even considering that experts and friends say she was not the type to have killed herself.

Last edited:
Commissioner Fuller evidently did not watch 60 Minutes last night.

"“We are still looking for her remains and we’re still looking of (sic) where the funds may be.”

I get the vibe that he would like to see this put to bed (suicide) ASAP. But there are too many questions for that verdict to be forced at the moment. And I imagine that a coronial inquest won't happen for a year or more.
Yes I’m getting the impression he wants the case to just go away. IMO it probably is suicide but murder isn’t out of the question either.

She had very curly hair in primary school. It was natural .. whether she permed it later or not (which I haven't personally read). There are early photos and comments about it from her old school friends - one from 3rd Grade.
Maybe it was always permed. I went to school with girl who always had home perms.

Well, that doesn't make sense to me. "No deal. I will just die so you can still have all the money."
Melissa had too much to live for. imo

And that is not even considering that experts and friends say she was not the type to have killed herself.

I'm just curious SA , what type do kill themselves?

People commit suicide all the time & we often hear " they were the last person I thought would do that " etc

Unfortunately us humans are very complicated individuals & we'll never know "why" some people do the things they do ...........

From my reading . . . narcissists are a little less likely to suicide than other people. But they are much less likely to make unsuccessful attempts. Their methods are very lethal.

I couldn't see this posted in the other threads, unless I missed it.

Link to the Federal court of Australia where the ASIC orders, including the one served to Melissa, and email reminders about online court appearance, are publicly available.

ASIC v Caddick - Online file
Yes it has all been discussed at length and broken down, but sadly a lot of good sleuthing has been lost with the removal of the previous threads.... and we cant go back and refer to it.....

Melissa has been conducting fraud for a long time even outside her company. 20 years ago, she got an admin job and forged two cheques. Melissa admitted to the fund manager she had committed the forgery.

Don’t let fraud kill financial advice
I suppose, for the accountant to have picked it up, Melissa must have profited from those two fraudulent cheques? It wasn't just seeing if she could get away with it, for possible use of that information in the future? Or even, the person who should have signed wasn't available at the moment, so being young and ignorant she faked it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scomo