Found Deceased Australia - Melissa Caddick, 49, Sydney, NSW, 12 Nov 2020 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I learned from those affidavits, is... Anthony also believed the Aspen apartment was owned by Melissa, but not rented out, kept solely for their own use.. .. I was surprised by that.

And.. that the child support that Melissa received from the ex stopped instantly on Nov 12th..

somebody wasn't going to put money into a black hole, none of this wait and see...

I suppose, for the accountant to have picked it up, Melissa must have profited from those two fraudulent cheques? It wasn't just seeing if she could get away with it, for possible use of that information in the future? Or even, the person who should have signed wasn't available at the moment, so being young and ignorant she faked it?
She only had to cash them.. ( correction, she actually doesn't have to cash them to make them a forgery.. she only has to create them and make them indistinguishable from a real , signed by authority, cheque , thus forming the intention to defraud ) ... . it takes some nerve to do that way back then,.. she was, I think , quite young, going by the time line, unmarried, ..

I had toyed with the idea that she maybe suffered from a particularly vicious divorce , left with nothing and a baby to raise, which set her off, but this theory hasn't turned out to have any validity at all.

And.. that the child support that Melissa received from the ex stopped instantly on Nov 12th..

somebody wasn't going to put money into a black hole, none of this wait and see...
(Snipped) I may be wrong, but I think that's information from early December. I don't know the periodicity of the child support payment. It would be sensible under the circumstances to reconsider--or to ask the Family Court to reconsider--into which account the child support should be paid.

(Snipped) I may be wrong, but I think that's information from early December. I don't know the periodicity of the child support payment. It would be sensible under the circumstances to reconsider--or to ask the Family Court to reconsider--into which account the child support should be paid.
The thing was.... in Anthony and Adam Grimleys request of the court to up the funds being taken out of the estate, ridiculous amounts, something like $64,000.00 a month, all up, part of that was $1,500.00 per week pocket money for the kid, costs for the kid, school fees, uniform, books , etc.. .. ( The investors argued against it, one class action group did, at least, and I think the other lot did also.. and the judge refused it )

But there was child support already going to that funding.. they were asking for funding that was already being provided. Perhaps not at the rate requested, no doubt, but either way, the money wasn't going to be continued to be paid to Anthony and/or Adam Grimley, while Melissa was 'absent' . I found that intriguing.

I'm just curious SA , what type do kill themselves?

People commit suicide all the time & we often hear " they were the last person I thought would do that " etc

Unfortunately us humans are very complicated individuals & we'll never know "why" some people do the things they do ...........

You would have to ask the experts that, the ones who say she wasn't the type.

But I do know that the incidence of suicide in Australia is extremely low at .0006%. That means very, very few people kill themselves - no matter what a crapola kind of time they may be having.
It involves three times as many males as females.
For middle aged women - the rate is even more incredibly low.
And having a minor child reduces the risk even further.

Suicide in Australia.

The ABS is a good place to start to look at the actual demographic.

And if you want to look at the rate of domestic violence in Australia .... 16-34% of people have experienced it (depending on which source you want to read).

So, statistically ... the chances of Melissa committing suicide as opposed to being harmed by a known person is massively different.

And that is without even considering her 'type' or the fact that there are many, many fraudsters sitting in minimum security jail, or having been slapped on the hand by ASIC and other authorities around the world.

Family, domestic and sexual violence in Australia, 2018, Summary - Australian Institute of Health and Welfare
Quick facts

You would have to ask the experts that, the ones who say she wasn't the type.

But I do know that the incidence of suicide in Australia is extremely low at .0006%. That means very, very few people kill themselves - no matter what a crapola kind of time they may be having.
It involves three times as many males as females.
For middle aged women - the rate is even more incredibly low.
And having a minor child reduces the risk even further.

Suicide in Australia.

The ABS is a good place to start to look at the actual demographic.

Thanks SA :)

Maybe my view is skewed abit working in Emergency Medicine where we see attempted suicides alot , heaps of suicidal ideation & successful suicides less often ( but we hear from ambos & cops the ones who don't make it to us ) . There are way too many......

Our mental health presentations have sky rocketed the past few years ( alot drug & ETOH related thou ) and they are getting younger & younger. Not uncommon for kids 10, 11, 12. 13 wanting to kill themselves ( thankfully they usually don't succeed because they don't know how or have access to the means to do it )

Mental Health is a pretty big passion of mine, it is the most under funded, under resourced field out there IMO...........

Interestingly the only 2 pts that self harmed in my care were both females ( hangings ) both shower hoses........I still see their faces to this day.........:(

Causes of Death, Australia, 2019

And if you want to look at the rate of domestic violence in Australia .... 16-34% of people have experienced it (depending on which source you want to read).

So, statistically ... the chances of Melissa committing suicide as opposed to being harmed by a known person is massively different.

And that is without even considering her 'type' or the fact that there are many, many fraudsters sitting in minimum security jail, or having been slapped on the hand by ASIC and other authorities around the world.

Family, domestic and sexual violence in Australia, 2018, Summary - Australian Institute of Health and Welfare
Quick facts

Yes I get that...........

I'd say that DV stat is way less than it is in reality, it still so much unreported :(

Maybe my view is skewed abit working in Emergency Medicine where we see attempted suicides alot , heaps of suicidal ideation & successful suicides less often ( but we hear from ambos & cops the ones who don't make it to us ) . There are way too many......

Our mental health presentations have sky rocketed the past few years ( alot drug & ETOH related thou ) and they are getting younger & younger. Not uncommon for kids 10, 11, 12. 13 wanting to kill themselves ( thankfully they usually don't succeed because they don't know how or have access to the means to do it )

Mental Health is a pretty big passion of mine, it is the most under funded, under resourced field out there IMO...........

Interestingly the only 2 pts that self harmed in my care were both females ( hangings ) both shower hoses........I still see their faces to this day.........:(

Working in Emergency may have some bearing on your outlook. You see horrible situations.
Just as my DD is very focussed on caring for our eyes, because she stands in eye theatre all the time and sees what has happened to some people ... when they have been bashed over the head with a metal pole, or have been in a terrible car crash.

But statistically the chance of Melissa harming herself is extremely low. It doesn't mean that it didn't happen, but - to me - it is more likely that it didn't happen than it did.
Especially considering that there is absolutely no sighting of her on CCTV or by any joggers/walkers (yes, I know, Mick Willing says there is some way she could have got to those clifftops without being seen on CCTV). And the obvious concern of DI Atkins who is/was on the case.

Last edited:
The thing was.... in Anthony and Adam Grimleys request of the court to up the funds being taken out of the estate, ridiculous amounts, something like $64,000.00 a month, all up, part of that was $1,500.00 per week pocket money for the kid, costs for the kid, school fees, uniform, books , etc.. .. ( The investors argued against it, one class action group did, at least, and I think the other lot did also.. and the judge refused it )

But there was child support already going to that funding.. they were asking for funding that was already being provided. Perhaps not at the rate requested, no doubt, but either way, the money wasn't going to be continued to be paid to Anthony and/or Adam Grimley, while Melissa was 'absent' . I found that intriguing.
Just on the detail . . . I think you're wrong about expenses for the kid. In AG's affidavit of 8 December, he details expenses for the kid in the amount of $15,000 per quarter, of which $10,000 were school fees, leaving something under $400 per week. Most of this is medical expenses. There is no mention in the itemization of pocket money. https://www.fedcourt.gov.au/__data/...Adam-Edward-Grimley-sworn-8-December-2020.pdf

Agree Doc ..... the worst I have seen in ED is an 8y/o that hung himself with the intention of killing himself..... it still haunts me to this day .... we were able to successfully resuscitate him and with a good outcome eventually....

It is often the ones you least suspect, that suicide ..... successfully too ...

Suicide also seems to have geographical / cultural norm pockets in the country too ..... Where I live and work has a very high youth and high indigenous suicide rate .... we haven't worked out how to curb it yet... but Mental Health resources are very underfunded etc as you say .... and its very sad....

Quick facts
Hold on. You're comparing the number of suicides in one year with the number of DV victims over their whole life so far.

Hold on. You're comparing the number of suicides in one year with the number of DV victims over their whole life so far.

I haven't dug very deep, and don't intend to. I have looked closely at suicide statistics... which could also be considered over a person's whole life, seeing that they only get to do it (successfully) once.
Melissa doesn't fit. As I said, maybe she did make that leap, but it is a miniscule chance that happened.

Last edited:
I haven't dug very deep, and don't intend to. I have looked closely at suicide statistics... which could also be considered over a person's whole life, seeing that they only get to do it (successfully) once.
Melissa doesn't fit. As I said, maybe she did make that leap, but it is a miniscule chance that happened.
No, because the remaining 99.99whatever% that didn't suicide in 2016 didn't all die of other causes. Most of them didn't die. I can't actually infer from that statistic (0.0006%) that suicide isn't the most common, the most probable, cause of death. (It isn't.) I think you need to ask, given that Melissa is dead, is suicide or murder more likely? According to this not-ideal source, neither are among the top ten causes of death in women, but suicide does make it into the top ten for men. What are the leading causes of death in Australia? | ANZ

What I learned from those affidavits, is... Anthony also believed the Aspen apartment was owned by Melissa, but not rented out, kept solely for their own use.. .. I was surprised by that.

Assuming it was paid monthly you wouldn’t be paying it on the 12th December if MC hadn’t turned up IMO.

I suspect it hasn’t been paid since November.

Assuming it was paid monthly you wouldn’t be paying it on the 12th December if MC hadn’t turned up IMO.

I suspect it hasn’t been paid since November.

Would that be because her accounts were frozen? No money out no money in type of thing? I doubt that Child Support could be stopped because she was missing, the child still needs that support.

Apologies if this has been discussed previously but this caught my attention & I thought it was worth looking into.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...and-the-missing-millions-20201225-p56q5b.html

Basically the bit I’m interested in is AG making 2 payments to MC & recording the payments as rent.
“What neither Mr Grimley nor his friend knew that afternoon was that both of them were victims of Melissa Caddick’s astonishing deception. They would soon find out she had stolen many millions of dollars from those closest to her.

Ms Caddick’s financial records, which were tendered in court, show Mr Grimley paid sums of $114,000 and $23,650 into his sister’s accounts. The payments are recorded as rent. Mr Grimley had been working as a consultant in Singapore in recent years but had returned to Australia earlier this year to have a medical procedure. Because of COVID-19 he was unable to return and was staying with his parents at an Edgecliff penthouse Ms Caddick bought for $2.55 million in 2016.”

Would be interested to know when these payments were made? Also was purely to pay rent, for tax minimisation purposes or something else?

Would that be because her accounts were frozen? No money out no money in type of thing? I doubt that Child Support could be stopped because she was missing, the child still needs that support.

And if it is done by auto pay deduction, the notices from Child Support to stop/change payments would never happen that quickly.

The money would be bounced back to CSA for them to redistribute.

I am aware that CSA reconcile client accounts monthly (to ensure all payments have been received by CSA) so perhaps the payments to the child are made monthly.

Apologies if this has been discussed previously but this caught my attention & I thought it was worth looking into.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...and-the-missing-millions-20201225-p56q5b.html

Basically the bit I’m interested in is AG making 2 payments to MC & recording the payments as rent.
“What neither Mr Grimley nor his friend knew that afternoon was that both of them were victims of Melissa Caddick’s astonishing deception. They would soon find out she had stolen many millions of dollars from those closest to her.

Ms Caddick’s financial records, which were tendered in court, show Mr Grimley paid sums of $114,000 and $23,650 into his sister’s accounts. The payments are recorded as rent. Mr Grimley had been working as a consultant in Singapore in recent years but had returned to Australia earlier this year to have a medical procedure. Because of COVID-19 he was unable to return and was staying with his parents at an Edgecliff penthouse Ms Caddick bought for $2.55 million in 2016.”

Would be interested to know when these payments were made? Also was purely to pay rent, for tax minimisation purposes or something else?

Is that the $150,000 ish that AG gave for mortgage payments? Sounds like it could be. Very similar figure when totalled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMpavashootski