Found Deceased Australia - Melissa Caddick, 49, Sydney, NSW, 12 Nov 2020 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a pic of first husband.
upload_2021-12-19_21-56-51.jpeg
Pictured: Melissa Caddick with her first husband Tony Caddick (pictured right) - they had a child together who was living with Ms Caddick when she disappeared

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10319891/Underbelly-Vanishing-Act-begins-filming-Sydney-Kate-Atkinson-plays-conwoman-Melissa-Caddick.html#comments

MC’s parents are fighting for a property that was purchased and maintained with investor funds....okay the parents state that they contributed but that was after it was purchased....and I reiterate WITH INVESTOR FUNDS!

Whereas many of the investors have lost everything having invested years before the purchase of the apartment...that is why they (the Investors) are also fighting for the apartment to be sold and for them to possibly get something back of their investments!

MC’s parents are fighting for a property that was purchased and maintained with investor funds....okay the parents state that they contributed but that was after it was purchased....and I reiterate WITH INVESTOR FUNDS!

Whereas many of the investors have lost everything having invested years before the purchase of the apartment...that is why they (the Investors) are also fighting for the apartment to be sold and for them to possibly get something back of their investments!

Caddick, the thief, treated all money received as hers, including it seems that received from her parents. IMO, therefore, her parents are in the same boat as the investors -- having lost probably everything.

I'm waiting to hear that the Edgecliff apartment has been listed for sale and that the parents have had to move out.

Latest media article I could find but it is paywalled as I have had my free access already.

Melissa Caddick receivers call for asset claims as they try to get grip on missing adviser’s millions

Receivers try to get hold of missing Caddick's millions

BBM That is a very important point.

MC had already purchased the apartment BEFORE the parents' house was sold or perhaps even listed for sale. So how could they have contributed?

BBM That is a very important point.

MC had already purchased the apartment BEFORE the parents' house was sold or perhaps even listed for sale. So how could they have contributed?
AND.... the family have been living in the properties at NO COST for the last year....where is the fairness in the situation?
The investors have lost everything whilst the family continue to reap the benefits of MC’s theft of the investors funds...and now the parents are fighting for the apartment because they contributed ...albeit after MC purchased it...the question to be asked is why did the parents give MC the funds after they sold their property...why didn’t they just put it on the mortgage... then they would proof of contribution .... was it done this way so that the parents could get the pension? Just asking the question!

AND.... the family have been living in the properties at NO COST for the last year....where is the fairness in the situation?
The investors have lost everything whilst the family continue to reap the benefits of MC’s theft of the investors funds...and now the parents are fighting for the apartment because they contributed ...albeit after MC purchased it...the question to be asked is why did the parents give MC the funds after they sold their property...why didn’t they just put it on the mortgage... then they would proof of contribution .... was it done this way so that the parents could get the pension? Just asking the question!

BBM That is the usual motivation. But also this way MC's brother missed out on his share of the eventual inheritance.

the question to be asked is why did the parents give MC the funds after they sold their property...why didn’t they just put it on the mortgage... then they would proof of contribution .... was it done this way so that the parents could get the pension? Just asking the question!

My guess is that they were conned by MC, just like the rest of her victims were.

Ms Caddicks’ parents had argued that they should be given priority over other investors as they had given their daughter $1.1 million to own a third of an Edgecliff penthouse she bought in 2016. They also produced a written agreement that they could live there rent-free for the rest of their lives.

However, the court-appointed liquidator Bruce Gleeson, from Jones Partners, gave evidence that their money was spent on a diamond ring and living expenses.

In November 2016, Ms Caddick wrote out a cheque to Sotheby’s for $255,000 - being the 10 per cent deposit of the $2.55 million purchase price of the apartment. Mr Gleeson said the money came from funds misappropriated from Ms Caddick’s investors.

Stolen funds were also used for the settlement on the property and for payments on the interest-only loan.

Ms Caddick’s parents gave $1.1 million in proceeds from the sale of their Connells Point home to their daughter in April 2017. “The Edgecliff property was purchased by Ms Caddick before the Connells Point property was sold. Therefore, Ms Caddick’s parents did not contribute to the purchase price for the Edgecliff property,” Mr Gleeson submitted to the court.

The judge said that before the possession and sale of the Edgecliff property occurs, Mr Gleeson has to approach the court for directions.

Melissa Caddick’s family issued notices foreshadowing sale of cars, jewellery and properties

Ms Caddicks’ parents had argued that they should be given priority over other investors as they had given their daughter $1.1 million to own a third of an Edgecliff penthouse she bought in 2016. They also produced a written agreement that they could live there rent-free for the rest of their lives.

However, the court-appointed liquidator Bruce Gleeson, from Jones Partners, gave evidence that their money was spent on a diamond ring and living expenses.

In November 2016, Ms Caddick wrote out a cheque to Sotheby’s for $255,000 - being the 10 per cent deposit of the $2.55 million purchase price of the apartment. Mr Gleeson said the money came from funds misappropriated from Ms Caddick’s investors.

Stolen funds were also used for the settlement on the property and for payments on the interest-only loan.

Ms Caddick’s parents gave $1.1 million in proceeds from the sale of their Connells Point home to their daughter in April 2017. “The Edgecliff property was purchased by Ms Caddick before the Connells Point property was sold. Therefore, Ms Caddick’s parents did not contribute to the purchase price for the Edgecliff property,” Mr Gleeson submitted to the court.

The judge said that before the possession and sale of the Edgecliff property occurs, Mr Gleeson has to approach the court for directions.

Melissa Caddick’s family issued notices foreshadowing sale of cars, jewellery and properties
So MC purchased the apartment BEFORE the parents invested any funds...again my question is why didn’t they pay their $1.1million directly onto the mortgage....why was it given to MC and not the bank?

What Mr Gleeson (the liquidator) has identified is that MC paid the deposit and mortgage payments from misappropriated investor funds.....and that months after the purchase of the apartment the funds her parents gave her from the sale of their house she used on jewellery...so any claim the parent have should be worked out like all the other Investors....so the parents should just get into the queue!

So MC purchased the apartment BEFORE the parents invested any funds...again my question is why didn’t they pay their $1.1million directly onto the mortgage....why was it given to MC and not the bank?

What Mr Gleeson (the liquidator) has identified is that MC paid the deposit and mortgage payments from misappropriated investor funds.....and that months after the purchase of the apartment the funds her parents gave her from the sale of their house she used on jewellery...so any claim the parent have should be worked out like all the other Investors....so the parents should just get into the queue!
I guess the storyline goes something like, instead of downsizing after the sale and using remainder funds for living expenses of a modest lifestyle, the G's thought MC gave them a much better deal.. Upsizing to a luxury penthouse of "hers", then investing whole of the sale proceeds into "super" - run by MC. So of course the penthouse mortgage was not any of the G's concern.

For MC it's the perfect con job.

For the parents their greed was the cause of their misery now.

MOO

From above link:

November 2016: MC paid $255,000 10% deposit of $2.55m purchase price apartment and exchanged contracts.
December 2016: IIRC the sale went through.
April 2017: MC’s parents gave $1.1 million in proceeds from sale of Connells Point home to MC.

So MC could have taken up to six months to convince her parents to sell their house and give the proceeds to her.
I doubt whether they already had their house on the market when MC bought Edgecliff.
This way she cut her parents out of owning a third of this property and effectively cut Adam out of his inheritance and promised him the Aspen apartment which did not exist.

IMO Motive to initially hide MC then eventually to murder her once the truth was known?

For MC it's the perfect con job.

For the parents their greed was the cause of their misery now.

MOO

Given the utter surprise that everyone has expressed when they discovered that MC was a thief -- that is everyone other than I guess the former boss who sacked her for forging cheques -- I'm willing to allow that her parents were sucked in by her apparent "success" and were talked into handing over their funds to her for "management".

Given the utter surprise that everyone has expressed when they discovered that MC was a thief -- that is everyone other than I guess the former boss who sacked her for forging cheques -- I'm willing to allow that her parents were sucked in by her apparent "success" and were talked into handing over their funds to her for "management".
I have no doubt that MC was very convincing selling the "get rich" dream to all her victims.

I wonder if she secretly enjoyed making up those Comsec statements every month?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry