Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Melissa Caddick’s assets to be sold, investors to recoup some losses

Among the assets to be sold are Ms Caddick’s Dover Heights home, which she purchased in 2014 for $6.2 million using money stolen from her clients. Her brother Adam, who is listed as 1 per cent owner on the title, has indicated he does not intend to make a claim.

Ms Caddick’s husband, Anthony Koletti, who is still occupying the Wallangra Road home, will be served with a notice to quit.

More problematic is a penthouse apartment in Edgecliff that is home to Ms Caddick’s parents, Barbara and Ted Grimley, who are in their 80s.

[..]

The effect of the court order means that, after receiving the liquidators’ notice to quit, the Grimleys will have 15 days to lodge an objection and the matter may return to court.

Things go slowly.. slowly.. grinding away, chipping away, little bits here and there dropping off .....

Looks to me like the investors got their way, and the mum and dad, and bro and of course , Antony, are in the unenviable position of having to prove their case..

Also looks to me like the elder Mum and Dad don't have the paperwork about that $ 1 or $2 million they gave to Melissa for 'minding'.. ... what a shame. Tsk . Also.. seems to be a dispute about them chipping in the million for the apartment. Oh well. If they had the paperwork they wouldn't be in receipt of a notice to quit. .

And Antony and the dogs , out., .. well.. he had a good run, even for Sydney, he managed to scam it out for nearly a year.

And really, no one got any justice, not even the dogs. No one got their money back, and that's how it goes when you gamble and call it 'investing'... The investors will get about 2 cents in the dollar once the Receiver is paid , the Collector is paid, the Class Action solicitor is paid, the interest due on the mortgages while the properties remain unsold. ..

And let us not forget those ominous black suited tough young men in attendance from the ATO, sitting quietly up the back of the court taking copious notes.. they will be taking the cream off the top of any money before it goes within a cooee of those unfortunate investors..

Also looks to me like the elder Mum and Dad don't have the paperwork about that $ 1 or $2 million they gave to Melissa for 'minding'.. ... what a shame. Tsk . Also.. seems to be a dispute about them chipping in the million for the apartment. Oh well. If they had the paperwork they wouldn't be in receipt of a notice to quit. .

You'd think that her parents would have bank transaction data to support their claim -- unless maybe it was money that MC was already holding for them from some other thing.

And Antony and the dogs , out., .. well.. he had a good run, even for Sydney, he managed to scam it out for nearly a year.

I'm happy to house the dogs. He can go get a job.

And really, no one got any justice, not even the dogs. No one got their money back, and that's how it goes when you gamble and call it 'investing'... The investors will get about 2 cents in the dollar once the Receiver is paid , the Collector is paid, the Class Action solicitor is paid, the interest due on the mortgages while the properties remain unsold. ..

I can't but think of how all of this may well have been avoided had her earlier employer insisted that she be charged for writing those bogus cheques.

There must be some kind of paper trail IF the parents chipped in!!!
Not saying they didn’t but surely they didn’t hand over a paper bag of cash
Yes, a cheque written out to MC, they'd have written what the amount was for on the butt, surely? A million dollar cheque! :eek: Or, several cheques over a short period of time?

Unless, the parents had a million removed from their super fund/bank account and deposited it directly into MC's or her company's account, which is pretty silly because it's not proof the parents invested in the apartment, only that they gave her the money.
Seems strange because her brother has 1% investment in the house, I assume he has documents to prove it, but the parent's didn't receive the same consideration? I read he's relinquishing his share to the shareholders/ATO. :cool:
JMO

Yes, a cheque written out to MC, they'd have written what the amount was for on the butt, surely? A million dollar cheque! :eek: Or, several cheques over a short period of time?

Unless, the parents had a million removed from their super fund/bank account and deposited it directly into MC's or her company's account, which is pretty silly because it's not proof the parents invested in the apartment, only that they gave her the money.
Seems strange because her brother has 1% investment in the house, I assume he has documents to prove it, but the parent's didn't receive the same consideration? I read he's relinquishing his share to the shareholders/ATO. :cool:
JMO
Yes very odd there is Nothing in regards to the parents ‘investment’ in Edgecliff, she made provisions ie the brothers 1p/c Dover and the ski chalet!!!!
She had life insurance….
If you were the parents you would want something in writing ✍

It can be revealed that missing conwoman Melissa Caddick bought a diamond ring with the money her parents gave her to buy them an apartment.

Conwoman Melissa Caddick bought herself a diamond ring with the $1,154,000 her parents gave her to buy them a home and told one of her trusting investors that her dog had eaten their cheque, the Federal Court has revealed.

One investor, Sue Coetzee, had given Caddick a $450,000 cheque correctly made out to CommSec for Caddick to invest the funds but the fraudster had to cover up the fact that she had no legitimate CommSec account - so she told Ms Coetzee that her dog had eaten the cheque.

“Sue, I am very sorry but my dog has somehow gotten a hold of the cheque you gave and chewed it up, I won’t be able to deposit it,” Caddick told her in July 2019.

She asked Ms Coetzee to write out another cheque payable to Maliver.

No Cookies | Daily Telegraph

There must be some kind of paper trail IF the parents chipped in!!!
Not saying they didn’t but surely they didn’t hand over a paper bag of cash
;);)....nooooo.. surely not!!... but wait.. why can't they produce the paper to the court??.. let's face it, if you made that kind of fiscal transaction, even with your daughter, particularly with your daughter to protect her, as well as yourself, you'd have a neat and easily accessible folder with all the relevant guff in it, notarised, in alphabetical order, and sealed with a sweet pink ribbon.

There is something so odd about all this particular aspect, the Edgecliff apartment. The brother thought he had a stake in it, he also thought he was to inherit 'the Aspen Apartment' ( this was only rented, but he believed right up until they found the foot ( sorry, ). that the apartment was his to swan around in ) .. There doesn't seem to be anything in trust for the grandson. Melissa's son, Cranbrook Boy. The apple of everyone's eye...

I'd like to think the good people of Dover Heights, pillars of society, leaders of fashion, 'forward thinkers'.. would chip in for a nicely situated kennel for the dogs, somewhere around Vaucluse, or Watson's Bay..

It can be revealed that missing conwoman Melissa Caddick bought a diamond ring with the money her parents gave her to buy them an apartment.

Conwoman Melissa Caddick bought herself a diamond ring with the $1,154,000 her parents gave her to buy them a home and told one of her trusting investors that her dog had eaten their cheque, the Federal Court has revealed.

One investor, Sue Coetzee, had given Caddick a $450,000 cheque correctly made out to CommSec for Caddick to invest the funds but the fraudster had to cover up the fact that she had no legitimate CommSec account - so she told Ms Coetzee that her dog had eaten the cheque.

“Sue, I am very sorry but my dog has somehow gotten a hold of the cheque you gave and chewed it up, I won’t be able to deposit it,” Caddick told her in July 2019.

She asked Ms Coetzee to write out another cheque payable to Maliver.

No Cookies | Daily Telegraph
SMH's report is a bit different regarding what MC did with the funds for the Edgecliff apartment
Sydney Morning Herald: Melissa Caddick's family issued notices foreshadowing sale of cars, jewellery and properties. https://www.smh.com.au/national/melissa-caddick-s-family-issued-notices-foreshadowing-sale-of-cars-jewellery-and-properties-20211124-p59buw.html

In November 2016, Ms Caddick wrote out a cheque to Sotheby’s for $255,000 - being the 10 per cent deposit of the $2.55 million purchase price of the apartment. Mr Gleeson said the money came from funds misappropriated from Ms Caddick’s investors.

Stolen funds were also used for the settlement on the property and for payments on the interest-only loan.

[..]

...Therefore, Ms Caddick’s parents did not contribute to the purchase price for the Edgecliff property,” Mr Gleeson submitted to the court.

Melissa Caddick's life of fraud rorting parents out of $1MILLION for Edgecliff penthouse in Sydney | Daily Mail Online

The outrageous lies of Sydney conwoman Melissa Caddick have been exposed as details emerge of her shameless deception of even her own parents to pay for her luxury lifestyle.

Her mother and father gave her $1.154million towards a new penthouse flat they thought would be theirs for life - but Caddick spent the cash on a diamond ring.

Caddick also told one investor the dog had eaten her cheque and she needed a new one made out to a different name - because the original would have exposed her scam.

Melissa Caddick's life of fraud rorting parents out of $1MILLION for Edgecliff penthouse in Sydney | Daily Mail Online

The outrageous lies of Sydney conwoman Melissa Caddick have been exposed as details emerge of her shameless deception of even her own parents to pay for her luxury lifestyle.

Her mother and father gave her $1.154million towards a new penthouse flat they thought would be theirs for life - but Caddick spent the cash on a diamond ring.

Caddick also told one investor the dog had eaten her cheque and she needed a new one made out to a different name - because the original would have exposed her scam.

I used to wonder how a person could become such a major crim -- seemingly out of the blue -- without the usual background of deception, and without people who knew her saying that they are not surprised to learn that she was a major con woman.

Then I read that she had forged cheques while working at a company when she was in her twenties.

The great pity for her victims is that her then boss didn't choose have her charged and convicted of that.

This is from 7News.com.au from earlier in the year.

It is the first time that a Criminal Psychologist has come out and stated why he thinks MC was murdered. I am hoping now that LE will do proper searches of the house and cars and investigate whether she was murdered or not.

Criminal psychologist claims Melissa Caddick was murdered

Criminal psychologist claims Melissa Caddick was murdered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members