GUILTY Australia - Morgan Huxley, 31, stabbed to death, Neutral Bay, NSW, 8 Sept 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doc Watson - just bouncing off SA's post above.. Could there have been a way to tell from the blood evidence that Morgan had been attacked prior to the eleven minutes between JR leaving her ride home and the 000 call?

It depends not so much on the time in that 11 minutes - more on the time before the forensic team arrived. When blood is first spilled, it clots, and the first hour or so can be estimated, depending on such things as whether or not the victim is on any anticoagulants, including aspirin, warfarin (coumadin for our American friends), etc etc. but assuming that Morgan wasn't on anything like that, or some other "natural" herbal stuff that can have similar effects (eg St John's Wort, ginkgo biloba, and even ginger), then once the blood has clotted, there is no reliable way of "aging" the blood. Certainly not to a narrow time frame.

We saw this in the Baden-Clay case, with the blood stains in the back of the car - there is no way to tell if that was just a couple of hours old, or weeks old.

So if the blood was still liquid or semi-liquid when the police and forensics team arrived, then the bleeding would have to have been very recent. the blood would still be almost warm. But if the team weren't on the scene until an hour or two later, then it would be almost impossible to put the attack into a time frame with any accuracy. And of course, the "body" wasn't there in situ - he had been taken to hospital. And the time of death would have been accurately reported from the paramedics and the hospital, as THAT is where he died - not at the flat.

So we have, in this case, a known time of death, but NOT a definite known time of attack. Unless the police have other information that tells them that.

Oh interesting. I just googled - in one of the episodes someone is stabbed in the back, then brought back to life.

when Ava and Andy are alone together, she lets the Acheri demon into the building, and uses a new ability to command it to kill him. After revealing to Sam that she has actually been in the town all the months she has been missing, killing off other psychic children that Azazel has sent there, she sets the Acheri demon on him. However, Jake sneaks up behind her and uses his superhuman strength to break her neck, prompting the now free Acheri demon to flee. As Sam and Jake then start to leave the town, Jake attacks him out of distrust, but Sam gains the upper hand and apparently knocks him unconscious. However, as Sam is distracted by an arriving Dean and Bobby, Jake regains consciousness and fatally stabs him. Dean assures his brother that he will take care of him, but Sam dies in his arms.
Probably nothing but who knows. Like I said, I've never watched it so I wouldn't have a clue if it could be significant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Hell_Breaks_Loose_(Supernatural)

I have also been thinking someone at the pizza shop or somewhere in those shops could have let slip to DJK that police were showing the CCTV images around and that's made him need to explain himself.

I've no doubt he felt some kind of huge pressure and fear of being caught, and thought it would do him good to come forward first to cover his butt..

WRONG. :propeller:

PS: Thanks Doc!!!! :)

Just digging a bit more through the little bits of his online life that haven't disappeared and it sounds like he is a pretty big fan of the TV show Supernatural. I've never watched it. Are there violent themes in it? Any recent episodes that had a murder?

I am a huge fan of supernatural myself. There's nothing in that show that I would imagine could relate...he prob watched it because of the hot male stars of the show

I've no doubt he felt some kind of huge pressure and fear of being caught, and thought it would do him good to come forward first to cover his butt..

You're Welcome Ausgirl. And I'll resist the very strong temptation to make a smart comment about "covering his butt'.... :blushing:

I have also been thinking someone at the pizza shop or somewhere in those shops could have let slip to DJK that police were showing the CCTV images around and that's made him need to explain himself.

WRONG. :propeller:

Good point!

I'd be quite sure that there was lots of local chatter and if he was a regular at these shops and had built up a rapport with the staff he could well have gone in and said something like 'hey how about that murder, pretty scarey huh, what have you heard?'.

He quite possibly had heard a lot of the local gossip.

BIG THANKS to marly, and all the mods .... we sure are keeping you busy! :blowkiss:

Such a controversial and puzzling case!

:tyou:

Amazing that he contacted police. Maybe he wanted to make sure he was the centre of this story. All the discussions locally and in MSM about Morgan and the ladies may have really got under his skin. If he is delusional, the fact that Morgan was portrayed as something different to what he wanted may have brought him out of hiding.

If fantasy was governing his reality, he may not have seen the consequences of contacting police. He may have felt more in control that he really was - that he could insert himself in the story without any recourse.

I like the drip-fed info we're getting from MSM, but wish there was lots more!

I like the drip-fed info we're getting from MSM, but wish there was lots more!

Good thoughts, SW. ^ As for the drip-feed, gotta wonder how happy the police are about that.. Maybe NSW has a way less tough stance on MSM/murder trials than Victoria?

Seems this 'police source' is dropping these crumbs.. surely not without sanction? (imagine how the manure would've hit the windmill if this happened in the Jill Meagher case)

Have been pondering a few things with these few more snippets of info in the media the past couple of days.

I still think DJK killed him, despite what he has told police. Thinking more about the knife, and as discussions have been about a relatively short knife, perhaps it was some sort of pocket knife that MH had in his bedroom, working in marine with ropes etc it's quite possible a pocket knife may have just been laying around, which goes back to my original thinking that he had never intended to kill, but something happened after spending their time together that set him off. His satchel may just have been his bag with books, iPod etc, no knifes at all.

Much discussion has been had about DJK and whether he was working or not. He may have in fact done a short cooking class at the cooking school, and was currently working as a kitchen hand elsewhere but had not updated his profile. I can understand why no one would come forward saying they employed him. There are a number of restaurants/cafés along Military Rd right up through into Cremorne and Mosman, that are open quiet late, he may have in fact been working that night, <modsnip>

MH was caught by surprise by time he realised what was going on he was too incapacitated to fight back.

There's conflicting reports whether his flat mate was in fact home at the time, or if she arrived home shortly before finding MH. The scenario where DJK was raping MH I find hard to believe if she was in fact home. It's a long time of almost 1 and a half hours where I find it hard to believe that MH wouldn't have made a struggle or attempted to alert her in someway. But if she wasn't home then it's still a possibility I guess, but less likely in my mind. It seems like a long time to rape and murder.

Could be that the murder took place -because- JR came home... DJK's realised someone else lives there, and/or was suddenly worried that Morgan might remember something and tell somebody/call the police...

eta: kind of goes with his impulsive and not very well thought-out plan to call the police and explain why he was on the CCTV/in the apartment.

Making a note here. JR has been cleared of any involvement in her flatmate & friend's death. She is not up for discussion as being a suspect in any way. Any posts that go there will be removed.

September 20, 2013

Ms Redmond has also been cleared of any involvement in her flatmate and friend's death, with police confirming her whereabouts before she arrived home.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-stabbing-victim/story-fni0cx12-1226723178917

Marly .. can we also edit the tags, there are a few names down there that have also been cleared ..

Have been pondering a few things with these few more snippets of info in the media the past couple of days.

I still think DJK killed him, despite what he has told police. Thinking more about the knife, and as discussions have been about a relatively short knife, perhaps it was some sort of pocket knife that MH had in his bedroom, working in marine with ropes etc it's quite possible a pocket knife may have just been laying around, which goes back to my original thinking that he had never intended to kill, but something happened after spending their time together that set him off. His satchel may just have been his bag with books, iPod etc, no knifes at all.
I think a 'leatherman' or similar would be possible. They are such a handy tool, all the guys in my family have one and I know my brother always has his on him, it would be likely that MH had one or similar because of his line of work.
Good point AJM

I just had a thought...

I apologize in advance if this post falls at an awkward place (I am about one page behind y'all)...

In the book/series DJK is/was reading... Is the protagonist considered a hero?:hero:

We have touched on the subject that DJK may have been identifying with and /or emulating the main character...

DJK has a younger sister... And I recognize we can not sleuth her...

but could MH have dated her and broke her heart at some time?

could DJK have observed MH's keeping company with some ladies... And become enraged ... So much so that he would take vengeance on MH?

Was he trying to be a "hero" for his sister?

Just a thought...

A thought about MH being in a condition where it appears he did not struggle /defend himself...

could his neck have been broken some time before the stabbing... Thus rendering him paralyzed?

Yet... The information has not been provided to MSM?

:dunno:

Much discussion has been had about DJK and whether he was working or not. He may have in fact done a short cooking class at the cooking school, and was currently working as a kitchen hand elsewhere but had not updated his profile. I can understand why no one would come forward saying they employed him. There are a number of restaurants/cafés along Military Rd right up through into Cremorne and Mosman, that are open quiet late, he may have in fact been working that night

Hi AJM. Thing is, DJK specifically told people he worked at the cooking school, that's been reported in direct quotes, in msm. So he's hanging out in all these different shops every day, complaining about his long shifts at the school, carrying what he describes as his "chef's kit".... while the school says he has never worked there in any way.

I think it would not be too hard to find out if he did indeed work there. If he worked in the kitchen -somebody- presently working there, or who used to work there, would surely remember him.

eta: if he wasn't working there... I gotta wonder if it was a convenient excuse to be hanging around those shops every day. No-one would question the constant presence of a person who seems to work right next door.

A thought about MH being in a condition where it appears he did not struggle /defend himself...

could his neck have been broken some time before the stabbing... Thus rendering him paralyzed?

Yet... The information has not been provided to MSM?

:dunno:

IHNC (or "Cluueeeesssy Maaaaate") ;)

I mentioned this in one of my first posts on this thread. Morgan's apparent failure to fight back still has me puzzled. He was 189cm tall, and would have been very fit - he built marina pontoons outdoors. Not a desk warmer's job at all. And DJK is the opposite of that in almost every way. Yet we have no information - so far - that Morgan tried to defend himself.

My initial thoughts were that one of the stab wounds to the back of the neck got lucky and injured the spinal cord. Another was one of the wounds to the side of the neck injuring a bunch of nerves called the brachial plexus - which essentially controls the entire upper limb of that side. But only that side - he would still have had the other arm with which to defend himself, not to mention his feet.

So, either an injury as above, or drugs of some sort (hence the wait for the toxicology report?). Or else there were other injuries which we haven't been informed about yet. And may never be.

I can tell you that if somebody started plunging a knife into me, I would be fighting back in an instant, and would be very impressive, even at my age. And yes, the adrenalin levels would be high - but not from sexual activity!!!

So the 'HOW' question has not yet been answered to any degree of satisfaction. Neither has the 'WHY' question of motive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member