GUILTY Australia - Morgan Huxley, 31, stabbed to death, Neutral Bay, NSW, 8 Sept 2013 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi AJM. Thing is, DJK specifically told people he worked at the cooking school, that's been reported in direct quotes, in msm. So he's hanging out in all these different shops every day, complaining about his long shifts at the school, carrying what he describes as his "chef's kit".... while the school says he has never worked there in any way.

I think it would not be too hard to find out if he did indeed work there. If he worked in the kitchen -somebody- presently working there, or who used to work there, would surely remember him.

eta: if he wasn't working there... I gotta wonder if it was a convenient excuse to be hanging around those shops every day. No-one would question the constant presence of a person who seems to work right next door.

I guess it doesn’t discount that he was working somewhere/elsewhere though (as well as the cooking school, of course :wink:).. . even if it was just washing dishes at some café or restaurant on a Saturday night - under 21 years old, still cheaper labour at Saturday night penalty rates.

I wonder where was he running from at 1:30am to catch up with Morgan? Dressed up in that garb? Are cafes open that late?

ETA: And if he was late for any planned meeting, or because he suspected/hoped that Morgan would be at the pub that night and be leaving at closing time (permanent fixture), it could be because he was held up at work.

I wonder where was he running from at 1:30am to catch up with Morgan? Dressed up in that garb? Are cafes open that late?

ETA: And if he was late for any planned meeting, or because he suspected/hoped that Morgan would be at the pub that night and be leaving at closing time (permanent fixture), it could be because he was held up at work.

There is one particular cafe that is open 24/7. Often when I have been walking home after midnight, some places are closed but you can still see staff in there cleaning up etc.

Do they wear black, AJM?

It's kind of a trendy/unusual colour for kitchen staff but I can see a trendy caf allowing/providing their cooks black chef shirts (the one he was wearing was a full sleeve job, srs chef outfit).

Not hard, again, to find out if he worked there..

Do they wear black, AJM?

It's kind of a trendy/unusual colour for kitchen staff but I can see a trendy caf allowing/providing their cooks black chef shirts (the one he was wearing was a full sleeve job, srs chef outfit).

Not hard, again, to find out if he worked there..

I don't recall ever seeing the kitchen staff. The wait staff at the 24/7 cafe general wear jeans and a black thirst from memory. I'm definitely going to be paying attention as walk past these places now to see what the staff are wearing.

Just for a visual perspective, here's the corner (Crust Pizza) where Morgan stood, right before DJK caught up with him:

http://goo.gl/maps/pTtXo

Most of the other food places mentioned (Patty's, the curry place) are just up Ben Boyd Rd from there, all of 'em facing the Oaks, about 10-12 paces across the street from the pub.

Morgan's street is actually in the opposite direction from there.

Just for a visual perspective, here's the corner (Crust Pizza) where Morgan stood, right before DJK caught up with him:

http://goo.gl/maps/pTtXo

Most of the other food places mentioned (Patty's, the curry place) are just up Ben Boyd Rd from there, all of 'em facing the Oaks, about 10-12 paces across the street from the pub.

Morgan's street is actually in the opposite direction from there.

There was also mention that DJK was seen on CCTV walking past Vinnies before he got to that corner. Vinnies is further up Military Rd away from the Oaks and opposite direction to Watson St.

Not sure if they all wear the same, or if "assistants" wear the black tops and checked pants, but if you look at the photos on here:

https://plus.google.com/100548768499154914913/about?hl=en

... you'll see that the chefs wear the standard white tops at the Sydney Cooking School there.

However, having said that, I've seen plenty of chefs/kitchen staff wearing the checkered pants and black chef-tops, including a very good friend of mine who runs his own restaurant in Tasmania. But then Tasmaniacs are funny that way... ;) (just kidding, just kidding...)

And before the blasted subscriber's demand pop-up kicked in, I managed to make out in this article that Paddy's Pies (one of DJK's haunts) is open til 2am, and so is a place called "Maisy's" :

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-bay/story-fngr8h9d-1226648263991#mm-breached

From the little bit I could see, it seems not many places are open at 1am.

If anyone's not getting the pop-up, could you please c&p?

Maisy's is open 24/7.

My train of thought was even though a place my close at 12am, kitchen staff my still be there washing up, doing prep for the next day. It's not impossible that if DJK had been working somewhere that night to finish up at 1.30am.

There was also mention that DJK was seen on CCTV walking past Vinnies before he got to that corner. Vinnies is further up Military Rd away from the Oaks and opposite direction to Watson St.

Now I'm confused.. Msm's also said DJK walked hurriedly past the Oaks to catch Morgan at the lights on the corner where Crust is... which puts him as coming from the -opposite- direction from Vinnie's?

Might be worth collecting up all those references and seeing if sense can be made of it.

But I think I'll need more coffee first. :coffeecup:

Now I'm confused.. Msm's also said DJK walked hurriedly past the Oaks to catch Morgan at the lights on the corner where Crust is... which puts him as coming from the -opposite- direction from Vinnie's?

Might be worth collecting up all those references and seeing if sense can be made of it.

But I think I'll need more coffee first. :coffeecup:

I'd read it that he didn't catch up to MH until the lights at Watson St, once they were both past the Oaks.

So it sounds like MH was waiting around the corner opposite the Oaks, and DJK was rushing up to meet him from the direction of the city .. is that right?

Also, just a big THANKS to AJM and all the other locals who've come by and posted. It's really a huge help to have local POV's here. Much appreciated.

:cheers:

It depends not so much on the time in that 11 minutes - more on the time before the forensic team arrived. When blood is first spilled, it clots, and the first hour or so can be estimated, depending on such things as whether or not the victim is on any anticoagulants, including aspirin, warfarin (coumadin for our American friends), etc etc. but assuming that Morgan wasn't on anything like that, or some other "natural" herbal stuff that can have similar effects (eg St John's Wort, ginkgo biloba, and even ginger), then once the blood has clotted, there is no reliable way of "aging" the blood. Certainly not to a narrow time frame.

We saw this in the Baden-Clay case, with the blood stains in the back of the car - there is no way to tell if that was just a couple of hours old, or weeks old.

So if the blood was still liquid or semi-liquid when the police and forensics team arrived, then the bleeding would have to have been very recent. the blood would still be almost warm. But if the team weren't on the scene until an hour or two later, then it would be almost impossible to put the attack into a time frame with any accuracy. And of course, the "body" wasn't there in situ - he had been taken to hospital. And the time of death would have been accurately reported from the paramedics and the hospital, as THAT is where he died - not at the flat.

So we have, in this case, a known time of death, but NOT a definite known time of attack. Unless the police have other information that tells them that.

Not sure it makes any difference as the type of wound and blood flow is not known but MH was said to be found in a pool of blood.

Source - Daily Telegraph 24 09 2013... Ms Redmond called when she discovered Mr Huxley lying in a pool of blood, ...

IHNC (or "Cluueeeesssy Maaaaate") ;)

I mentioned this in one of my first posts on this thread. Morgan's apparent failure to fight back still has me puzzled. He was 189cm tall, and would have been very fit - he built marina pontoons outdoors. Not a desk warmer's job at all. And DJK is the opposite of that in almost every way. Yet we have no information - so far - that Morgan tried to defend himself.

My initial thoughts were that one of the stab wounds to the back of the neck got lucky and injured the spinal cord. Another was one of the wounds to the side of the neck injuring a bunch of nerves called the brachial plexus - which essentially controls the entire upper limb of that side. But only that side - he would still have had the other arm with which to defend himself, not to mention his feet.

So, either an injury as above, or drugs of some sort (hence the wait for the toxicology report?). Or else there were other injuries which we haven't been informed about yet. And may never be.

I can tell you that if somebody started plunging a knife into me, I would be fighting back in an instant, and would be very impressive, even at my age. And yes, the adrenalin levels would be high - but not from sexual activity!!!

So the 'HOW' question has not yet been answered to any degree of satisfaction. Neither has the 'WHY' question of motive.

I've been looking at comments made by the local cafe owners etc who knew of DJK. One of the owners describes him as being "small & skinny". Looking at the photos & vids of him from the day of his arrest, he doesn't appear to me to be small at all. In fact he looks to me to be on the tall side, especially when looking at the photo of him sitting in detectives car. Thin maybe, but still appears tall.

Having said that, there are plenty of folks around who are small/thin/petite etc but are black belts in Karate. I wonder what the likelihood is of DJK ever participating in any form of self defence tuition, Karate classes or similar in the past.

So it sounds like MH was waiting around the corner opposite the Oaks, and DJK was rushing up to meet him from the direction of the city .. is that right?

My understanding was the MH had never actually crossed Ben Boyd Rd. He was outside the Oaks on the Oaks side of the street. Paced up and down a few times, walked around the corner into Military Rd and walked towards Watson St.

DJK was seen walking past Vinnes, would have walked up the the road further to the Ben Boyd Rd corner, from here he may have seen MH walking along Military Rd, he crossed over, then as he got past the Oaks on Military Rd started running towards MH who was approaching the lights to cross at Watson St.

I'd read it that he didn't catch up to MH until the lights at Watson St, once they were both past the Oaks.

Well. Morgan left the Oaks and walked -toward- Vinnies, to stand at the corner where Crust is there, and I'll find the link for that after I'm caffeinated.

DJK was said to be seen on CCTV walking 100m behind Morgan, then running to catch up at the lights on that same corner, and it was deffo said he went past the Oaks.

Unless Morgan was walking back and forth..

Or DJK walked past Vinnies, along past the Oaks and then turned around to follow Morgan?

:confused:

My understanding was the MH had never actually crossed Ben Boyd Rd. He was outside the Oaks on the Oaks side of the street. Paced up and down a few times, walked around the corner into Military Rd and walked towards Watson St.

DJK was seen walking past Vinnes, would have walked up the the road further to the Ben Boyd Rd corner, from here he may have seen MH walking along Military Rd, he crossed over, then as he got past the Oaks on Military Rd started running towards MH who was approaching the lights to cross at Watson St.

Now THAT makes sense. I think. :propeller:

No wait - if he never crossed Ben Boyd Rd, how'd Morgan get to be outside of Crust pizza? :waitasec:

Having said that, there are plenty of folks around who are small/thin/petite etc but are black belts in Karate. I wonder what the likelihood is of DJK ever participating in any form of self defence tuition, Karate classes or similar in the past.

Good points Marly. But one point remains - even assuming that DJK was skilled in some form of martial arts, he would still have had to administer some form of injury to immobilize Morgan. Morgan was a big strong outdoors guy.

One saying in most forms of martial arts is that a good, fast big guy will always have the advantage. That's why they have weight divisions in boxing, UFC, MMA, etc. And although I obviously didn't know him, from the photos and what we know of Morgan, I'd say that to immobilize him using physical force would require expert skills, and would result in injuries that we haven't heard about yet. Unless he simply hit him over the head with something heavy, and hard. Although in movies, a whack on the head will KO anybody (except the hero), it rarely works that way in real life. And there has been no mention of Morgan lying in a pool of blood with severe head injuries and stab wounds - just the stab wounds.

However, as always, we have to keep our sleuthing minds open to any and all possibilities. The tale is twisting and turning with every new bit of info we get, and will continue to do so for some time. I suspect there will be more shocks and surprises to come yet...

Aha, AJM was right!

After leaving the bar about 1.30am he stands on the pavement opposite Crust Gourmet Pizza Bar (ausnote: OPPOSITE! not 'outside of' as previously reported - so he's just standing on the corner of the Oaks, why could they NOT just say so, jeez) for several minutes. He does not talk to anyone.

Hard to miss at 189 centimetres tall, the former Hunters Hill High student turned on to busy Military Road, headed for his unit less than 100 metres away.

Police will allege Daniel Jack Kelsall followed Huxley to a busy intersection and struck up a conversation. Homicide detectives believe Kelsall, 20, was hoping the pair would engage in some form of sexual activity.

Sydney Cooking School owner Brett Deverall said security footage showed them walking across the road, in the direction of Huxley's unit, less than 30 metres away.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/morgan-hu...pped-sydney-20131011-2vcva.html#ixzz2hZQp8x8c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob84999381