GUILTY Australia - Morgan Huxley, 31, stabbed to death, Neutral Bay, NSW, 8 Sept 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha that's the first thing I thought! It's worse over here in London. They show you around absolutely filthy dumps. Ugh!

Ah but then you get to imagine the 'potential' it has. And why worry about that greasy kitchenette that's too small for a toaster when you've got shops, cafe's and nightlife all just a short stroll away. :banghead: I despise looking through rentals. Grumble, grumble, grumble.

That's the one I found but wasn't sure if it was his. They're in front of 34, but maybe just because there's steps leading down to the car park there? The link I found said it wasn't available now, but I found other flats, including 35 next door and had the same layout. They'd all be similar.

Thanks Jmbr - I made out 34 and 35 on the doors as well. Most of the ground floor units that I've seen for 14 Watson Street, thus far, have two levels. Below is a floor plan for #40

23sdfe9.jpg

40/4-14 Watson Street, Neutral Bay

10 photos: Superb two level townhouse in the heart of Neutral Bay - 40/4-14 Watson Street, Neutral Bay
http://house.ksou.cn/p.php?q=Neutral+Bay&sta=nsw&id=461961

when we saw the footage of jill meager her last moments adrian b was seen running after her to catch up to her she too was only a couple hundred or less metres from her home so I see nothing unusual about it at all after that except its predator behaviour with intent to commit a crime

Thanks Jmbr - I made out 34 and 35 on the doors as well. Most of the ground floor units that I've seen for 14 Watson Street, thus far, have two levels. Below is a floor plan for #40

23sdfe9.jpg

40/4-14 Watson Street, Neutral Bay

10 photos: Superb two level townhouse in the heart of Neutral Bay - 40/4-14 Watson Street, Neutral Bay
http://house.ksou.cn/p.php?q=Neutral+Bay&sta=nsw&id=461961

Pretty sure that you are right, enzeder. We did some looking back in Thread One. NoStoneUnturnedAus said that the flats were called Oakleigh, and NSUA thought Morgan's flat was a two-storey one. NSUA grew up in the area. (Post 353 of last thread ... there is a bit of conversation about it)

Morgan's place definitely has a courtyard ... MSM has pics of him and his mates in it ... even JR's boyfriend is in the MSM pic.

And Makara posted a plan of a one-storey flat in Thread One (Post 500) and that had a balcony, not a courtyard.

(Sorry, I'd bring the info over to this thread, but I'm not so good at doing that.)

ETA: So if the one-storey flat has a balcony, would that mean the one-storey flats are on the uppermost level ... isn't it a three-storey apartment block? Maybe Morgan & JR did have an upstairs neighbour despite being in a two-storey flat.

Pretty sure that you are right, enzeder. We did some looking back in Thread One. NoStoneUnturnedAus said that the flats were called Oakleigh, and NSUA thought Morgan's flat was a two-storey one. NSUA grew up in the area. (Post 353 of last thread ... there is a bit of conversation about it)

Morgan's place definitely has a courtyard ... MSM has pics of him and his mates in it.

And Makara posted a plan of a one bedroom place in Thread One (Post 500) and that had a balcony, not a courtyard.

(Sorry, I'd bring the info over to this thread, but I'm not so good at doing that.)

Thanks SouthAussie! - I'll go back to the first thread and check. Here's a pic of MH in the courtyard.

1fk4g1.jpg

Morgan Huxley (pointing) and some mates in the backyard of his Neutral Bay unit, where he was murdered. Source: Supplied
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...of-morgan-huxley/story-fni0cx12-1226720513510

Just letting you all know a media/timeline thread is now open for Morgan's case.

Timeline/Media Thread

Feel free to add in any report links, maps etc. Please keep in mind it's a "no discussion" thread..

BBM

Do you have a link for that flat please Jmbr. I found this old real estate listing yesterday when I was looking for something that would show the layout for a ground floor unit at 14 Watson Street. There are a few pic's of interior of a ground floor unit at this link. The August 24, 2011 listing for this particular unit is saying "Available: NOW".

MH has lived at the apartment complex for more than five years.

Photos: 34/14 Watson Street NEUTRAL BAY LEASED [.....] AUGUST 24, 2011
http://www.hockeys.com.au/memdisplay/mempageview_new.php?display=mempageview7&id=6107376

Thanks for the link Enzeder. I posted this in the previous thread regarding the floor plans of the units where Morgan lived.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Australia: Morgan Huxley found stabbed to death

Zooming in on the pic of the two detectives leaving MH's unit, it looks like the unit next door (on the left of the pic) is no. 35 and MH's unit is no. 34

Unit-35-Watson-Street.jpg

Unit-34-Watson-Street.jpg

A screencap of the courtyard from your link.

Courtyard-Watson-Street.jpg

A pic of MH in the courtyard of his unit. Note the brick wall behind MH. It looks like the same brick wall in the left of the pic of the courtyard.

Attachments

• 512425-baa8cbf2-1e94-11e3-b692-e50a676e7815.jpg
    512425-baa8cbf2-1e94-11e3-b692-e50a676e7815.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 35-14-Watson-Street.jpg
    35-14-Watson-Street.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 19
It's very eerie looking at those photos of the unit. It brings it home how something so horrible can happen in a place so normal (well messiness like that is not my normal, but each to their own!).

Another part of the MSM reports that has had this same effect on me is when DJK runs to catch up to MH. As others have said, I think it does bring back memories of Jill Meagher. The idea that something like someone running would precede such an atrocity. I wonder if we'll ever see the CCTV footage.

Morgan's place definitely has a courtyard ... MSM has pics of him and his mates in it ... even JR's boyfriend is in the MSM pic.

And Makara posted a plan of a one-storey flat in Thread One (Post 500) and that had a balcony, not a courtyard.

ETA: So if the one-storey flat has a balcony, would that mean the one-storey flats are on the uppermost level ... isn't it a three-storey apartment block? Maybe Morgan & JR did have an upstairs neighbour despite being in a two-storey flat.
BBM

Appears to have 3 levels to me SouthAussie.

Attachments

• nbbqra.jpg
    nbbqra.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 21
anyone know if the courtyard can be entered from anyway other than the living room area in the unit?

Is that a strip of vacant land that runs along the back of the flats, separating them from the houses behind?

Looks like the fences end, and there is a strip of vacant land between.

http://goo.gl/maps/PX3OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member