GUILTY Australia - Morgan Huxley, 31, stabbed to death, Neutral Bay, NSW, 8 Sept 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IHNC (or "Cluueeeesssy Maaaaate") ;)

I mentioned this in one of my first posts on this thread. Morgan's apparent failure to fight back still has me puzzled. He was 189cm tall, and would have been very fit - he built marina pontoons outdoors. Not a desk warmer's job at all. And DJK is the opposite of that in almost every way. Yet we have no information - so far - that Morgan tried to defend himself.

My initial thoughts were that one of the stab wounds to the back of the neck got lucky and injured the spinal cord. Another was one of the wounds to the side of the neck injuring a bunch of nerves called the brachial plexus - which essentially controls the entire upper limb of that side. But only that side - he would still have had the other arm with which to defend himself, not to mention his feet.

So, either an injury as above, or drugs of some sort (hence the wait for the toxicology report?). Or else there were other injuries which we haven't been informed about yet. And may never be.

I can tell you that if somebody started plunging a knife into me, I would be fighting back in an instant, and would be very impressive, even at my age. And yes, the adrenalin levels would be high - but not from sexual activity!!!

So the 'HOW' question has not yet been answered to any degree of satisfaction. Neither has the 'WHY' question of motive.
Thank you, My Dear Dr. Watson! :)

Now I recall the convo someways back of the possibility of a neck injury causing lack of defensive moves...

But... It popped in my head again...

thank you for your expertise and clarity in describing such possibilities...

Of course... We will need to wait for results of toxicology testing and the autopsy report...

Signed,

"Cluuuuuessssy Maaaaate". :D

Right, I think I have this clear in my head now (thanks all for being patient me, directionally challenged as I am).

Here's the lights "100m " down Military Rd from the Oaks, where the CCTV spots DJK catching up with Morgan and talking to him:

http://goo.gl/maps/SpPfI

You can see the Oaks in the background. And this is the corner of Watson St.

I've been looking at comments made by the local cafe owners etc who knew of DJK. One of the owners describes him as being "small & skinny". Looking at the photos & vids of him from the day of his arrest, he doesn't appear to me to be small at all. In fact he looks to me to be on the tall side, especially when looking at the photo of him sitting in detectives car. Thin maybe, but still appears tall.

Having said that, there are plenty of folks around who are small/thin/petite etc but are black belts in Karate. I wonder what the likelihood is of DJK ever participating in any form of self defence tuition, Karate classes or similar in the past.
I am glad you mentioned the possibility of DJK having been involved in some type of self-defense classes...

This could explain well placed blows to MH... Even though MH was a muscular/fit man...

JMO...

Dr.Watson... And anyone else who can answer...

How debilitating would a sharp elbow to the solar plexus be to a man fearing for his life?

I know I have "gotten the wind knocked out of me" before... Was on the ground for quite some time (at least it seemed)...

and I knocked my DH pretty much to the knees one time out of pure reaction to him sneaking up behind me ...and startling the poo-poo out of me...

Backwards elbow to the solar plexus caught him off guard... And debilitated him for a few seconds (?)...

Just throwing out more ideas...

Unless all the male arresting police are midgets, DJK isn't small. You can see the height comparison in the photos and video at the unit block and when they arrived at North Sydney police station.

IMO after the three neck wounds even a fairly fit 31 year old wouldn't be feeling too flash. Not likely he was expecting it, he was in his bedroom not walking down Military road.

And how fit really was MH? MSM says he was 'almost a permanent fixture at The Oaks'. The photo on the back of the funeral booklet doesn't portray a superfit male to me. JMO

While Huxley was almost a permanent fixture at the Oaks Hotel, Kelsall spent every day at a cluster of takeaway shops across the road.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/morgan-hu...pped-sydney-20131011-2vcva.html#ixzz2hZhUuRCr

One more map - this is the route DJK walked to Watson St, starting at Vinnies.

http://goo.gl/maps/tsPrs

.. except maybe they'd cross directly at the lights to turn into Watson St, instead of going all the way up to Coles (I can't make it not do that, I have no such map skillz)

Have been pondering a few things with these few more snippets of info in the media the past couple of days.

I still think DJK killed him, despite what he has told police. Thinking more about the knife, and as discussions have been about a relatively short knife, perhaps it was some sort of pocket knife that MH had in his bedroom, working in marine with ropes etc it's quite possible a pocket knife may have just been laying around, which goes back to my original thinking that he had never intended to kill, but something happened after spending their time together that set him off. His satchel may just have been his bag with books, iPod etc, no knifes at all.

Much discussion has been had about DJK and whether he was working or not. He may have in fact done a short cooking class at the cooking school, and was currently working as a kitchen hand elsewhere but had not updated his profile. I can understand why no one would come forward saying they employed him. There are a number of restaurants/cafés along Military Rd right up through into Cremorne and Mosman, that are open quiet late, he may have in fact been working that night, <modsnip>

MH was caught by surprise by time he realised what was going on he was too incapacitated to fight back.

There's conflicting reports whether his flat mate was in fact home at the time, or if she arrived home shortly before finding MH. The scenario where DJK was raping MH I find hard to believe if she was in fact home. It's a long time of almost 1 and a half hours where I find it hard to believe that MH wouldn't have made a struggle or attempted to alert her in someway. But if she wasn't home then it's still a possibility I guess, but less likely in my mind. It seems like a long time to rape and murder.

I also wondered if he just hadn't updated his profile. But the cops went to the effort of searching the cooking school for missing knives, even their roof top apparently. Would they do that based on a facebook profile? :dunno: Also seems odd they searched the school if the owner denied he ever worked there :dunno:

The scenario of DJK raping MH works for me if he was drugged. DJK still had to get inside the flat first though. Maybe he offered to share a joint or a six-pack, and if they were familiar from seeing each other around the shops, MH might have trusted him enough. DJK could have slipped something in his drink after 20 to 30 minutes inside, say half an hour to take effect, and another 30 -40 minutes until he left. If someone is unconscious, there is no need to hurry - remember the hot chocolate rapist? But yeah, if JR was home and DJK knew, hard to believe he would take that chance. Maybe MH was drugged but started to wake up unexpectedly, then DJK stabbed him. Maybe he was stabbing him and he woke up unexpectedly. For some reason I keep thinking Jeffrey Dahmer and how he wanted passive/unresponsive sex partners :scared: :scared: :scared:

Police have said DJK was "hoping to have sex". <modsnip> It's very vague still. I should add I'm not glued to any theory at the moment, just throwing ideas around.

Indeed - or by a bit of splashing from the knife as it moved rapidly. Maybe the blood on the satchel and the spectacles was a very tiny amount - and not noticed by DJK? But found by thorough forensic examiners?

Or maybe the satchel was on the floor at the time of the stabbing - I imagine it would be unlikely that the attacker was wearing the satchel at the time. Would have been so easy for Morgan to grab hold of the strap, except we still don't know how he was rendered incapable...

The blood may have got there by transfer, but the stolen money resulting in the larceny charge didn't. :)
Hypothetical ' victim and accused hook up and do whatever, accused departs and on arriving home realises he left his favourite novel behind. Goes back to flat to retrieve it, discovers mortally wounded victim, doesn't call 000 and to top it off, decides to steal from him. '
Won't find that one in a Feist novel, IMO

ETA: Repeating my post earlier today - the accused has not been charged with rape/sexual assault.
He is charged with murder and larceny (stealing money from victim).

c/f the Jill Meagher case - Bayley was charged with murder and rape.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-09-...-bayley-with-meaghers-rape-and-murder/4284946

Case #'s for DJK

Court Listings Search Results as at: 13 October 2013 04:31 PM EDST

15 Oct 09:30 Mention Criminal Local Unassigned Central Unassigned NSW Police v Daniel Jack KELSALL 201300306494
- 15 Oct 09:30 Mention (Police) Criminal Local Unassigned Central Unassigned R v DANIEL JACK KELSALL 201300302108

The court list is subject to change, please check regularly for any updates.
http://www.localcourt.lawlink.nsw.gov.au/localcourts/court_lists.html

LB .. Sorry if I'm just being thick, but I don't get what you mean there. Ah. n/m gotcha now. :)

Brightbird - Morgan also likely had a skinful of alcohol by then, as well.. Reflexes, judgement, etc, can really go out the window when people have been drinking all day.

Need some help here please :) - Trying to get my bearings, via MSM, with likely route home to 14 Watson Street after leaving Oaks Hotel.

29cq78i.jpg

Need some help here please :) - Trying to get my bearings, via MSM, with likely route home to 14 Watson Street after leaving Oaks Hotel.

29cq78i.jpg

^ Enzeder has the skillz I lack! Awesome. :B

That's the same route I came up with, based on msm (and AJM's help).

^ Enzeder has the skillz I lack! Awesome. :B

That's the same route I came up with, based on msm (and AJM's help).

Thanks Ausgirl! - I'm just catching up on the posts made here while I was battling with the map/route :)

One more map - this is the route DJK walked to Watson St, starting at Vinnies.

http://goo.gl/maps/tsPrs

.. except maybe they'd cross directly at the lights to turn into Watson St, instead of going all the way up to Coles (I can't make it not do that, I have no such map skillz)

Thanks! - yes I encountered that problem too. Google wanted me to take an alternative route as well.

Maisy's cafe is open till 2am every night its further down the road maybe 80metres or so on left hand side driving towards mosman its always full of people especially very late at night its a very trendy two level cafe it also serves alcohol its a great place

It makes me wonder where DJK was coming from when he was seen walking past Vinnie's towards the Oaks Hotel. I did notice that Maisey's Cafe, open 24/7, is just a little further up the road from Vinnie's. Perhaps DJK had hung out at Maisey's for a while before meeting up with MH.

Click to enlarge.

Maisey's-Cafe-164-Military-Road-NB.jpg

As Ausgirl has already said, the reporting on this case is so slack! There hasn't been a police embargo placed on reporting about this case to date so how about some good investivative journalism for a change? :banghead: Oh, and I wouldn't even wrap my fish and chips in the pages of the Telegraph! Just saying. :rant:

Maisy's cafe is open till 2am every night its further down the road maybe 80metres or so on left hand side driving towards mosman its always full of people especially very late at night its a very trendy two level cafe it also serves alcohol its a great place

Snap Sunday. LOL. Sorry, I thought Maisey's was open all night.

ETA: Maisey's is open 24 hours. http://www.maisys24.com.au/about-us/

Also, regarding the Clark Road News/Anderson Park area that I've seen mentioned in MSM as a place of interest I've noticed that DJK residence is very close to the park. From Clark Road News to his home is 400 m, 6 minutes walk time. http://goo.gl/maps/WnbBw

Dr.Watson... And anyone else who can answer...

How debilitating would a sharp elbow to the solar plexus be to a man fearing for his life?

It would need to be a HARD blow, delivered accurately, and it would still only wind a relatively fit male for a few seconds. Those things happen all the time on the football field, for example. Quick lie down for a few seconds, then play on. A kick in the nuts would be more effective....

And that image on the back of the funeral booklet would suggest to me (and we don't know how old the pic is) that Morgan was fairly solidly built, and at 189cm tall, he has reasonable muscle definition, considering that's a back view of him, half twisted around. Sorry to disagree there, LB ;) But it is difficult to be sure of his build from that photo, and all the others seem to be just head shots or head and shoulders.

Hopefully more info, and images, may drift our way over the next week or two.

Thanks for the maps!! Helps to visualise.

Re the blood on his glasses, if I remember correctly he said that he didn't know what happened after he saw the female walking up to Morgan's place, and he left. If there was blood on his glasses, it means SOMETHING happened before he left that caused Morgan to bleed. I wonder if he thought through that little tidbit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member