GUILTY Australia - Morgan Huxley, 31, stabbed to death, Neutral Bay, NSW, 8 Sept 2013 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would need to be a HARD blow, delivered accurately, and it would still only wind a relatively fit male for a few seconds. Those things happen all the time on the football field, for example. Quick lie down for a few seconds, then play on. A kick in the nuts would be more effective....

And that image on the back of the funeral booklet would suggest to me (and we don't know how old the pic is) that Morgan was fairly solidly built, and at 189cm tall, he has reasonable muscle definition, considering that's a back view of him, half twisted around. Sorry to disagree there, LB ;) But it is difficult to be sure of his build from that photo, and all the others seem to be just head shots or head and shoulders.

Hopefully more info, and images, may drift our way over the next week or two.

Thanks...

Yep... That was how I got the wind knocked out of me...

Playing park football!

:)

I think I found an old listing for MH's flat and it's a two storey house. If DJK heard the flat mate get home and was still in the house it would've taken a while to get out and he was more likely to have been heard or seen, assuming the bedrooms are upstairs... Unless she went to the toilet or the kitchen. Looks as though the kitchen is behind the stairs so he could've run down them without her seeing him, but surely would've heard him leaving, and maybe that's why she walked into the room, because she heard something and assumed Morgan was up, and might be keen for a late night chat.

Was thinking again about the CCTV footage, and DJK was seen walking, then running up to Morgan, my initial thoughts were why would you run up to anyone who you didn't supposedly know. Perhaps he was not in fact running up to Morgan as such, but was just running up to the lights to cross the road, he was walking along saw the lights were about to change so ran the last bit, crossing the road and the walking up Watson St, they have struck up a conversation, as this is where the CCTV footage leaves us off, who knows how long they could have chatted in the street and MH has invited him in to hang out or whatever and then something has caused DJK to attack.

Was thinking again about the CCTV footage, and DJK was seen walking, then running up to Morgan, my initial thoughts were why would you run up to anyone who you didn't supposedly know. Perhaps he was not in fact running up to Morgan as such, but was just running up to the lights to cross the road, he was walking along saw the lights were about to change so ran the last bit, crossing the road and the walking up Watson St, they have struck up a conversation, as this is where the CCTV footage leaves us off, who knows how long they could have chatted in the street and MH has invited him in to hang out or whatever and then something has caused DJK to attack.

Good point AJM ... people often run to catch the crosswalk light. That looks like a busy intersection so you probably have to wait for a bit for the next light .. especially across the Military Road part.

I'm presuming Military Road is still fairly busy at 1:30am on a Saturday night (heck, the main roads are even sort of busy-ish here in sleepy ole Adelaide at that time on a Saturday night!)

I just wanted to thank all of you guys for doing such amazing sleuthing work!!! You really are remarkable.

And so busy since yesterday morning!!

I think I found an old listing for MH's flat and it's a two storey house. If DJK heard the flat mate get home and was still in the house it would've taken a while to get out and he was more likely to have been heard or seen, assuming the bedrooms are upstairs... Unless she went to the toilet or the kitchen. Looks as though the kitchen is behind the stairs so he could've run down them without her seeing him, but surely would've heard him leaving, and maybe that's why she walked into the room, because she heard something and assumed Morgan was up, and might be keen for a late night chat.

My (recent) thoughts exactly Jmbr! The time frames are awfully tight between JR getting home - presumably at 2:50am which police say was the end-point of the attack time frame - and the 3:01am 000 phone call.

Initial reports say the front door was left ajar ... DJK trying to slip out making as little noise as possible? JR hearing the front door open, peeking out to see if someone was there perhaps, finishing her downstairs routine of locking up etc, then going up to bed and hearing Morgan's gurgling, trying to get her attention.

I have been wondering if the JR being 'awoken by noises' was police misinformation to help protect JR from an intruder who may have thought she saw more than she did.

My (recent) thoughts exactly Jmbr! The time frames are awfully tight between JR getting home - presumably at 2:50am which police say was the end-point of the attack time frame - and the 3:01am 000 phone call.

Initial reports say the front door was left ajar ... DJK trying to slip out making as little noise as possible? JR hearing the front door open, peeking out to see if someone was there perhaps, finishing her downstairs routine of locking up etc, then going up to bed and hearing Morgan's gurgling, trying to get her attention.

I have been wondering if the JR being 'awoken by noises' was police misinformation to help protect JR from an intruder who may have thought she saw more than she did.

Ah it just creeps me out to think he could've been in there while she was there.. She's a very lucky girl.

Good point AJM ... people often run to catch the crosswalk light. That looks like a busy intersection so you probably have to wait for a bit for the next light .. especially across the Military Road part.

I'm presuming Military Road is still fairly busy at 1:30am on a Saturday night (heck, the main roads are even sort of busy-ish here in sleepy ole Adelaide at that time on a Saturday night!)

It is reasonably busy late at night, a lot of taxis. It's the major route back home from the city for a large chunk of the lower north shore and northern beaches. You are correct in that you can wait a while to cross at those lights. Even Watson St itself is reasonably busy, it's only one of a few streets can turn right into off Military Rd to access that side of Neutral Bay.

Ah it just creeps me out to think he could've been in there while she was there.. She's a very lucky girl.

Not only is JR a very lucky girl if she had come home while DJK was there, but Morgan was very unfortunate if this happened to be the first time he had invited a relatively-unknown/vaguely-familiar guy into his home late at night and he was fatally attacked as a consequence. :(

ETA: I'm starting to wonder if this was all about money ... Morgan unwilling or not understanding that he had to pay for the 'privilege' of having DJK in his home, and DJK angry and unwilling to accept that stance.

ETA: I'm starting to wonder if this was all about money ... Morgan unwilling or not understanding that he had to pay for the 'privilege' of having DJK in his home, and DJK angry and unwilling to accept that stance.

Yup, totally agree. Has been my thought for a while, the attack was not intended and planned until an argument or misunderstanding broke out, DJK grabbed a nearby object, (pocket knife?) and may not have even intended to kill but that was the end result.

It is not a question of having the "right" or "wrong" wiring, people just see the world in different ways. Not having empathy does not make a person evil, likewise having empathy does not make a person good. People with empathy kill and steal just as readily as those without.

Btw, anything that is developmental is almost always inherited or environmental, nurture has nothing to do with that.

The thing that affects the behaviour of an individual irrespective of which side of the empathy divide they fall is their culture (and by that I mean the culture of their immediate social environment, not racial or national culture).

Great post Tugela, not forgetting that many ppl gaining or who have power come into some category as our loner,

Hi AJM. Thing is, DJK specifically told people he worked at the cooking school, that's been reported in direct quotes, in msm. So he's hanging out in all these different shops every day, complaining about his long shifts at the school, carrying what he describes as his "chef's kit".... while the school says he has never worked there in any way.

I think it would not be too hard to find out if he did indeed work there. If he worked in the kitchen -somebody- presently working there, or who used to work there, would surely remember him.

eta: if he wasn't working there... I gotta wonder if it was a convenient excuse to be hanging around those shops every day. No-one would question the constant presence of a person who seems to work right next door.

Somewhere (media) the rest of the staff had also said that they had not seen DK work there. I don't think that it would be too hard to find that out, I'm sure that the police already know the truth to that one, perhaps we will find out via MSN in dribs & drabs after the case is over.

If DK was constantly seen during the day in various places, he might have really worked only night shifts, it could have been for cash - no record, I would assume that there would be hardly any ohs inspections conducted pm hrs, hence, he could have been working

BBM

I'm wondering about that as well?. Interesting that DJK told police "he left Huxley's unit sometime before 3am" and JR found MH at 3am. DJK may have still been in the flat somewhere when JR returned home?.

Interesting one, if he told this to the police AFTER he had read or heard about JR coming home, then pretty much a liar

If not, then he might have really seen someone, or he might have heard JR coming home & hid from her until it was clear

If JR had seen someone ( or anyother one of the gf/ff's) surely they would have come forward with that info - unless someone did - we don't know

Many homes today have weapons in them. Some homes have guns....all homes have knives. If someone wants to kill you they will do it regardless of what type of weapon is available to them. It's just a fact of life. And it's not the weapons, it's the people and their lack of control over their emotions.....or in some cases lack of emotions. jmo

Many homes today have weapons in them. Some homes have guns....all homes have knives. If someone wants to kill you they will do it regardless of what type of weapon is available to them. It's just a fact of life. And it's not the weapons, it's the people and their lack of control over their emotions.....or in some cases lack of emotions. jmo

:thumb:

Baseball bats... Hammers...curling irons... Even hands (strangulation) ... Become weapons to people who want to harm someone... Or who want to protect themselves...

JMO

Well OK, but I think most Aussies are glad to live without guns around, we have less murder because of that.

I can actually see this playing out so vividly in my head it's almost scary.

DK reading media reports of MH death and who police are investigating as suspects. The longer the female suspects are discussed, the more agitated he gets, until he finally cracks and inserts himself into the investigation, because he feels they are 'getting it wrong'. He doesn't care anymore that he has opened himself up to be investigated, he only cares that they had got it wrong.

IMO MH was too trusting, he was an easy going person and it only takes one bad, evil person to take advantage of that. In one of the most recent articles it stated that while they were yet to find a connection, they may have been known to each other because they lived in the same area and frequented the same locations. This is what I had thought, as I previously used the example of the couple I see every week grocery shopping. If I was walking home, and I saw the woman crying, or being harrassed, or drunk, I would help her (at least I would have until now).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668