GUILTY Australia - Morgan Huxley, 31, stabbed to death, Neutral Bay, NSW, 8 Sept 2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My grandfather shot an intruder once and it hit the news .. the reporters who covered it got so many facts wrong about him and his life it was crazy. They attributed conclusions they made to my aunt too which was absolutely INFURIATING as we knew she didn't speak to them herself as she was INSIDE THE HOUSE WITH THE REST OF US the day they camped out the front trying to get the information they were after. Basically they got a whole lot of 'stories' and ideas from locals and neighbours, then attributed it to my aunt to give it more credibility. She was terribly hurt, I hope this hasn't happened in this case too.

Mrs. G - woah, your poor family! I'd be terrified of a media scrum camped outside my house, let alone having a trauma going on on top of it.

I bet DJK's family have been inundated.

Mrs. G - woah, your poor family! I'd be terrified of a media scrum camped outside my house, let alone having a trauma going on on top of it.

I bet DJK's family have been inundated.

It was OK .. police didn't charge grandpa, threw the book at the shot intruder :D

From DJK's work Ben Boyd Road would appear to me to be the quickest route home to Spruson Street. Still puzzled as to why why DJK would be apparently seen over in Clark Road though?. Unless of course he was in Anderson Park for whatever reason?

Ben Boyd Rd is a rather steep and windy road. I avoid walking up/down it as much as possible and if I were walking to Spruson Street from where DJK worked I would take Watson > Yeo > Premiere > Montpelier > Spruson

Ben Boyd Rd is a rather steep and windy road. I avoid walking up/down it as much as possible and if I were walking to Spruson Street from where DJK worked I would take Watson > Yeo > Premiere > Montpelier > Spruson

Thank for that AJM86! - Would that include Clark Road - Anderson Park on that route?.

I think you're right Sarah - although my education on murderers only comes from reading serial killer books!!

But I do recall reading that the killer often tries to insinuate themselves into the investigation or watch the investigation from a distance. There is the thrill of power at watching the outcome of their actions and people's reactions. Also the thrill of knowing that no one knows it was them, I think. It seems to have alot to do with feeling powerful.

Police were certainly keeping a close watch at Morgan's funeral if you all remember the following report...

September 18, 2013

A discreet police presence monitored the service at the Northern Suburbs Crematorium in North Ryde, closely watching hundreds of people as they entered the chapel.

Three unmarked cars were parked nearby, with one even positioned among some graves to give the officer inside the best vantage spot

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...xley8217s-killer/story-fni0cx12-1226721352687

Link to map showing the route - Cooking School > Watson > Yeo > Premiere > Montpelier > Spruson. Attached image shows Clark Road News location.

route via watson street
http://goo.gl/maps/fIMu6

"A staff member at the Clark Rd newsagent said detectives were interested in all the vision from the night Mr Huxley was brutally murdered, sometime in the early hours of September 8.

“They wanted the footage from the whole night … they looked at it in my shop on the television, and then they took it away,” he said."

"It is understood police have information that the killer fled towards the Clark Rd shops and a local park after leaving Mr Huxley bleeding to death on his bedroom floor."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...of-morgan-huxley/story-fni0cx12-1226727243494

Attachments

• Clark Road News.jpg
    Clark Road News.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 16
I wonder if he detoured down Holdsworth Street (past Forsyth Park) from Premier St - and that is why the police were very interested in the Clark Road Newsagent's CCTV. Doesn't seem that the CCTV would have enough of a range to film activities at the end of Spruson St (not that I know a heck of a lot about CCTV filming distances!) And I would imagine that DJK would have entered Anderson Park nearer to his home, if he had gone down his own street.

I wonder if any locals have heard of police divers in the water at Anderson Park.

Police were certainly keeping a close watch at Morgan's funeral if you all remember the following report...

September 18, 2013

A discreet police presence monitored the service at the Northern Suburbs Crematorium in North Ryde, closely watching hundreds of people as they entered the chapel.

Three unmarked cars were parked nearby, with one even positioned among some graves to give the officer inside the best vantage spot

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...xley8217s-killer/story-fni0cx12-1226721352687

Wonder if DJK was lurking - I don't think he'd have had the nerve to actually attend the funeral ... would he?!

I wonder if he detoured down Holdsworth Street (past Forsyth Park) from Premier St - and that is why the police were very interested in the Clark Road Newsagent's CCTV. Doesn't seem that the CCTV would have enough of a range to film activities at the end of Spruson St (not that I know a heck of a lot about CCTV filming distances!) And I would imagine that DJK would have entered Anderson Park nearer to his home, if he had gone down his own street.

I wonder if any locals have heard of police divers in the water at Anderson Park.

There's an entrance to Spruson Street off Kurraba Road.

http://goo.gl/maps/X0es5

:australia:

hahaha
2mwzcso.gif

LOL - hey, some shows these days have actual ex-FBI profilers writing episodes and plot lines for them, even drawing on info from actual cases they've worked, so there's a lot of factual information tucked into those.. (is my excuse for being an unapologetic Criminal Minds junkie anyhow).

I really don't know what standard police practises are here, that way, much to my own shame. I would imagine they'd have paid attention to who was rubbernecking close to the scene. DJK was all the way across the street, afaik, so he might not have been so obvious. Or maybe he -was- noticed, and then noticed again later, and so on...

I think, just in my half-informed opinion, lol - that DJK or anyone else who's killed somebody in a frenzy of stabbing would likely not take the risk in hovering around the scene of a murder just a matter of hours later and with a heavy police presence, unless it gave them a serious thrill of some sort.

That, to me, says there was some sort of compulsion happening, that he got something satisfying out of viewing the results of his crime or needed to feel close to it. The safer thing to do would be to lay low and destroy all evidence ASAP, so self-preservation seems to have taken a back seat to whatever desire prompted that action...

Extremely loose speculation: maybe wanting to be famous or infamous was part of his motive? Wouldn't be the first.

BBM

I wonder if the media filmed the area the day Morgan was killed and the police were able to see DJK on their footage? I'm sure the cameramen would have been filming the local area for when they put together their footage for their news stories. Police filming the murder scene would most likely have been focused on Morgan's unit and immediate area, but the media may have filmed the street and local area more thoroughly.

BBM

I wonder if the media filmed the area the day Morgan was killed and the police were able to see DJK on their footage? I'm sure the cameramen would have been filming the local area for when they put together their footage for their news stories. Police filming the murder scene would most likely have been focused on Morgan's unit and immediate area, but the media may have filmed the street and local area more thoroughly.

Seems that the Daily Telegraph had an up-close relationship with the police during DJK's arrest, and the hunt for the killer. Footage for exclusivity maybe?

That was my thinking too. He took a detour on the way home via Anderson Park, likely coming down Rawson St, and crossing over Kurraba Rd, at which point could possibly have been on CCTV from the shops opposite. I have not head of any police diving going on, but it may have.

Hi I'm new here but have been lurking. I too am a local living somewhat between MH and DJK. A couple of thoughts in my head:
- vinnies has a back entrance off Grosvenor Lane which is where their clothing bins etc are. Perhaps DJK was not captured on the CCTV outside vinnies on military road but rather Grosvenor Lane.
- apart from the 24 hour cafe maisys there is nothing further down that end of military rd (or Grosvenor lane) open at that time of night so what business did DJK have after he finished work? There was no need for him to cross military road or indeed head east after his shift finished.
- spruson street is best accessed down Watson or laycock streets, yeo, premier, Montpelier and straight onto spruson. There would be no need for DJK to go anywhere near Clark road or Anderson park on his way home.

As to my theory... I don't think DJK and Mh had any arrangement to meet and I think that DJK was either stalking MH and somehow wormed his way into the flat or watched MH enter and perhaps leave the door unlocked or something.

Just a thought. I wonder if Morgan & his flatmate were in a habit of leaving their front door unlocked for when either returned home. If Morgan had a rough idea of when his flatmate would be home that night could he have left it unlocked for her??

Hi I'm new here but have been lurking. I too am a local living somewhat between MH and DJK. A couple of thoughts in my head:
- vinnies has a back entrance off Grosvenor Lane which is where their clothing bins etc are. Perhaps DJK was not captured on the CCTV outside vinnies on military road but rather Grosvenor Lane.
- apart from the 24 hour cafe maisys there is nothing further down that end of military rd (or Grosvenor lane) open at that time of night so what business did DJK have after he finished work? There was no need for him to cross military road or indeed head east after his shift finished.
- spruson street is best accessed down Watson or laycock streets, yeo, premier, Montpelier and straight onto spruson. There would be no need for DJK to go anywhere near Clark road or Anderson park on his way home.

As to my theory... I don't think DJK and Mh had any arrangement to meet and I think that DJK was either stalking MH and somehow wormed his way into the flat or watched MH enter and perhaps leave the door unlocked or something.

Welcome almar!

:welcome5:

Interesting thinking about a camera at the back of Vinnies. Is that something that you know for sure? It may change our speculations a little if it is.

I guess the interest in CCTV from Clark Rd may not have had anything to do with DJK, maybe it was more to do with other potential suspects. We just don't know that kind of detail yet, that's for sure.

I think Morgan must have been a great guy, evidently popular with his male and female mates for good reason .. as one of his friends said in MSM, people were drawn to him. And I don't think JR would have lived with him, or JH would have dated him, for so long if he wasn't a good person to them.

Whether he invited DJK into his bedroom, as I believe - or not, as others believe - his resulting death is just the saddest thing. :(

Wonder if DJK was lurking - I don't think he'd have had the nerve to actually attend the funeral ... would he?!

Well DJK had no problem inserting himself into the investigation so I would have to wonder if he took himself off to the funeral as well.

I've read of other killers who are very voyeuristic, they attend the funerals, visit the gravesites of their victims.

If anyone's interested this site has umpty dozens of worldwide murder cases listed. Majority of cases are really well documented with a huge of amount of detail on each case. I'm quite sure you'll find some cases on there in which the killer/s attended their victims funerals.

http://murderpedia.org/index.htm

Welcome almar and thank you! - I think that DJK being seen, on CCTV, in the vicinity of the rear entrance of Vinnie's in Grosvenor Lane is highly likely imo.

Vinnie's Rear Entrance Grosvenor Lane
http://goo.gl/maps/HBo63

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadeeire