GUILTY Australia - Morgan Huxley, 31, stabbed to death, Neutral Bay, NSW, 8 Sept 2013 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Interesting charge.

I assume DJK told them that info when he handed himself in........But how can they prove that the sexual contact wasn't consensual when Morgan isn't here to say that it wasn't?

Well, if there's proof of a break-in, or Kelsall's admitted to breaking in, added to robbery and 28 stab wounds, it kind of adds up that Morgan wasn't likely ---wanting-- his penis touched. Perhaps DJK's made comments to that effect since his arrest?

I've been reviewing all the old information, particularly DJK's movements that night, and I truly believe Kelsall stalked Morgan, first to the crossing, then home, then into the home where he robbed and murdered his victim. I don't doubt for a moment Kelsall knew who Morgan was, by sight at least, and I don't doubt that Morgan's intoxicated state gave Kelsall an opportunity.

My only real question left is, how long had DJK been watching Morgan? Was this sheer random opportunity, or something he'd been hoping for, for some time...

eta: bbm

Police have charged Daniel Jack Kelsall with breaking into Mr Huxley's unit with the intention of indecently assaulting him in the early hours of September 8 last year.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/daniel-ke...rgan-huxley-20140515-zrd9v.html#ixzz31khQGuqJ

Well, if there's proof of a break-in, or Kelsall's admitted to breaking in, added to robbery and 28 stab wounds, it kind of adds up that Morgan wasn't likely ---wanting-- his penis touched. Perhaps DJK's made comments to that effect since his arrest?

I've been reviewing all the old information, particularly DJK's movements that night, and I truly believe Kelsall stalked Morgan, first to the crossing, then home, then into the home where he robbed and murdered his victim. I don't doubt for a moment Kelsall knew who Morgan was, by sight at least, and I don't doubt that Morgan's intoxicated state gave Kelsall an opportunity.

My only real question left is, how long had DJK been watching Morgan? Was this sheer random opportunity, or something he'd been hoping for, for some time...

eta: bbm

Police have charged Daniel Jack Kelsall with breaking into Mr Huxley's unit with the intention of indecently assaulting him in the early hours of September 8 last year.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/daniel-ke...rgan-huxley-20140515-zrd9v.html#ixzz31khQGuqJ

Its a mystery - I'm wondering what the weight - height difference is between DJK and MH, and what advantage did he think he'd have over MH - was it the knifes he was carrying or threatening MH with?
If it was planned - it was a very badly planned assault.
Cameras - living in the area - working in the area.
Creepy.

Its a mystery - I'm wondering what the weight - height difference is between DJK and MH, and what advantage did he think he'd have over MH - was it the knifes he was carrying or threatening MH with?
If it was planned - it was a very badly planned assault.
Cameras - living in the area - working in the area.
Creepy.

Good points, FigTree :seeya:

If it was planned, it really was badly planned. I'd always felt that it was an agreed hookup and then a spontaneous eruption happened when something was triggered in DJK.......and the attack itself sounds so frenzied, I'd always felt that kind of confirmed that.

But - I know nothing!! The angle that LE are taking is obviously what Ausgirl is saying - that DJK stalked him, forced entry, assaulted him and killed him.

Re the height/weight disparity - from memory I think we worked out that DJK isn't short - I remember WSer's examining his height against the arresting officers in pics. But he does look like he has a much finer build than Morgan. And Morgan worked a very physical job so I'd imagine he was strong. Whereas it appears that DJK spent alot of time in the online gaming world.......:scared:

Re DJK believing he had it in him to overpower Morgan - I doubt he was thinking rationally at that point. When he did this he was probably in a fantasy world of his own....plus, Morgan may well have been really tired and drunk at that point and his reflexes would have been slower than usual.

But as I said - I know nothing!!!! I wish I did know the definitive truth! I wish we all did.

Per article linked above... It is reported:

Quote: "Mr. Brereton said outside court that Kelsall has "settled" since his arrested."

What does "settled" mean in this context?

:dunno:

I wonder if this is why there have been no pleas yet to any of the charges. DJK may not have been well. Carrying a book with you, and police allowing you to carry a book with you, after you are arrested is probably not a sign of a well person.

Perhaps some treatment/time/whatever has stabilised him and now court can proceed.

It is pretty unusual for a lawyer to mention his client's health/mental outlook, unless it could have some relevance to the case.

I was just thinking - like I said a bit earlier, I always assumed DJK flipped out and went into some fantasy world when he killed Morgan. I thought he may well be living in a fantasy world.

But I was just re-reading the earlier articles and the next day he went to work as usual and totally lied about being scared to walk the streets due to Morgan's murder.

That is not the behaviour of someone lost in a delusion.....that's the behaviour of a psychopath IMO.

Hi all
The time frame is approx 1.30am (CCTV) to 2.50am when Morgan was found still alive by flatmate.
I am thinking Morgan went straight to bed on arriving home.
Big day a few ales - dropped his pants near the bed and and fell in - went to sleep quickly.

DJK waited a while and entered the bedroom. Morgan awoke to DJK touching his penis (could explain arousal) and holding a knife.

Which he may or may not have known depending on lighting.

Lying in bed being with a man standing over you holding a knife is not the best position to defend oneself.

No forced entry - maybe the door was unlocked. That would still be breaking in if not invited wouldn't it?

Hi all
The time frame is approx 1.30am (CCTV) to 2.50am when Morgan was found still alive by flatmate.
Big day a few ales - dropped his pants near the bed and and fell in - went to sleep quickly.

DJK waited a while and entered the bedroom. Morgan awoke to DJK touching his penis (could explain arousal) and holding a knife.

Lying in bed being with a man standing over you holding a knife is not the best position to defend oneself.

No forced entry - maybe the door was unlocked. That would still be breaking in if not invited wouldn't it?

BBM That was the bit I haven't understood - how can they charge him if there is no sign of forced entry?

But maybe you're right about entering uninvited......we need a legally minded WSer to help us out here!:seeya:

The charge against DJK is actually called “entered a dwelling with intent to commit a serious indictable offence”.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-05-...gan-huxley-murder-accused/5454780?section=nsw

While it is categorised under NSW break and enter charges, there a few of them that do not say “break, enter and ….”. Instead the 'break' part is left off.

Maybe if you intend to commit a serious indictable offence you don’t have to do the ‘break’ part of breaking and entering ... if that makes sense. :waitasec:

Part 4, Div 1, Subdivision 4 Crimes Act 1900 (NSW) (“the Act”) contains a number of break and enter offences. These include:

- break out of a dwelling-house after committing, or enter with intent to commit, an indictable offence (s 109, maximum penalty 14 years)

- break, enter and assault with intent to murder (s 110, maximum penalty 25 years)

- enter a dwelling house with intent to commit a serious indictable offence (s 111, maximum penalty 10 years)

- break, enter and commit a serious indictable offence (s 112, maximum penalty 14 years)

- break and enter with intent to commit a serious indictable offence (s 113, maximum penalty 10 years)

- being armed with intent to commit an indictable offence (s 114, maximum penalty 7 years), and

- being a convicted offender armed with intent to commit an indictable offence (s 115, maximum penalty 10 years).

http://www.judcom.nsw.gov.au/publications/benchbks/sentencing/break_and_enter_offences.html#p17-010

Hi all

BBM.

I totally agree sosocurious. My earlier thoughts on this case were that MH had invited DJK into his unit and things turned ugly soon after. What you've suggested makes more sense. MH didn't know what the hell hit him, poor guy.

I think that DJK will plead guilty unless of course his lawyer convinces him (and DJK's family) that he can get him off. $$$.

There is something about DJK that makes me feel so terribly sad. I know that he's committed an horrific murder but what drove him? What makes him tick? IMO this young guy needs serious help and not just to be thrown into jail for the next 20 years or so. It concerns and dismays me that young people like DJK are out there living amongst us like time bombs ticking towards the next tragedy. Our mental health care, not just in NSW but nationally, needs serious revision and a huge overhaul.

BBM.

I totally agree sosocurious. My earlier thoughts on this case were that MH had invited DJK into his unit and things turned ugly soon after. What you've suggested makes more sense. MH didn't know what the hell hit him, poor guy.

I think that DJK will plead guilty unless of course his lawyer convinces him (and DJK's family) that he can get him off. $$$.

There is something about DJK that makes me feel so terribly sad. I know that he's committed an horrific murder but what drove him? What makes him tick? IMO this young guy needs serious help and not just to be thrown into jail for the next 20 years or so. It concerns and dismays me that young people like DJK are out there living amongst us like time bombs ticking towards the next tragedy. Our mental health care, not just in NSW but nationally, needs serious revision and a huge overhaul.

I totally agree with you, Makara. I too feel terribly sad for him. All was obviously not well for him, for a very long time. I'd like to know what intervention and assistance he received as a child.

And yes, our mental health system is SO inadequate in terms of helping people before it's too late.

I used to work at DOCS doing therapy with children and adolescents. Obviously, my clients had experienced TERRIBLE traumas in their childhood to have been removed from home but the emphasis was on short-term therapy with them. Short term being 6 to 12 sessions. It was outrageously ridiculous! As if in 6 sessions children with such huge emotional issues could be helped in any way!

I ignored the pressure and always saw my clients for at least a year. Luckily, quite a few psychs did ignore it - the pressure was coming from the social workers who run DOCS - but we psychs were not ultimately answerable to them. But it made life very uncomfortable in the office as I was the only psych on a staff of 35 (the rest were social workers).

Anyway, that's just one little example of a common issue - pressure for a 'quick fix'. There's no such thing!!

PS No offence intended to social workers generally - I've known some fabulous ones. :truce: It's just that in the DOCS system I felt they lacked adequate training in understanding the psychological and emotional needs of the clients.

That is interesting.... Because in the reports from last night (for me in USA) the next court date is June 12th...

guess there are now two court hearings to watch for...

June 4th... And...

June 12th...

JMO

I'm wondering if they have separated the court dates .. one for the child *advertiser censored* charges, and one for the murder and related charges. Some MSM caught one date, some MSM caught another date.

:dunno:

I have to agree, the crime - if planned - was badly planned. But then, look at how he left child *advertiser censored* all over his computer. How ineffectively he lied about himself to people he saw every day. Kelsall is NOT a smart guy.

But he is --cunning-- !! Smart and cunning are not the same thing. Look at the likes of Ottis Toole, serial killer, had an IQ equivalent to his shoe size, yet he got away with many murders before he was caught and was also known to be very manipulative.

I think some people who have little control of their impulses (on purpose or otherwise) just get to the stage where the impulse to rape/gamble/cheat/kill/whatever is stronger than their logical mind, which would urge caution.

In my mind, it makes perfect sense that Kelsall, already seriously messed up, developed a crush on a man he saw very often in that little area of shops/pubs/school, perhaps daily. And seeing Morgan inebriated and alone, he got his courage up (after a time - he was watching Morgan from the side-street/alley place for a while, but then had to run to catch up to him at the lights - there's logic giving way to impulse, right there in black and white, on CCTV).

He walks with Morgan a while. Perhaps he figures out, or just feels, that whatever fantasy he's got going on in his head isn't really going to happen. No matter if Morgan is drunk as a skunk, Morgs just is not that into him.... And he feels angry about that.

The rest, well. Whether Morgan let him in or left the door open, 28 stab wounds says 'rage' to me. The robbery (and who robs someone after stabbing them with that level of overkill??) says to me that Kelsall felt "deserving" of both Morgan's life and his possessions.

Psychopath. Nail on the head, Isis.

I don't believe he should be locked away for 20 years. I think it ought to be life, no chance of parole. Let him get all the therapy he needs, while the rest of us and our kids are safe from his pycho *advertiser censored*.

Kitchen hand sexually assaulted Sydney businessman before fatally stabbing him 28 times, police allege

ByCandace Sutton

Published: 13:09 AEST, 16 May 2014 | Updated: 13:09 AEST, 16 May 2014

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-28-times-police-allege.html#ixzz31qqDqsKR

I was extremely surprised to see a large photo of DJK included in the article above. It's my understanding that now that he has been charged, any photos of him should have his face blurred due to sub judice laws.

Kitchen hand sexually assaulted Sydney businessman before fatally stabbing him 28 times, police allege

ByCandace Sutton

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-28-times-police-allege.html#ixzz31qqDqsKR

I was extremely surprised to see a large photo of DJK included in the article above. It's my understanding that now that he has been charged, any photos of him should have his face blurred due to sub judice laws.

That photo isn't even of him!! That's another Daniel Kelsall - he pops up on Google images.

Jeez, he'll love having his face to that article!!:facepalm:

DJK has fuller lips and a different face altogether. Also has curly red hair. Journalism at its finest :banghead:

That photo isn't even of him!! That's another Daniel Kelsall - he pops up on Google images. Jeez, he'll love having his face to that article!!:facepalm:

DJK has fuller lips and a different face altogether. Also has curly red hair. Journalism at his finest :banghead:

Somebody's gonna get sued!

ByCandace Sutton

No the pic isn't him, but because this is a UK article they don't have to comply with sub judice. Shame they picked another DK from the UK, who is a translator it seems.

No the pic isn't him, but because this is a UK article they don't have to comply with sub judice. Shame they picked another DK from the UK, who is a translator it seems.

Yes, I'm sorry about that. I should have looked more closely at the photo. :blushing:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mascaraguns
Back