GUILTY Australia - Morgan Huxley, 31, stabbed to death, Neutral Bay, NSW, 8 Sept 2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, the child *advertiser censored* charges are just disgusting!!:facepalm: And so shocking, on top of everything else!!

DJK seems like a seriously alarming individual!:facepalm:

Once again, I SO wish he'd received effective intervention when he was younger......there MUST have been signs of deep dysfunction when he was younger. This doesn't just burst up out of nowhere......

Morgan really crossed paths with the wrong guy. So much damage in his psyche and so deeply disturbed. :twocents:

Mr Kelsall did not appear in Central Local Court when his case was mentioned on Tuesday, but the court heard he had been charged with additional offences.

Those charges are two counts of producing, disseminating or possessing child-abuse material.

Mr Kelsall is in custody and no bail application was made today.

No pleas have been entered yet.

The case was adjourned until May 15.

Man accused of murdering Morgan Huxley charged with child-abuse material
Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/man-accus...se-material-20140311-34j6x.html#ixzz2vcYbft3W

Well, the child *advertiser censored* charges are just disgusting!!:facepalm: And so shocking, on top of everything else!!

DJK seems like a seriously alarming individual!:facepalm:

Once again, I SO wish he'd received effective intervention when he was younger......there MUST have been signs of deep dysfunction when he was younger. This doesn't just burst up out of nowhere......

Morgan really crossed paths with the wrong guy. So much damage in his psyche and so deeply disturbed. :twocents:

I agree Isisrising. DJK would have been living in his own dark world for some time, probably going back to when he was a little boy.

I agree he is one very disturbed man. It would very interesting to read any recent psych reports on him. I wonder if he will show ongoing pedophilic tendencies? I'm wondering if he was becoming more and more obsessed with sex and needed increasingly violent/shocking things to 'get off'. Maybe starting with regular *advertiser censored*, then child *advertiser censored*, casual hook ups, and somehow it escalated to murder? Thank goodness he is locked up. Hate to think what he would have done if he hasn't been caught.

Btw, I'm not suggesting that casual hook ups are weird. Just that in DJK's case it might be indicative of deeper problems.

Just thinking more about DJK......he may actually be pretty irrational - or else not very intelligent.

If he was thinking logically you'd think that he would have had the forethought to erase the images on his computer and get rid of the hard drive BEFORE he rang the police to hand himself in!!

I've always wondered about him handing himself in too - did he understand the implications of that??!! Or is he kind of simple in his thinking - believing it would be better to contact them and tell them the story that he saw a woman come in after him (which I don't believe for a minute!!) and thinking they'd simply believe that??!

I really wish I was a psych on his case - I'd love to see the personality test results......and hear about his childhood.

I agree he is one very disturbed man. It would very interesting to read any recent psych reports on him. I wonder if he will show ongoing pedophilic tendencies? I'm wondering if he was becoming more and more obsessed with sex and needed increasingly violent/shocking things to 'get off'. Maybe starting with regular *advertiser censored*, then child *advertiser censored*, casual hook ups, and somehow it escalated to murder? Thank goodness he is locked up. Hate to think what he would have done if he hasn't been caught.

Btw, I'm not suggesting that casual hook ups are weird. Just that in DJK's case it might be indicative of deeper problems.

Great point, Brightbird!:seeya:

Judging by some of the stuff on the internet that he's into, it seems he was indeed obsessed by sex and did need violent/shocking things to 'get off'.:facepalm: And that typically does escalate, doesn't it? To get the same buzz, more extremes are needed........:scared:

Just thinking more about DJK......he may actually be pretty irrational - or else not very intelligent.

If he was thinking logically you'd think that he would have had the forethought to erase the images on his computer and get rid of the hard drive BEFORE he rang the police to hand himself in!!

I've always wondered about him handing himself in too - did he understand the implications of that??!! Or is he kind of simple in his thinking - believing it would be better to contact them and tell them the story that he saw a woman come in after him (which I don't believe for a minute!!) and thinking they'd simply believe that??!

I really wish I was a psych on his case - I'd love to see the personality test results......and hear about his childhood.

He has Asbergers doesn't he? Perhaps he lacks the social insight to realize that what he said wasn't very convincing. Like he has trouble putting himself in other people's shoes and taking their perspective. He might be 'book smart' but lacking in social intelligence. I think that fits with his former employer description of him and the way he seems to lived in a fantasy world.

Mind you, people panicking about being caught for murder can say stupid things whether they have mental health issues or not. Either way, I don't think he will be able to plead diminished responsibility because his attempts to cover it up suggest he knew what he did was very wrong.

Still no plea on the murder and larceny charges either. :sigh:

No pleas have been entered yet.
The case was adjourned until May 15.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/man-accus...se-material-20140311-34j6x.html#ixzz2vdlWGEh3

The murder and larceny case was mentioned briefly at Sydney's Central Local Court on Tuesday, where lawyers said additional charges had been laid against Kelsall.

All the matters against Kelsall were adjourned until May 15 at Central Local Court, where details of Kelsall's committal hearing are expected to be discussed.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2014/03/11/13/14/murder-accused-waits-for-evidence

Don't they have to hear a plea before they discuss a committal hearing? Two more months before we find out, I guess. :waiting:

- 15 May 09:30 Mention (Police) Criminal Local Unassigned Central Unassigned R v DANIEL JACK KELSALL 201300302108
- 15 May 09:30 Mention (Police) Criminal Local Unassigned Central Unassigned R v DANIEL JACK KELSALL 201400070850
- 15 May 10:30 Mention (Police) Criminal Local Unassigned Central Unassigned R v DANIEL JACK KELSALL 201300302108

http://searchcourtlists.lawlink.nsw.gov.au/scm/search

DJK is still scheduled for 15th May. Two cases, three appearances.

Thanks for the reminder of the May 15th Details of Committal Hearing!

:judge:

I just refreshed my understanding of Details of Committal Hearings from this link:

http://www.justice.qld.gov.au/justi...-in-court/magistrates-court/committal-hearing

Sounds like there will be quite a bit of evidence revealed in this hearing... Including statements by witnesses...

Could you wonderful Australian WSers remind me if this hearing will be televised/live streamed?

And/or if the contents of the trial will be reported?

TIA...:seeya:

I just refreshed my understanding of Details of Committal Hearings from this link:

http://www.justice.qld.gov.au/justi...-in-court/magistrates-court/committal-hearing

Sounds like there will be quite a bit of evidence revealed in this hearing... Including statements by witnesses...

Could you wonderful Australian WSers remind me if this hearing will be televised/live streamed?

My understanding is that the appearances probably would not be televised (I don’t think we do that here).

And they generally report as much of the hearings as they are allowed. Depends if the judge suppresses any/all details or not.

My understanding is that the appearances probably would not be televised (I don’t think we do that here).

And they generally report as much of the hearings as they are allowed. Depends if the judge suppresses any/all details or not.

I do hope that Journalists treat the Hearing (and beyond) with a little more decency, integrity, transparency and respect than they did with the way they reported at the time of the incident.
Just a hope.
Putting the date in the diary...

Thanks, SouthAussie...

So... It sounds like the sharing of information with the public will be up to the judge....

BBM.

Thanks for clarifying that, Clue!! Good to know :seeya:

BBM.

Thanks for clarifying that, Clue!! Good to know :seeya:

My Pleasure! :sunshine:

I was pleasantly surprised when I was reminded that there is potential for a great deal of information/evidence to be shared at that hearing...

Now... I only hope that the judge decides to share with the public, as well...

:please:

I'm thinking there could be a fair amount of suppression of details before the trial.

MSM will probably go wild sharing the details ... potential jury tainting.
With the additional *advertiser censored* charges, there could be reason to suspect the future jury could be tainted by its publication.
Morgan's family (via the prosecutor) might request certain details be suppressed until the trial.
DJK's lawyer might request suppression of details due to his client having a condition, and publication of details may make things worse in jail for everybody.

Quite a bit of evidence is heard at committal hearings but nowhere near all of it. The rest is saved for the trial if there is one as the hearing basically decides if there is enough evidence to take the case to trial.

An example of our committal hearings & the type of evidence/documents that are released is over in Allison Baden Clay threads.

Over the years there's only been a couple of cases which were streamed live, one very high profile, Lindy Chamberlain. There are moves in some states to have it allowed. From memory, I think it was Gittany case, there was a request for the sentence to be live streamed but it was subsequently knocked back by the judge.

Links to court documents & committal hearing threads...

Bail Hearing Documents *No Discussion* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

***Day 1-Committal Hearing*** 11th,12,13th March 2013 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back