Deceased/Not Found AUSTRALIA - Ms Lesley Trotter, 78, Homicide, Brisbane, 28 Mar 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine the police are trying to determine who legitimately could have touched the bin that Lesley was in, and who should have had no reason at all to touch it.

If Lesley was murdered, and murdered by someone who does not live at the relevant unit complex or someone who had not bin-dived that bin, their DNA should not be on the bin.

The coincidence of Lesley being killed when she had just sold her unit and was due for settlement at a retirement unit does not escape me. There could also be a money motivator for murder. imo

I find that being on a phone call at midnight could also be linked. We just have no background to determine who Lesley might or might not have been speaking with at midnight. Reports say that she last spoke with her brother at 11am that day, so it wouldn't have been him.
I agree. With the DNA on the bin and with money motive. There's nothing to stop Lesley speaking with someone around midnight and then again in the morning. The repeated state of undress early in the morning/sexual assault aspect is a long shot, but it does make me wonder (maybe she thought she'd pop down to the bin before anyone in the neighbourhood was awake). But the timing of her murder (just after sale of unit, but before settlement at Aveo, on rubbish bin day) makes me wonder more - is it too perfect and just coincidental?

I was thinking a stupid thought.

It was to recreate a body in a bin, using an animal's body, and going into the truck where Lesley's body was collected from.
The animal's body could have something in it, like a black box or GPS tracker.

Leaving it for the same amount of time then do a search at the tip. I know that wouldn't find Lesley but might give an idea about her general location and how far down she might be.

The search would cost a lot, but with a GPS or black box, it might be found much more easily.

Then I thought, maybe one day everyone over a certain age would have to have a GPS tracker inside them, like a pacemaker.

Or maybe in the future, every adult would have to have one :eek:

Last edited:

That potentially puts a different spin on a lot of things.

My neighbor, who had previously always looked immaculate, began to wander around without clothing after she developed dementia. She had also always been polite and tolerant, but the dementia turned her into a completely different person who said and did things I never would have expected.

If there's a chance that Lesley was suffering from dementia, it might explain many things she said or did in the months preceding her death, particularly if she hadn't behaved that way previously. And even behavior that had been normal for her, such as sorting the bins, might have become something she was more obsessed with.

It could explain why she was moving to a retirement home, and it might also increase the possibility that her death was a tragic accident or medical episode.

This is unlikely, but what if Lesley had gone down to the bins without clothes on, and jumped into the bin deliberately to hide, because she didn't want to be seen by someone?

That potentially puts a different spin on a lot of things.

My neighbor, who had previously always looked immaculate, began to wander around without clothing after she developed dementia. She had also always been polite and tolerant, but the dementia turned her into a completely different person who said and did things I never would have expected.

If there's a chance that Lesley was suffering from dementia, it might explain many things she said or did in the months preceding her death, particularly if she hadn't behaved that way previously. And even behavior that had been normal for her, such as sorting the bins, might have become something she was more obsessed with.

It could explain why she was moving to a retirement home, and it might also increase the possibility that her death was a tragic accident or medical episode.

This is unlikely, but what if Lesley had gone down to the bins without clothes on, and jumped into the bin deliberately to hide, because she didn't want to be seen by someone?
This is certainly a plausible scenario IMOO.

I don't think Lesley was not wearing clothes on the morning she was seen on the rubbish truck CCTV.

<modsnip: Direct quotes from paywalled articles are not allowed>

"Police have given search crews photographs of the clothes they believe Lesley Trotter, 78, was wearing when she was last seen at her Toowong home."

"

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Lesley was not wearing clothes on the morning she was seen on the rubbish truck CCTV.

"Police have given search crews photographs of the clothes they believe Lesley Trotter, 78, was wearing when she was last seen at her Toowong home."

Do you when she was last seen at her home?

Why would they just believe she was wearing certain clothes if she was definitely seen in them?
It reads like the rest of the articles I guess, ambiguous with poorly chosen words.

The police have seen the rubbish truck CCTV. They would have seen what Lesley was wearing, or not wearing.
It would be pointless to distribute photos of her clothes to the search team if she wasn't wearing any clothes when she was tipped out of the bin into the truck.

None of the articles I've read so far have said that she was only partly clothed.

If so, it could be that some of her clothes were removed by someone.

If she was filmed, LE would know if she was only partly clothed and could probably see any injuries on the unclothed part.

If she had dementia, is it possible that she just forgot to be fully covered before she went out to check the bins.

Last edited:
None of the articles I've read so far have said that she was only partly clothed.

If so, it could be that some of her clothes were removed by someone.

If she was filmed, LE would know if she was only partly clothed and could probably see any injuries on the unclothed part.

If she had dementia, is it possible that she just forgot to be fully covered before she went out to check the bins.
"None of the articles I've read so far have said that she was only partly clothed" - that is true. Being partly clothed might not have happened on the day of her death or it is omitted from police info.

So what happened to Lesley, do you all think, why was she murdered and put in a bin in her neighborhood, or less probably IMO, why was she deceased after going into a bin (did someone lay in wait and disable her as she went to place things into the bin?), based on the evidence and what's been divulged by LE and postulated in the media?

Apologies, I haven't followed her case closely, and am just an "interloper" on this thread, but I have been following the facts of her murder case lately.

Big picture, here is some speculation on my part, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong:

Less Likely, IMO: Someone who knew her or knew of her, whom either didn't like her "interfering" with the trash and recycling or being a "busybody" (sorry, for lack of a better term) in her neighborhood and had a grudge against her, and just decided to "take her out".

OR

More Likely, IMO; This person or persons knew she would be moving on and selling her place at a profit and taking it elsewhere, and they had some scheme in mind, and thought they had wheedled their way into her life to the extent they thought they could get what was hers, and didn't like the fact that she was selling her place and (especially if she had been experiencing some dementia, it's one of he oldest tricks in the book to prey on the elderly) they decided they had to stop her going off? And they could only take advantage of her assets (sorry, if she was gone), and/or took advantage of an opportunity to gain access to her assets (the place she lived in, crazy maybe but, what if they thought they could say "oh, we were helping her and so close and she said she would want me/us to take over her place), so she couldn't (and didn't, wasn't able to) prevail with her move?

I am very suspect of the late night call she was on the night she died, and I am concerned she got a bad feeling about whomever she was maybe "friendly with", and they were threatening her, like "how could you (sell this place we had our tentacles on, we've been your supporters/friends/etc.), and she was calling a third party friend at midnightish, telling them she was afraid?

MOO, and please feel free to correct any wrong notions about this tragedy, TIA !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
malik562