Deceased/Not Found AUSTRALIA - Ms Lesley Trotter, 78, Homicide, Brisbane, 28 Mar 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So they think there may have been an altercation with a neighbour because she was sorting rubbish? I don’t see the issue if she’s the one putting them in the correct bins? Or is she known for continually telling many people off for their incorrect rubbish disposal?

A neighbour commented (in the Courier Mail article) that Lesley would "chase up" the neighbours who left their bins out after collection. That she was complaining but "wasn't over the top".

So they think there may have been an altercation with a neighbour because she was sorting rubbish? I don’t see the issue if she’s the one putting them in the correct bins? Or is she known for continually telling many people off for their incorrect rubbish disposal?
Pretty sad if that is the case ….

A Neighbour said he often saw Ms Trotter tidying up residents’ bins on their narrow street.

“She used to come out and look after the bins. People would leave them out and she kind of tried to tidy that up and tried to chase up the neighbours who didn’t take their bins off the road,” Mr Cunningham said.

He said Ms Trotter’s behaviour didn’t bother him, but was unaware if it caused any tension with other neighbours.

“She was complaining but she wasn’t over the top.

“It’s very strange isn’t it, I hate to think what has happened.”

A neighbour commented (in the Courier Mail article) that Lesley would "chase up" the neighbours who left their bins out after collection. That she was complaining but "wasn't over the top".
I think some who she "chased up" might not take very kindly to that.

Would she have gone to someone's home in the very early hours of the morning to tell them they should have recycled their stuff better ?

Or maybe some resident came out and confronted her.

Last edited:
Something happen when the garbos turned up?
Good thinking M !!!!

Or did somebody dispose of her body into the bins, knowing they would soon be collected ???

I am not sure how many garbo’s per truck in Brisbane … or is it just a driver who operates the truck as it is all mechanical these days???

I hope Police have tracked down the dump location of that particular truck for that day….

imo

The police haven't mentioned the garbage collection truck so I am thinking it may have been ruled out.
The 28th March was a Tuesday …. So the garbage may have already been gone by the time they first looked ?? And possibly the info regarding the bins has only come to light later in the investigation???

Ms Foster was only reported missing that day … last contact with her brother was via phone on the 27th …

JMO

Or did somebody dispose of her body into the bins, knowing they would soon be collected ???
Someone told me that garbage collection trucks now have cameras in them so the driver can see what is being emptied into the truck.
I would say though that it would be time consuming watching what came out of every bin.

Oh bummer, there goes my idea to bin an old tv, just joking :D

Someone told me that garbage collection trucks now have cameras in them so the driver can see what is being emptied into the truck.
I would say though that it would be time consuming watching what came out of every bin.

Oh bummer, there goes my idea to bin an old tv, just joking :D
Thanks for that info … Hopefully at least Police can retrieve that footage … incase the driver was concentrating on something else that day …

This lady was a teacher at my high school. I’m sad that this has happened to her. I’m pretty sure she was an upstanding citizen. People who still hike at 78 aren’t likely to go around causing trouble.

I wonder if something happened to her while she was sorting through the bins. Maybe she was hit by a car? Just dreadful.

“This was a lady looking forward to the next chapter of her life. While she had some anxiety about moving into a retirement village, she was looking forward to that,” he said.

“Something tragic has occurred on that Tuesday morning that’s taking that opportunity away from her.

“But it will take us some days to work through the evidence we have.

“I will be providing further information specifically relevant as to how we know she is deceased either tomorrow or Sunday.”

“We believe her death occurred close to her unit block on Maryvale St, Toowong, and we currently have two crime scenes set up in that area.”

Bins at the property are believed to have been seized as Ms Trotter often sorted recycling

in the rubbish outside her property and at neighbouring properties.

“We have not ruled out that this activity, in some way, is linked to her death,” he said.

“I’ve requested that detectives from homicide join us on this matter, and they have kindly done that. At this stage, however, we do not know if the death is suspicious or not.

Could it be possible that she accidentally fell into one of the bins and couldn't get back out ?

Part 1 of 2 Posts …

I think this is Ms Trotters Unit … (now a crime scene)

5/52 Maryvale Street, Toowong.

You will notice that brick work and the verandah railings match the bin photo ….

From here:

Attachments

• 9CEDBE10-B3FB-4830-B81E-4ACB43F33C7C.jpg
    9CEDBE10-B3FB-4830-B81E-4ACB43F33C7C.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Part 2 of 2 Posts …

Notice the Recycling Bin has number 58 on it ….(Not 52) Could someone have switched the bins after whatever did happen??? So it didn’t look like one was missing??

They appear to be the same bins in front of the same hedge … imo

Photo from Police Update

Attachments

• BB0D967D-50FD-4E16-8930-0CB272A6163F.jpg
    BB0D967D-50FD-4E16-8930-0CB272A6163F.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 23
Unfortunately investigations yesterday afternoon and late into the evening have led us to the conclusion that Ms Trotter is in fact deceased,” he said, adding that her body had not been found.
BBM
I am wondering if Police may know this from a Garmin or an Apple Watch connected to a fitness app of some kind ??? That her heart rate monitor had stopped Or something??

Knowing from the previous article that,

“She is an avid bushwalker and gym attendee. Most days she is doing one or the other. In the past she has conquered the Kokoda Trail and Base Camp Everest … She loves to travel and explore,” she said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck