Deceased/Not Found AUSTRALIA - Ms Lesley Trotter, 78, Homicide, Brisbane, 28 Mar 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was one of the neighbours I would be going over the actions of the other neighbours.
Or maybe to someone in my own household who was acting strangely. And may have burned some of their clothes, or given their car a good clean, in the early hours, when usually they didn't care much how it looked.

Did I see one of them taking anything like a rolled up carpet or bedding to their car.
Burning something, digging, washing down any area.

But then again, I have been on Websleuths for quite awhile so I know all kinds of things are possible and even the most unlikely person can do some awful things.

Or maybe I have developed a suspicious nature :)

We have a guy locally that’s referred to as the can man who goes through everyone’s bins for recycling to return and earn and stacks it into his personal trolley.

I’m just wondering if there was someone similar up there who maybe went and liberated the recycling in that street to get money and she could have disturbed them, or maybe challenged them about leaving the area a mess when collecting.

I can't imagine all the things Lesley may have seen, when making sure the right content was in the right bin.

Maybe she saw something that shouldn't have been in any bin at all. Of which the possibilities are many.
I wonder what she would have done about that. And if that is what caused her disappearance.

We have a guy locally that’s referred to as the can man who goes through everyone’s bins for recycling to return and earn and stacks it into his personal trolley.

I’m just wondering if there was someone similar up there who maybe went and liberated the recycling in that street to get money and she could have disturbed them, or maybe challenged them about leaving the area a mess when collecting.
Do we know that this wasn't what SHE was doing? Since they put in the 10c rebate here in NSW, a lot of the people I've seen doing it in public, apart from people who seem to be sleeping rough, are OAPs. It's tough out there right now, and I image ten or twenty dollars worth of cans and bottles helps keep a lot of people from just eating instant noodles and toast for every meal.

We, personally have two little wheelie bins on our back verandah, one for glass and one for plastic/cans/cartons. Between the four of us, we drink kombucha which comes in glass, mineral water that comes in cans and plastic, and I drink a lot of iced tea which comes in plastic. When they get full up, our housemate decants them into big ikea style bags and drives them to the collection machines. She uses the rebate vouchers to buy snacks, treats, or supplies for her kids (she and my mother are both primary school teachers). Lesley was a teacher, right?

MOO

Yes I've never actually heard of anyone who goes around sorting other people's rubbish into the right bin, but I've heard about lots of others who collect the bottles and cans for the money back.

We had an older man from another country who used to do that, and my friend got talking to him one day.
He was saving up for one last trip to his old country.

This was a few years ago and I had moved and I never saw him after that.

I hope he made it for his trip.

I suppose the actual worse thing you could find in a bin is a human body.
Or a dead protected animal, or drugs. Or maybe photos of a certain kind.

Being civic minded, I am thinking that Lesley wouldn't think twice about reporting whatever she found.

I wonder if Lesley ever took photos of the bins and their contents ?
I’d be annoyed if a neighbour looked through my bins and told me I wasn’t doing my recycling properly, if she did this, she may have interfered in other aspects of her neighbours life as well.
Getting up at that time of the morning to go through neighbours bins seems over the top.

Her bin monitoring activities have been known to case some angst

“There were people who were unhappy about that process and, certainly, there had been some complaints made with respect to that activity,”

“I think part of the concern was the transferring of the recyclables into the recycling bins. In doing that activity, sometimes people’s trash would be left on the roadway or outside the general waste bin, and that would cause some angst among some people.”

Blood samples found at a neighbouring unit blocks bin area have been sent for forensic testing.

He said police had not yet determined whether Trotter’s disappearance was suspicious, but they were confident the retired teacher had died.

Investigators were deliberately keeping their reasoning close to their chests, he said, “until we exhaust our inquiries”, but he hoped to be able to provide more details to the public by Tuesday afternoon.

Investigators hope to reveal on Tuesday why they believe she died, with the Easter long weekend hindering their investigations.

Last edited:
I just google-walked this Maryvale Street/Clayton Lane area.
This is one time that I am glad that google seems to photograph its street views on rubbish day.

It appears that Lesley's unit block - and some other residences - put their bins out on Clayton Lane (behind their units, where their garages are).
With some other Maryvale Street addresses putting their bins out on Maryvale Street.

Perhaps Lesley carried out her recycling sorting activities on both Maryvale St and Clayton Lane.

Personal comment: if we put our bins as close together as the Clayton Lane bins are, we would get a notice on our bins saying that they must be a metre apart! Our street residents have received these notices in the past. In fact, at one point, the council came around and put yellow dots on our street, signifying "THIS is where you put your bins". :D
It must have really been ticking off the rubbish collector, our bins being too close together.
I spent many years in and around Toowong And surrounding areas. As you probably saw from the google walk Clayton Lane is the backend of a lot of the apartments on both Meryvale street and Sherwood Road. While there are a lot of apartments and people coming and going, It is quite isolated down there compared to Sherwood Rd and Meryvale St. Sherwood Rd is very busy and Meryvale St is often used as a thoroughfare to avoid Sherwood Rd. People who live there are usually the only people venturing down Clayton Lane.

I am just getting up to speed but It’s hard to believe she might have been killed over recycling! Perhaps she reported residents to the council and they were issues fines? this may have angered people and possibly angered the wrong person?

One scenario I can imagine is if there was a disagreement, which lead to an altercation and she was pushed or something like that. Her apartment block has a drop off which is where the car ports are. It doesn’t take much to seriously hurt or kill a 78 year old With a push, punch etc.

To murder someone over incorrect recycling is just beyond my comprehension

I spent many years in and around Toowong And surrounding areas. As you probably saw from the google walk Clayton Lane is the backend of a lot of the apartments on both Meryvale street and Sherwood Road. While there are a lot of apartments and people coming and going, It is quite isolated down there compared to Sherwood Rd and Meryvale St. Sherwood Rd is very busy and Meryvale St is often used as a thoroughfare to avoid Sherwood Rd. People who live there are usually the only people venturing down Clayton Lane.

I wonder if it is an area for petty crime ... break-ins and theft?

I notice in some real estate rental ads (average of $700 p/wk rent) that Maryvale Street is a "short stroll to Toowong village, train station, cafes, shops and much more". link

The police are calling for "anyone who was near Maryvale Street between midnight on March 27 and midday on March 28 to contact police".

Perhaps they are seeking knowledge of petty criminals who may have been in the area at the time.
Or perhaps they are seeking knowledge about a resident POI's movements that night and the following morning.

“We have some strong lines of inquiry [about the body’s location] that, I believe, will come to fruition,” Massingham said.
(from Tootsie's recent SMH link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members