Found Deceased Australia - Nick Eade, 36, Sydney, 26 Nov 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
WOW - this is a quiet case indeed - I just came across it.
I know the Northern Beaches very well - worked, lived, business there some years back.

I dont believe the text message is from Nick Eade - or if it is he was prompted to send it. Too much information - which doesn't say anything but buy time until the disappearance is reported. The 'Love you heaps' at the end seems contrived. To be having the 'greatest day ever' is so over the top to making sure that everything is more than fine (spectacular) certainly would take any worry away that anything was wrong, or be excused if someone was late in getting home.

I think the reason there was no media coverage was possibly because he was at 'work'. A similar thing happened in the Gary Tweddle case with his employee Oracle. Details were scant and untrue in MSM - Police said little to nothing about the case, yet there was a lot of work going on behind the scenes. It is easier to control the media when you are the media. It would mean the company he worked for have some responsibility for his where abouts.

I found this piece of information interesting:
SMH - Read more...‘‘Originally, I thought he might have been mugged in Redfern but the car was found. I'm now thinking maybe he had some depression. I really wish I knew the answers.’’

It seems to me (Just my opinion) that his work that day was in Redfern. Redfern is in the innercity circle - across the Harbour Bridge on the Southern side of Sydney - it has a high crime rate and although has 'calmed down' over the years due to the business district expanding and new development it would still be a place to keep cautious (lock your car/leave no valuables in car etc).

He could have been car jumped in Redfern - it has happened - and his car taken and dumped at Cremorne.

If Police took so long to get the word out - it was possible they were following other leads - not necessarily thinking he had just gone AWOL.

-----

...and adding to the discussion about being a Missing Person and being found - the only person who is notified of your disappearance is the person who reported you missing. They do not have to know where you are - but are told you have been verified as being 'you' - that you are safe - and that either no further contact details can be given (if you dont want to make contact).

There is one catch here... if you are the Missing Person, Police have no obligation to tell you who reported you Missing - which is problematic on a few levels.
If you dont know who made the report you maybe relucant or deny to giving permission for further contact.
If it was someone you loved - you wouldn't know, if it was someone you were scared of - you wouldn't know.
Not many will take the chance that its someone who cares about you if you have an axe wielding mother-in-law or kooky husband/sister/great aunt (;)) looking for you. Easier to say - just tell them I'm alive and OK.

So, some Missing People do deny contact - for their own perceived self safety - which can be detrimental when it was your nice grandmother looking for you and who made the report.

All Just my Opinion :)

It gets so confusing sometimes. Thing is, I have seen on occassion where mainstream media news quotes from Facebook posts, (especially the Missing Person's Facebook site) for their news articles. Can we use those Facebook post quotes too if they appear in mainstream media?

Sorry to do this, but Trish, Nick's wife does make mention in mainstream media that though he has no history of depression, that the possibility of something like mental issues may be what has happened and could explain his disappearance. But she does say that she doesn't know nor has the answers. I figure that is easier for her than to be thinking that he may have met with foul play... So I'm not sure how far we are permitted to take her comments... ?

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/nick-eade...tv-producer-20131213-2zaxq.html#ixzz2npL20tWD

Interesting question Blue Bottle re the facebook quotes in media reports. They seem to be doing that quite a lot lately. I've put the query to Admin, will get back to you as soon as time allows.

As for the depression etc...yes his wife did state she "wondered" about that but there is nothing definite in any reports which mention he had any form of mental health problems. So we'll leave that out of discussions for now to avoid it all of a sudden becoming a fact further on.

If anyone has any further questions please feel free to send either myself or any of our other mods a PM.

It seems to me (Just my opinion) that his work that day was in Redfern. Redfern is in the innercity circle - across the Harbour Bridge on the Southern side of Sydney - it has a high crime rate and although has 'calmed down' over the years due to the business district expanding and new development it would still be a place to keep cautious (lock your car/leave no valuables in car etc).

He could have been car jumped in Redfern - it has happened - and his car taken and dumped at Cremorne.

If Police took so long to get the word out - it was possible they were following other leads - not necessarily thinking he had just gone AWOL.

-----

All Just my Opinion :)

SBM

I wonder if there'd be many businesses in that area with CCTV?? I imagine police would have checked them out??

Good ole CCTV...they've provided so much information in so many cases, especially recently.

SBM

I wonder if there'd be many businesses in that area with CCTV?? I imagine police would have checked them out??

Good ole CCTV...they've provided so much information in so many cases, especially recently.

I know that in the shopping central area, there is CCTV - also shops have their own cameras.
I wish there was a close-up of the Koi Tattoo - it is very distinctive and bright, and large.
I wonder if they knew who his tattoo artist was they could see if he/she took a photo of the tattoo they did for Nick. Most tattoo artists have a portfolio of their work.

Photo of the Koi tattoo....

936541_179805985549117_39997555_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Missing-Person-Nick-Eade/179404175589298

Closeup/enlarged shot of the Koi tattoo from pic above...

Very interesting thought there, FigTree, re the text message possibly not being from Nick himself... That hypothesis hadn't occurred to me before.

What I know about the case from msm is that that text message to his wife was sent at 1.45pm. There was also mention that Nick left work 'early' that day (in obvious conflict with the txt message indicating he'd be home later than ever), but it was not stated at precisely what time he left work.

Apparently Channel 7 has studios at Eveleigh, which is just next to Redfern, so that's the locale of his actual workplace. I would presume that there would be cctv footage around the studios, interesting to know if he appears on there...

I would also have thought that Redfern having the reputation it has for muggings etc, that there would be cctv cameras in the streets around there...

As for the detail in the txt message, yes, there does appear to be lots of focus on the minutiae of his day at work, to some degree apparent self assessment of how he performed in the 'food meeting' relative to other meetings, and how good his day was. I guess his wife would pick up better than anyone whether she felt the message was authentic or not...
If we go with a hypothesis that it wasn't him who sent it, then - unless the info was coerced out of him - the sender would obviously need to know the identity of his wife, what he was doing at work that day, and what his normal leaving/home arrival time is, as all of that is incorporated in that message. Strange...

I wonder whether police fingerprint dusted his car??

Also found it odd how the phone was left in the car. If it is just Nick deciding to vanish and abandon any contact then, yes, I guess that might send a message. If it was someone else leaving his phone in the car, then they'd have to be pretty certain there is no incriminating evidence in that phone. Say, if a potential 'other person' was known to Nick in any form...
As for a variation on that theme, that being that a complete stranger ambushed Nick, then it's kind of odd that they'd drive the car to Cremorne and, still, that they'd leave the phone in the car. They might as well steal the phone!

My mind's still ruminating over all of this...

Whilst about 35,000 people supposedly go missing in Oz every year (of which a majority are found relatively quickly) - I am always struggling with the concept of HOW a person can actually successfully plot, plan and effect such a disappearance!!

In the instances where no foul play is involved - so let's assume that is the case with Nick for the sake of this argument - HOW can one sustain this? How do they get by?

What intentions would they have - just to get away for a while, or permanently? Hide their identity or take on a new identity?

They must have to interact with someone - for clothes, shelter, food, money. What do they do about all the unpaid bills that mount up while they've 'disappeared'? These days, so much can be tracked - as we can see even in this case with the ATM activity at Brookvale. With so many distinctive tattoos, it wouldnt be that easy for Nick to be totally incognito.

If someone wanted to put an end to their life, why go through the charade of staging a disappearance? Same for if they wanted out of a relationship, marriage, job etc - wouldnt it be easier to just cut to the chase and do it in reality, without the burden that must come with plotting and sustaining this 'missing' status??

As an aside, I kind of find it funny that the text message makes no mention of his children, especially the two year old that he has with his current wife. Just ignores that. Only 'love you heaps xx' to the wife. That could lend some credence to the message perhaps not being from him or him possibly being 'stood over' in the process of writing it.

Hi Pushka!:seeya: I live near you and I had exactly the same reaction when I saw his picture - I felt like I'd seen him around - his face is very familiar to me. If he isn't on TV, maybe he is hanging up out here in the Northern Rivers? Lots of people do head up here to 'disappear' for a while.....
Hi Neighbour!!!

Closeup/enlarged shot of the Koi tattoo from pic above...

Thankyou so much Marly!
That's a better shot!
Its such a remarkable tattoo that even if Nick looked facially different (beard, moustache, head hair) - that tattoo is unmistakable.

Interesting question Blue Bottle re the facebook quotes in media reports. They seem to be doing that quite a lot lately. I've put the query to Admin, will get back to you as soon as time allows.

As for the depression etc...yes his wife did state she "wondered" about that but there is nothing definite in any reports which mention he had any form of mental health problems. So we'll leave that out of discussions for now to avoid it all of a sudden becoming a fact further on.

If anyone has any further questions please feel free to send either myself or any of our other mods a PM.
Fair enough. Thanks for that and definately interested to know the outcome.

It was never published in mainstream media, (to what I have found), that Police made that request of no more media reports about Nick Eade being missing. Apparently it was to Nick's wife that they made the request to and thus, the 'No more media' message comes from Nick Eade's Missing Facebook site, not from mainstream. So I figure discussing the 'no more media' issue is also out of bounds. ? (Unless someone cames up with a media news link?)

There is a thread here which in some ways stays with me in that an update nor any outcome was never published in any media to what I have found. A police request for public help was sent out because of concerns for the safety and wellbeing of this missing 16 year old. And then that's it. No update, no outcome posted and now it seems as if her name has been removed from the Police Missing Persons list.

Knowing that the police have no obligation to report publically when they do locate a missing person, it could very well be that this girl was found and that she, (and maybe her family too) have made a request for privacy. And seeing that it doesn't seem that her family made a Facebook Missing persons page like Nick's family and friends did, we as the public have no chance of ever knowing the outcome.

Australia Australia - Ama Saemo, 16, Nth Parramatta, 7 May 2013 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

There have no reports or articles about Nick in mainstream media for days. I wonder now, in Nick's case, if we will never hear anything 'officially' more of this (unless something dire is discovered), that it too will just eventually fade from public view. Eerie in some ways... it was very slow and took many days before any mainstream reports came out about him missing and then it all just died down... though I do have the distinct impression Nick Eade is still missing.

Knowing that the police have no obligation to report publically when they do locate a missing person, it could very well be that this girl was found and that she, (and maybe her family too) have made a request for privacy. And seeing that it doesn't seem that her family made a Facebook Missing persons page like Nick's family and friends did, we as the public have no chance of ever knowing the outcome.

Australia Australia - Ama Saemo, 16, Nth Parramatta, 7 May 2013 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
There have no reports or articles about Nick in mainstream media for days. I wonder now, in Nick's case, if we will never hear anything 'officially' more of this (unless something dire is discovered), that it too will just eventually fade from public view. Eerie in some ways... it was very slow and took many days before any mainstream reports came out about him missing and then it all just died down... though I do have the distinct impression Nick Eade is still missing.

Resectfully snipped by me...

Yes, I tried to follow Ama's case for quite a while - once she was removed from the Police Database I assumed she had been found. Same goes for 11 y.o. Electra Doyle - no news.
There are so many Missing People without msm reports or follow-ups, while huge S&R are going on we don't see any media. Take for example Prabhdeep Srawn, a Canadian Military Reservist missing since May in Kosciuszko National Park. An 18 person handpicked crew of Searchers were brought over to Australia from Canada at the expense of the family within the last 3 weeks to search - they went home Wednesday. Any Australian msm? No. Only the family's diligence on Facebook, and CBA Canada. (links below)

I hope there is further news as to Nicks whereabouts - or outcome.
I hope for a happy ending to this story - how ever long it takes.

Fair enough. Thanks for that and definately interested to know the outcome.

Ok advice from Admin is, you can discuss the facebook comments if they're in a MSM report. The link must be provided. We don't allow screenshots from facebook but if they're also included in MSM reports you can link to those.

Any further questions please send PM & we'll get back to you when time allows.

http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/news/l...vdi5hdSUyRm1lZGlhJTJGMzQ3MTkuaHRtbCZhbGw9MQ==

"Police continue investigations to locate missing man"

Sunday, 22 December 2013 12:57:59 AM

Police are renewing their appeal for information into the whereabouts of a man who went missing from Dee Why in November.

On the morning of Tuesday 26 November, 37-year-old Nick Eade left his home in Dee Why to go to work at Redfern.

Mr Eade failed to return home that night and was subsequently reported missing to police.

Detectives from Northern Beaches Local Area Command have been conducting extensive inquiries into his disappearance and found his car unattended in Hampden Street, Cremorne.

They have made inquiries with hospitals and medical centres while also monitoring his bank accounts where there have been a number of transactions.

Strike Force Annie has now been established to investigate Mr Eade’s disappearance with numerous reported sightings of him in the Northern Beaches area, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and South Australia.

Police are continuing to review and verify these reports in an attempt to locate Mr Eade while also canvassing hotels and motels in the area.

They are renewing their appeal for information about his welfare and whereabouts.

Nick Eade is described as being of Caucasian appearance, 170cm tall with a stocky build, shaved head and a large tattoo on his left arm.

Police are urging anyone with information about this incident to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or use the Crime Stoppers online reporting page: https://www.police.nsw.gov.au/. Information you provide will be treated in the strictest of confidence. We remind people they should not report crime information via our Facebook and Twitter pages

I hope this is ok to post?
The part that said that the police "have made inquiries with hospitals and medical centres while also monitoring his bank accounts where there have been a number of transactions." stood out most to me.

Also thought it a bit unusual to issue a press release at basically 1 am on a Saturday night. Not sure if that is too late for the media to pick it up for Sunday papers. Timing is important for press releases normally, but either this is ?standard, or what??

Anyway, thought others might be interested to see the press release.

Further to my previous message, one comment in the press release may shed light on one possible reason why it seems there has been less msm coverage of this case for the last few day (and possibly the late night timing of the press release), the part in the press release that indicates there have been possible sightings basically across the country. Maybe too much press coverage on a case generates such a huge amount of general interest, and thereby a greater proportion of unuseful responses for the police, and thus drowns out the more likely actual sightings. Don't know. Just an idea. Seems like a wide geographical range of places where Nick Eade was possibly sighted, as noted in the press release. I'm sure that requires a lot of police work to follow up those leads in so many places.

http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/news/l...vdi5hdSUyRm1lZGlhJTJGMzQ3MTkuaHRtbCZhbGw9MQ==

"Police continue investigations to locate missing man"

Sunday, 22 December 2013 12:57:59 AM

Police are renewing their appeal for information into the whereabouts of a man who went missing from Dee Why in November.

On the morning of Tuesday 26 November, 37-year-old Nick Eade left his home in Dee Why to go to work at Redfern.

Mr Eade failed to return home that night and was subsequently reported missing to police.

Detectives from Northern Beaches Local Area Command have been conducting extensive inquiries into his disappearance and found his car unattended in Hampden Street, Cremorne.

They have made inquiries with hospitals and medical centres while also monitoring his bank accounts where there have been a number of transactions.

Strike Force Annie has now been established to investigate Mr Eade’s disappearance with numerous reported sightings of him in the Northern Beaches area, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and South Australia.

Police are continuing to review and verify these reports in an attempt to locate Mr Eade while also canvassing hotels and motels in the area.

They are renewing their appeal for information about his welfare and whereabouts.

Nick Eade is described as being of Caucasian appearance, 170cm tall with a stocky build, shaved head and a large tattoo on his left arm.

Police are urging anyone with information about this incident to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or use the Crime Stoppers online reporting page: https://www.police.nsw.gov.au/. Information you provide will be treated in the strictest of confidence. We remind people they should not report crime information via our Facebook and Twitter pages

I hope this is ok to post?
The part that said that the police "have made inquiries with hospitals and medical centres while also monitoring his bank accounts where there have been a number of transactions." stood out most to me.

Also thought it a bit unusual to issue a press release at basically 1 am on a Saturday night. Not sure if that is too late for the media to pick it up for Sunday papers. Timing is important for press releases normally, but either this is ?standard, or what??

Anyway, thought others might be interested to see the press release.

Thank you so much for finding this, Melrose :seeya:. Super helpful info!

He's obviously alive and well, isn't he? Bank transactions, sighted across the country. He seems to have just done a runner (unless he's in the throes of mental illness that people don't yet know about.......).Hopefully there is some resolution for his poor family soon :please:

Does anyone know what the Police protocol is for the setting up of a Strike Force? That they are getting more focused and closing in, or the opposite?
When I first read about the number of bank transactions and mention of hotels etc in the press release, I thought he may be together with someone else - an 'accomplice' or also possibly held against his will, then the mention of hospitals and med centres tends to suggest otherwise - but what?? That police think he's travelling around the country but sick, or that he may be in a position where he could get or has been injured??
I've also been thinking a lot about the idea of his phone being left in the car... All JMO but could it have been confiscated from him, or if he's on his own, he didnt want to be gps trackable? ... How does one get by without a phone these days though??? Perhaps he has assumed a new identity or adopted an alias and has a new one?
An increasingly weird case.
The fact that police mention northern beaches, Brisbane, Perth and SA as reported sighting locations give me the impression that those represent either multiple reports or they are otherwise deemed somehow more substantial and worth mentioning, as there may well be stacks of others that people call the police about. If there's anything to these, then wow, he's covered a lot of ground in one month...
All JMO.

The fact that police mention northern beaches, Brisbane, Perth and SA as reported sighting locations give me the impression that those represent either multiple reports or they are otherwise deemed somehow more substantial and worth mentioning, as there may well be stacks of others that people call the police about. If there's anything to these, then wow, he's covered a lot of ground in one month...
All JMO.

Respectfully snipped by me...

Personally I think some of the sighting calls in other States could be a 'run around' to confuse the issue - and I would then easily associate that behaviour with hospitals and medical centres.
But what if the sightings are authentic and he is travelling around? Unless Police investigate these leads, they will be deemed as not doing their job - its a no win situation for them - but who is spending the money and which ATM's are being used? Only ones which dont have a security camera - Im not sure that's possible - they all have security of some form on them.

The call-ins to the Police for sightings are too far spread out - it makes me think that all this is taking place in New South Wales.

I've been following this closely, too, and have had a few thoughts...all pretty random at the moment.

The fact that Nick sent an SMS basically telling his wife not to expect him and then left early suggests that either he was up to something secretive, or alternatively he may have sent that message fully intending to work late and then something came up that changed his plans.

There doesnt seem to be any indication that Nick might have been depressed, although some men are very good at hiding that sort of thing. I wondered what might be at Cremorne. If someone was wishing self harm, are there any lookouts or that sort of thing nearby? I really hesitate to suggest such a thing, but I guess it's something that needs to be considered and hopefully discounted.

The cheerfulness of his message might be just that,or it could be that phenomenon one hears of sometimes when someone who has been struggling makes a decision to act and then feels unburdened. A lot of people seem to go into the bush or somewhere to end things in the misguided hope of sparing their families the knowledge or discovery of it. I certainly hope this isn't the case but it would explain how he could just "disappear". But on balance I think it unlikely. He seems like a happy guy who loved his wife and no doubt his girls, and had a job he enjoyed. To be indelicate, I'd have thought they'd have found his remains if this was the case.

The best argument against him having come to harm is the bank activity. Hopefully that's a great indication he is still alive. Of course, someone else could be using his card. I am not sure what percentage of ATMs have cameras. I'd have thought most. If there have now been a number of transactions, I'd have thought police likely have vision of it now. And if the person using the card is not Nick, they'd have put the image out there to try to track down the thief.

Back to Cremorne...There seem to be schools nearby - wonder if his older kids might go to school nearby. Or if the location was a place to dump the car and get on public transport to somewhere.

The money makes me think this may not have been planned, because if I was intending to disappear I would withdraw cash steadily in bits before my planned departure. Or take the whole lot out.

I don't know about those sightings. Cover up Nick's tatts and he has one of those sort of familiar faces, looks like a lot of guys.

If this wasn't something Nick planned, it seems something made him get up from his desk and leave. I'd be surprised if a big guy like Nick could be forced or enticed to leave a no doubt fairly secure workplace and be somehow coerced to stay away from his family. And what motive would someone have to do this?

Anyway, like I said a lot of random ideas. I hope his wife has him back home soon. I think the most likely thing is he's going through something but out there somewhere, maybe confused. I can't imagine anyone not being touched by what his wife is going through right now.

Hey I just looked at a map, since I don't know Sydney so well. I wonder if it's significant that if you follow the events, the seem to lead Nick toward home if I'm not mistaken. Redfern, then the car in Hampden Avenue, Cremorne, then the bank withdrawal in Brookvale...and doesn't he live in Dee Why? As if he was somehow trying to get home. But he left the car and the phone. Perhaps he's confused but trying to get home? If he's hiding, it seems a bit odd he'd go as close to home as Brookvale on the 9th. Wonder if he used an ATM he customarily uses.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl
Back