Found Deceased Australia - Nick Eade, 36, Sydney, 26 Nov 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sad tragic news and not the desired outcome by any means and one which can be difficult to understand and come to terms with.

Peace to Nick and healing thoughts for all his family. :rose:

Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing.
And when you have reached the mountain top then you shall begin to climb.
And when the earth shall claim your limbs then shall you truly dance.

Kahlil Gibran

A body couldn't be on Shelley Beach for a month and not found. It's very popular. The old St Patrick's seminary - now International school of management - looks down on the beach. Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban were married in the chapel there.

Perhaps he was depressed. Might explain why he sounded so 'upbeat' as indicated by his wife. In other words, perhaps he had made his mind up at that time but instead wandered around for a while. Maybe he stayed at motels some nights. Perhaps the large amount of money may have been to purchase a final drug dose ?? I haven't read that he was found in the water. I also wonder if he was found in the bushland surrounding Shelley Beach and not actually on the beach, but it was the closest landmark to report ? I also have not stopped thinking about the dread and panic his wife must have been going through these past weeks. Very devastating all round.

I wonder if he washed up there, from somewhere else?

This really is very odd. I was thinking suicide. But then why withdraw 2 grand?

I don't think robbery, or they'd have forced him to remove -all- the money.

His poor wife and kids. Terrible enough news, let alone at Christmas time.

He could have been further around the corner where the rocky area is - people go there to fish, but you have to beware of the tide. But it could have been the tide that brought him to the beach - though 'being found on the beach' is different to being washed up on the shore.
Possibly the limit the ATM would allow him in 24hrs is $2000.
:(

Maybe he owed someone money, withdrew the cash and paid and realised he was in too deep? It's a very odd situation. I wonder how they can say no foul play so quickly - perhaps he left a note in the car?

he didn't withdraw $2000 - that was a different Nick, different thread

Thanks for the Google map of shelly beach Figtree.
Thanks for the latest article JudgeJudy.

Now it makes more sense. Based on yesterday's news I had pictured Nick lying on the beach either from an intentional or accidental drug overdose. Jmo.
It does sound like suicide. Sadly. Not that surprising given all the 'hints': work satchel left on desk. Phone left in abandoned car... In one of my initial posts I think I said I noticed there was a lot of self assessment about his work performance in his last text message. Jmo but my guess is that he may have been in some way disillusioned with work and not found a way out of that.
If he was depressed, sad that he didn't discuss that with his wife or family or seek treatment. His wife seemed to have no idea. No one seemed to.
It's ironic how ppl with depression keep things to themselves the worse they feel. That can then only cut them off further from help, support and options.
It was unusual, though, how he still seemed to be 'around' for a little while after going missing. Again Jmo but am fairly sure it was him making those bank transactions. Possibly making some kind of 'final arrangements'?
All very tragic. There are probably lots of ppl he left behind asking themselves now whether they might have picked something up sooner. ..
Moo.

This is a timeline taken from the Missing FB page -

THIS IS WHAT WE KNOW:
26 Nov Nick sent a loving text to wife Trish in the afternoon and said he’d be home at 7pm that evening.

30 Nov Reported sighting of Nick at Mullumbimby RSL and Byron Bay area

09 Dec Activity on his account at a Brookvale location, however it remains unconfirmed that it is him using the card - no CCTV to confirm and it could be someone else we are unsure.

10 Dec Nick’s car found in Cremorne, been there for at least a week due to parking tickets. His phone is in the car.

<modsnip>

There was activity on his account after he was last seen, but the amount hasn't been released.

:scared: ah, confusing! were the two threads muddled? my capacity for reading closely is hampered by all the Xmas folderol.

But there -was- bank activity from this Nick, yes?

I find it peculiar that his body has turned up so long after he went missing.. in such a public place. And at the foot of a cliff... jumped? Was thrown? Dumped? So many questions here..

:scared: ah, confusing! were the two threads muddled? my capacity for reading closely is hampered by all the Xmas folderol.

But there -was- bank activity from this Nick, yes?

I find it peculiar that his body has turned up so long after he went missing.. in such a public place. And at the foot of a cliff... jumped? Was thrown? Dumped? So many questions here..

Yes Ausgirl, there was bank activity from this Nick, Nick Eade, after he went missing. Varying accounts of whether it was from an ATM or some other means, eg internet, but there was activity but we dont know what the transactions were for or how much.

Due to police reporting in msm that they do not believe the death was suspicious and the most recent report that he was found at the bottom of the cliff, my estimation is that he jumped. Also the fact that there are references to LifeLine at the end of the msm reports.

It also occurred to me that, yes, he could have had financial problems. Just moo, but in that case there might have been a greater chance that his wife would have known about there being a problem. Unless he had a secret gambling habit or the money was going elsewhere undisclosed. Perhaps he felt burdened by having 3 children to support (there were two from a previous marriage), which he would not have been able to do, without continuing to work, and perhaps he didnt feel he could do that...

Yes, many questions. Some people are very good at masking depression.
May Nick rest in peace.

I really thought he was still alive :(

Given that there are no suspicious circumstances, I agree with something another poster said - that he was suffering from some form of mental illness and was undecided about suicide. It's hard to make the facts fit another theory :(

This is such a sad outcome. I have had many special family picnics at Shelly Beach over the years. I will never forget the first time I came across the many memorials along the cliff at the top of the car park behind the beach for the many tortured souls who could not find another way out.
Depression and mental illness is so hard to understand for those left behind. As a community I think the more we talk,enquire, pester if we must with our loved ones, the better.
Men, especially struggle with talking about these issues. Make yourselves an available to listen with compassion and without judgement. You may just save a life!

I'm just thinking his older daughters might come across this thread...whilst it's natural to wonder about the "why", I think we need to be careful about unintentionally saying anything that might add to their grief.

Oh my goodness! This is just so sad.
Rest in peace Nick. Sending love and support to all of his loved ones.

The Facebook Page 'Missing Person Nick Eade' has just posted confirmation that the person found on Shelly Beach was Nick Eade. There is a fundraiser site set up also.

I'm just thinking his older daughters might come across this thread...whilst it's natural to wonder about the "why", I think we need to be careful about unintentionally saying anything that might add to their grief.

Hey I am the eldest daughter and all of this was actually quite interesting to read. I didn't even know this existed until today. While this did bring back a lot of memories and some things made me upset it was still interesting.

I know how old this case is and there hasn't been a post in three years if anyone actually comes across this it was just a suicide. He left four notes for myself, my sister, Trish, and then a basic letter for everyone. There was no foul play involved for everyone that thought that. And my mum (not trish) did think my dad was Bipolar.

Thanks everyone.

Hey I am the eldest daughter and all of this was actually quite interesting to read. I didn't even know this existed until today. While this did bring back a lot of memories and some things made me upset it was still interesting.

I know how old this case is and there hasn't been a post in three years if anyone actually comes across this it was just a suicide. He left four notes for myself, my sister, Trish, and then a basic letter for everyone. There was no foul play involved for everyone that thought that. And my mum (not trish) did think my dad was Bipolar.

Thanks everyone.

Thank you for the update. May your dad rest in peace. Sending much love to you and your family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl
Back