Australia Australia - Novy Chardon, 34, Upper Coomera, Qld, 6 Feb 2013 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops - sorry from me too. It's so easy to get carried away, especially in this case. I wonder why a possible name protection or other restrictions weren't clearly mentioned during the court session but admittedly I just bumped in to what seemed almost like a private court session.
There's a strange split where the media on one hand is reporting details of the charges with personal identifiable information (somewhat) removed and on the other hand details of the bail conditions with full name but without details of the charges. Perhaps they are just as confused as I am. :confused:

An open court is an open court. The courtroom was not closed, therefore the information is on the public record. The media didn't report it because they didn't turn up until the closing minutes and missed the information. I am an eyewitness of this event.

I think we'd have to see any suppression order about the unmentionable charges to know what they are allowed to report. I think there is a suppression order on this case.

Does anyone know the reason for the suppression order this time around? I have worked in the legal industry for many years, and can assure you that they are not granted lightly.

This is pure speculation, but perhaps it is in anticipation of him possibly being trialled in relation to Novy's disappearance - so as not to subject a potential jury to prejudice?

Does anyone know the reason for the suppression order this time around? I have worked in the legal industry for many years, and can assure you that they are not granted lightly.

This is pure speculation, but perhaps it is in anticipation of him possibly being trialled in relation to Novy's disappearance - so as not to subject a potential jury to prejudice?

I have no idea but that does make sense to me...

LadyD'enah,

O/t I think I need new glasses. Trying to swipe a fly of the screen until I realised it was an avatar of someone jumping on a trampoline . Lol

I think we'd have to see any suppression order about the unmentionable charges to know what they are allowed to report. I think there is a suppression order on this case.
It does indeed seem so yes. Because of the nature of a suppression order we probably won't know what it contains before the charged is found guilty (or not guilty).

OOH good point!

.. and I hope so.

Happy New Year everyone - hope we will see a significant development in this case in the new year. God bless Novy and her kids.

News. John Chardon named today and indicted to stand trial on historical rape charges and those relating to indecent treatment of a child under 16.

This must have slipped under my radar as I thought he was due back in court 24th Feb to face (other) new charges.... perhaps that is still in the wind.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...-on-rape-charges/story-fnje8bkv-1226800713443

The first matter is due back 31st Jan to set a trial date. And I'm wondering about bail conditions.

News. John Chardon named today and indicted to stand trial on historical rape charges and those relating to indecent treatment of a child under 16.

This must have slipped under my radar as I thought he was due back in court 24th Feb to face (other) new charges.... perhaps that is still in the wind.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...-on-rape-charges/story-fnje8bkv-1226800713443

The first matter is due back 31st Jan to set a trial date. And I'm wondering about bail conditions.
Yes it was on the News Tonight in Rockampton about it.

FINALLY we can talk about "those" charges!!!!

"three counts of rape, four counts of indecent treatment of a child under 16 and one count of indecent treatment of a child under 16 in care."

In care?? In -whose- care? His care?

WHY on earth would the courts allow Novy's children to be in the custody of this man, if he's been charged with child rape???? Makes me feel a bit sick.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ld-abuse-charges/story-fnihsrf2-1226801044386 A sliver of chatter outside court - John Chardon has had 5 wives!!!

Trial date to be set on 31st January.

I'm ... dismayed. But somehow - not - surprised.

I wonder if the other three managed to survive the marriage.

I can't even say what dark thoughts and questions run through my mind when I think of this man. And look at his age... how long has he been mistreating women and kids, and getting away with it?

FINALLY we can talk about "those" charges!!!!

"three counts of rape, four counts of indecent treatment of a child under 16 and one count of indecent treatment of a child under 16 in care."

In care?? In -whose- care? His care?

WHY on earth would the courts allow Novy's children to be in the custody of this man, if he's been charged with child rape???? Makes me feel a bit sick.

I would like to know if there was a step-daughter JB in the home, as the victim was not one of his own children. (victim's name was read out in court)

I was guessing step-child, too.. which would mean a marriage or defacto wife, between his two dead wives, Maureen and Novy.

....from the get-go, this guy made me see red. From day 1, I have thought he killed Novy, but it's more than that.. my gut feeling has always been that this man was guilty of much more. I hope whatever can of worms he's been hiding his secret abuses in is flung wide open. I am pretty sure there'll be other victims in there, somewhere.

I was guessing step-child, too.. which would mean a marriage or defacto wife, between his two dead wives, Maureen and Novy.

....from the get-go, this guy made me see red. From day 1, I have thought he killed Novy, but it's more than that.. my gut feeling has always been that this man was guilty of much more. I hope whatever can of worms he's been hiding his secret abuses in is flung wide open. I am pretty sure there'll be other victims in there, somewhere.

There were two wives in-between Ausgirl - no children of those marriages apparently.

Well, thank goodness for small mercies that there was no kids between them. The women may have had their own kids, though, prior to the marriage.

That's a pretty rapid turnover, isn't it. Maureen dies in '96. Then new wife, another new wife, and then met Novy in 2001. And somewhere in there, he was raping somebody's teenaged daughter in '98-'99. Gods only know what he got up to on his business trips to SE Asia, foul creature.

I would just LOVE to hear what the other ex wives have to say about this man.

MM - just an extra bit of thanks for your work on this case, and the info. :)

Here's the info for those who were wondering about suppression orders...

Chardon was charged with the offences in May last year, but he could not be named publicly until he was committed to stand trial.

http://www.news.com.au/national/mis...hild-sex-charges/story-fncynjr2-1226801516582

31st January when he faces the judge for a trial date is Chinese New Year. Have a good mind to take a few tom-thumbs... for the footpath of course. ;)

My thoughts too went to his Asian trips. Wonder what he got up to there. Seems like he is obsessed with sex. Or control of women.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop