Australia Australia - Novy Chardon, 34, Upper Coomera, Qld, 6 Feb 2013 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
7 days and counting... I saw a girl quite similar to Novy's daughter at the Christmas Carols in Broadwater Parklands this weekend - couldn't stop thinking of Novy and her kids. Nearly one year since they lost their mother and first Christmas without her. So sad....

I dropped by Southport Magistrates Court today and got confirmation that he is scheduled for court 16 December 09:00 court 9.

Last time I enquired they had two "matters" listed as applications for that day but one of the matters has now been confirmed for "call-over" this day. This matter actually covers a total of 4 charges. The other matter is still listed as an application for a "mention" and includes a total of 8 charges. They seemed confident that both matters would be presented on 16 December as the application status on the second matter is, I believe, merely for technical reasons.

Once again I was told that some parts might include witness statements by a child so I should expect some special circumstances (closed doors) for parts of the session but in general they expected the public to be allowed access.

Just be sure that I actually heard right I asked again "So it's a total of 12 charges?" - the reply was "Yes, 12 charges"

Good -is there any chance you or someone you know could attend on Dec 16?

Thank you for your input here, it's great to have locals as well as Novy's friends to talk to about the case.

I wonder if MSM will jump all over any 'guilty' findings? I sure hope so.

I dropped by Southport Magistrates Court today and got confirmation that he is scheduled for court 16 December 09:00 court 9.

Last time I enquired they had two "matters" listed as applications for that day but one of the matters has now been confirmed for "call-over" this day. This matter actually covers a total of 4 charges. The other matter is still listed as an application for a "mention" and includes a total of 8 charges. They seemed confident that both matters would be presented on 16 December as the application status on the second matter is, I believe, merely for technical reasons.

Once again I was told that some parts might include witness statements by a child so I should expect some special circumstances (closed doors) for parts of the session but in general they expected the public to be allowed access.

I wasn’t sure what call-over meant … apparently it means ... "The judge will allocate a trial date at the callover."

http://www.courts.qld.gov.au/inform...a-trial-date-callover/callover-district-court

And iirc the Mention in the other matter generally means a plea is entered, and a committal date is set if he pleads not guilty. If he pleads guilty a sentencing hearing is set.

Like Ausgirl said, thanks for checking up on these things Good! It is great having a local here who is interested and willing to do these things. :tyou:

4 charges … and 8 charges … sounds as though Qld Police are going to hammer John W Chardon with everything they can! :clap:

Good -is there any chance you or someone you know could attend on Dec 16?

Thank you for your input here, it's great to have locals as well as Novy's friends to talk to about the case.

I wonder if MSM will jump all over any 'guilty' findings? I sure hope so.

Thank you! Yes, there's a very good chance that I will be attending

Waiting for court 9 to open - JC is listed to appear - not much MSM to be seen

You can both play 'spot the WS'er' ! :floorlaugh:

Thank you both for doing this, looking forward to your updates. :heart:

Now in court 6 as one of the few members of the public. 8 charges have been read aloud. 4 more is set for an application for cross examination of witnesses on 24/2-14

<modsnip> At least it was good to hear that his access to the two younger children had been restricted since May and I suspect (hope) that this access will still be closely monitored and within strict time frames - although the bail conditions now open up for it being without supervision. I sure hope the "fixed patrols" have a very tight schedule.

The shared interest / possible accomplice theory that includes the two adult daugthers also cannot be removed based on what was presented in court today.

BTW: I had a nice chat with Mountain Misst after the surprisingly short court session so we did succeed in "spotting the WS'er".:)

Court 9 was a long list of different matters, many charged persons and their representatives - lots of noise and hard to hear what was said and apparently no members of the media present. The charged Upper Coomera man wasn't present either (saw him pass by with his lawyer going to another room before the court 9 session). However I managed to hear what seemed to match his charges being allocated to court 6. I quickly got out and found court 6 which was an almost empty room. The session in court 6 lasted less than 15 minutes (more like 10 minutes). It seems a few news reporters arrived in the very last minutes of the session but I doubt they have much to report on as the only outcome was a change of his bail conditions and a new court date of 24 february 2014.

Hi team. There is nought I can add really to Good's excellent reporting, apart from one thing.
For those who challenged his ability to get around, I made particular note of JC's physical appearance. He is quick on his feet; is shorter than I expected; has a huge belly but the rest of him is wiry and he progressed with extra-long strides.
I can assure you that he is a man who could stride it out on a walk from Oxenford to Upper Coomera, no worries.

<modsnip>.

I fear for those kids. :( Wtf is up with our courts and the protection of minors?

Anyway, many more thanks to you both for attending & reporting. Now I guess it's just a matter of more waiting to see what happens.

Thanks also to the attendees. I saw it confirmed in the court list for today but only now has there been a report through - much as said above, matter adjourned till "next year". Will try to find out a bit more.... like, "when" next year, and will it be another mention... when today as I understood it from earlier reports was to be the start of the committal.
http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...n-over-christmas/story-fnje8bkv-1226784099437

<modsnip>

BBM Chardon's bail restrictions specified that he not move from his current address in the interim. Next court appearance is 24 February for four of the charges - cross-examination of 24 witnesses.

Oops &#8230; I&#8217;m sorry marly. I knew that too &#8211; and I think I forgot for a moment! Thanks for the reminder!

It is just so refreshing to see some progress in the cases - and hear that someone is keeping an eye on Novy&#8217;s children, at least to some degree. This all must be so very difficult for them, and I hope they are able to relax and be kids as much as possible.

Oops - sorry from me too. It's so easy to get carried away, especially in this case. I wonder why a possible name protection or other restrictions weren't clearly mentioned during the court session but admittedly I just bumped in to what seemed almost like a private court session.
There's a strange split where the media on one hand is reporting details of the charges with personal identifiable information (somewhat) removed and on the other hand details of the bail conditions with full name but without details of the charges. Perhaps they are just as confused as I am. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop