Australia Australia - Novy Chardon, 34, Upper Coomera, Qld, 6 Feb 2013 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this news article dated May 20, 2013 that I think could be related to the case:

"A 65-year-old man has been charged on the Gold Coast today with rape and child sex offences dating back 15 years.
Police charged the Upper Coomera man with three counts of rape and five counts of indecent treatment of a child under 16 years of age after several alleged incidents in the late 1990’s.
It is believed the alleged offences occurred during 1998 and 1999. He will appear in Southport Magistrates Court tomorrow."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...s-after-15-years/story-e6freoof-1226647153928

Try to Google a certain last name adding the text "three counts of rape and five counts of indecent treatment of a child under 16 years of age"....

The saddest thing about charges such as these is that the charged person, no doubt, still has access to young children - and may very well have custody and care of young children.

It seems that we should err on the side of caution and keep children away from people such as this man, while the slow court process decides if he is guilty or not of the charges.

In relation to the movements of Novy's vehicle, I did a test run. It works, no accomplice needed. I'll leave out the addresses as I don't have the media links to hand.

Distance from first location where the vehicle was left overnight in Oxenford to the Chardon home, was quite walkable. The walk back also quite easy - all flat walking.

Trip from second vehicle location was a short stroll to Nerang train station, caught a train to Coomera (2 stops) then another walk from Coomera station to the Chardon home.

In relation to the movements of Novy's vehicle, I did a test run. It works, no accomplice needed. I'll leave out the addresses as I don't have the media links to hand.

Distance from first location where the vehicle was left overnight in Oxenford to the Chardon home, was quite walkable. The walk back also quite easy - all flat walking.

Trip from second vehicle location was a short stroll to Nerang train station, caught a train to Coomera (2 stops) then another walk from Coomera station to the Chardon home.

Thanks MM! Great that you did a test run!

So if police have checked CCTV from Nerang and Coomera stations, it is possible that they have very telling images from relevant times/dates. That is fantastic. So all it would take is for him to leave two frightened or sleeping children at home for a while - easy for him to do IMO. He wouldn't be the first murderer to do that (GBC).

It may take police a while to get a case built ... but it sounds as though it is very possible. Circumstantial cases with no body have been tried before, with success.

Thank you for sharing your test run with us Mountain Misst. Very good point indeed.

I'm quite sure it's possible to track when and where Novy's iPhone was turned off. That would give police a good indication of when and where the crime took place. I'm unsure as to what detail the telco providers are logging the historical movements of a phone but it's perfectly possible they have a log of the movements of the suspects phone as well.

On a side note I found an interesting write about NSA's tracking of cellphones here:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...076278-2b71-11e3-8ade-a1f23cda135e_story.html
"FBI is able to gather the location of suspects’ cellphones by obtaining warrants from a court" - quote by NSA Director Keith Alexander. As I read it the data is already available if needed but NSA is trying to downplay whether a general data collection is taking place. Keep in mind that Telstra has agreements in place to follow US domestic laws.

The saddest thing about charges such as these is that the charged person, no doubt, still has access to young children - and may very well have custody and care of young children.

It seems that we should err on the side of caution and keep children away from people such as this man, while the slow court process decides if he is guilty or not of the charges.

"If you have a reason to suspect a child in Queensland is experiencing harm, or is at risk of experiencing harm, you need to contact a Child Safety Services’ Regional Intake Service."
http://www.communities.qld.gov.au/c...fety-service-centres/regional-intake-services

I called these guys today. They were, to say the least, not very interested in the results of my Google searches and news clips. The conclusion must be that someone close to the family, preferably a family member, has to make the call. Hopefully the right people already took action on this case although it seems it's actually possible for a person on such serious charges to be released on bail using arguments of sole custody and care of young children.

"If you have a reason to suspect a child in Queensland is experiencing harm, or is at risk of experiencing harm, you need to contact a Child Safety Services’ Regional Intake Service."
http://www.communities.qld.gov.au/c...fety-service-centres/regional-intake-services

I called these guys today. They were, to say the least, not very interested in the results of my Google searches and news clips. The conclusion must be that someone close to the family, preferably a family member, has to make the call. Hopefully the right people already took action on this case although it seems it's actually possible for a person on such serious charges to be released on bail using arguments of sole custody and care of young children.

Thanks for doing that Good - at least if anything else comes up they have some sort of record and hopefully will be on their radar. But I will say that their lack of interest really does P me off...............

It gives me comfort to know that so many people out there are thinking and praying for Novy. I hope that the case will be solved soon. I wish that we knew what was happening with JC's other charges. I drive past Kopps Road often, and never without a thought for Novy. I will always remember you, Novy.

In November last year the Queensland government introduced mandatory sentences related to guns, including a minimum 18 months jail for illegal firearm possession.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/police-wa...gal-weapons-20130128-2dgyo.html#ixzz2k0OOdo7B

Attorney-General Paul Lucas has revealed he is "concerned" about the sentences being handed down to child sex predators and has directed an independent sentencing umpire to determine if the punishment in Queensland fits the crime.

Data obtained from SAC reveals that although the maximum penalty for maintaining a sexual relationship with a child, incest and sodomy of a child in the care of the offender is life in jail, the median sentence handed down by courts since 2005 was just six years.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...neral-paul-lucas/story-e6freoof-1226096022287

Southport Magistrates Court confirms that an application has been made for our prime suspect to face court for two matters on this day.

I wish someone could confirm whether JC still has custody and care of his two younger children. How a murder suspect on such serious other charges could be released on bail to take care of his children is beyond me. Every single alarm bell and whistle should have sounded already back in May - and if not then, they sure should have sounded in October when illegal firearms charges were added to the mix.

Novy, if your listening to us from heaven, I'm afraid we don't have good news for you. While John probably will be behind bars in the future for one reason or the other a family tragedy is still currently unfolding and your kids need urgent help. I have serious concerns for their safety and I fear every day might potentially add a new murder, abuse or suicide to the sad, sad story. Please let somebody find your remains and some evidence of who did this to you or let your killer confess to what he did. We need an end to this nightmare and we need it now. Every second counts.

Novy, a certain photo from your Facebook page with the text "Stay away from me" keeps haunting me. I think maybe you knew something. Something Maureen also knew in her final hours.

I would like to see JC go away for at least 7½ years on his other charges. And be housed with a charming snitch who he will brag to about how (and where) he hid Novy.

Novy deserves a funeral or memorial. Her children deserve to know that she did not leave them, and never, ever would have.

Well, Dec 16 isn't -that- far away now.. I can't wait til after, so we can discuss it all.. and ofc, to see what happens there.

And YES -- it's horrible to think of Novy's kids being told she just abandoned them, which I have NO doubt is what's been happening. :( Poor kids..

Novyfriend, good to see you again. :) Do you know if the search for Novy is ongoing, or have the local police put it on a backburner?

I sadly think that the poster who suggested she was in the ocean is probably right, or in a barrel somewhere. Or both..

I think JC had a very clear motive (the divorce/kids) as well as means and opportunity, and I think charges of murder will eventually be brought against him, with or without Novy's body.. Or at least, I truly hope they are.

I drove by Kopps Road and the house today. There's actually quite a distance. The distances below are measured from the nearest point of Kopps Road as I don't know the exact reported position of the vehicle. I noticed a deserted area near a transformer station where it would be possible to park a car at night time without causing too much attention - in the nearest end of Kopps Road and where I measured the distances from. Another possibility could be near what seemed to be a small creek 150 meter east of Saltwater Boulevard.

I'm beginning to doubt if the first vehicle location is valid information. It's quite a walk for a man of his age and fitness level and it might cause too much attention as it's not really an area prepared for pedestrians and definitely not a place where people would normally go for a walk at night time. There might not have been much traffic on the night between Wednesday and Thursday on the few possible roads from Kopps Road to the house but I'm sure someone in the few cars that inevitably would have passed him on his 2 hour walk would have noticed it.

dkqyT.jpg

IRVph.jpg

With an accomplice or taxi involved it seems more doable but it would mean two additional trips with a high risk of putting himself behind bars sooner than later. I tend more to believe the car might have been moved directly to its final destination. Theoretically it could even have been parked in the garage and first moved a night or two later - making it even more difficult for the police to know what time interval they should review CCTV recordings for - if not already overwritten.

I've been unable to find the minimum CCTV recording retention times for Queensland Rail but legislation for taxi security cameras in Queensland prescibes a current "system capture time" of 32 hours before recordings are
overwritten. http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/~/media/b...itycamprog/taxisecurityprogrampolicypaper.pdf
Our suspect has clearly had time on his side in more than one aspect :maddening:
At least I'm pretty convinced that we will see him behind bars :jail: in the near future. He's sure in for a hard time....

It's worrying how little public attention this case has had in the media lately. It's even more worrying that our suspect has actually reasonably well succeeded in keeping himself out of the attention of the general public. Most locals here know nothing of the additional charges he's facing. Luckily that's about to change.

While we wait for news: Let's send a silent prayer to Novy and her kids. May god keep his hands over those poor kids and time find justice and a proper resting place for Novy :prayer:

BTW: It seems a guardian angel has, literally, done what she could to keep Novy's kids out of harms way.

Unfortunately I can't elaborate but people close to the family would know what I mean if they read this forum. My deepest respects and greatest thanks go out to that guardian angel. Keep strong and know that you have the entire community behind you. No matter what will be said we will never see you in a different light than what a true hero deserves. We can't thank you enough :bowdown:

BTW: It seems a guardian angel has, literally, done what she could to keep Novy's kids out of harms way.

Unfortunately I can't elaborate but people close to the family would know what I mean if they read this forum. My deepest respects and greatest thanks go out to that guardian angel. Keep strong and know that you have the entire community behind you. No matter what will be said we will never see you in a different light than what a true hero deserves. We can't thank you enough :bowdown:

Any guardian angel watching over Novy's beloved children is the BEST angel in my eyes! Please keep them safe from harm, please let them know deep in their hearts and minds that their mother did not leave them .. and never would have.

MISSING Gold Coast mum Novy Chardon loved her young children too much to simply disappear, says her own mother in Indonesia.

Growing up in the Surabaya region, a young Novy had dreams of running her own childcare business.

"She loves children very much," Mrs Aler said.

"All children, but especially her own children. That is why she never would have run away.

"It would have been impossible for her to leave them behind."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...story-e6freon6-1226589487287?from=public_rss#

With arrest after arrest, and conviction after conviction happening in SO many of the Aussie cases posted here, it really gives me hope that something good is happening for Novy's and there will be an arrest soon!

Good - THANK YOU for the news about the kids and their 'angel'. :) That really cheered me, I'd been so worried about them.

It's almost 10 months now since you disappeared ... where are you Novy? If only someone could stumble on something to help the police out.

Jy5Nn0a67W.jpg

Catching up.
Have read Mountain Misst's post about her trial run but I have to agree with Good - IF NC's car had that intermediate parking in Kopps road (and we don't know if police got any other information to support that) then I really can't see JC leaving it there and walking home. Apart from the distance, he certainly doesn't look fit and he's a smoker.
The firearm charge was a newy on me though.... thanks to the one who spotted that.

Only 2 more weeks till he's back in court! Geez, I hope he is put away for a good handful of years at least, and I hope it happens on 16th December. None of this periodic detention crapola. Then maybe someone will talk, and give police the info they need to find Novy and charge him.

I keep remembering how some neighbours heard a gunshot the night that Novy disappeared. I wonder if they have the murder weapon among the illegal firearms they confiscated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roberasparrow