Australia Australia - Novy Chardon, 34, Upper Coomera, Qld, 6 Feb 2013 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"We belive the vehicle was collected, driven away and returned about six minutes later and parked on the opposite side of the road"

If her own car was used for dumping her body... well, here's where it was found (A) and an example (B) of what six minutes drive looks like according to Google maps:

http://goo.gl/maps/cnnCh

Lots of forest, lots of water..

I can't think why else they'd take her car for six minutes and then return it to the exact same street... Maybe dumping those stickers, her personal identifying items, as a last-minute thing? A thorough search in that six minute radius might still turn up -something-...

Good thinking... It would be even less than a 6 minute radius though as they have to return the car.

Sent from my HTC One SV using Tapatalk

Ha! Quite right! You can tell I hadn't had my morning coffee yet. :propeller:

Three minutes there and back? If they stuck to the speed limit... That's an even smaller area, though, which is good, narrows things a bit.

It's just a very strange thing to do, move her car and return it. I can't think why else they'd do it, unless to use it to dump Novy/her belongings/the car stickers..

Good thought about the moped earlier, too. I wonder if the car 'breaking down' was a ruse to explain their presence in the area while Novy's stuff was sorted through/disposed of?

I think Chardon killed Novy, cleaned the carpet and then left the rest for his accomplices to clean up. And I'm guessing those were people he trusted to say -nothing- about it. People real close to home...

Ha! Quite right! You can tell I hadn't had my morning coffee yet. :propeller:

Three minutes there and back? If they stuck to the speed limit... That's an even smaller area, though, which is good, narrows things a bit.

It's just a very strange thing to do, move her car and return it. I can't think why else they'd do it, unless to use it to dump Novy/her belongings/the car stickers..

Good thought about the moped earlier, too. I wonder if the car 'breaking down' was a ruse to explain their presence in the area while Novy's stuff was sorted through/disposed of?

I think Chardon killed Novy, cleaned the carpet and then left the rest for his accomplices to clean up. And I'm guessing those were people he trusted to say -nothing- about it. People real close to home...

Highland Park is just a hop, skip and a jump; a previous neighbourhood of JC.

Lots of forest, lots of water..
The location of the car is surely the reason why police searched Nerang River and bushland around Bowden Court. However, there's a theory out there that the body was disposed off at an "industrial facility in Loganholme" and the car deliberately was dumped in the opposite direction to decoy investigators.

Given the short timeframe for planning everything was probably not 100% well considered initially. SOMETHING in that car might have had to be reloaded onto another vehicle after a day of thinking things through. Perhaps Bowden Court wasn't an ideal place for reloading things from one vehicle to another so someone chose to move the car instead and reload it somewhere less public. I passed by Nerang station today and you really don't need to walk or drive very far to be in the middle of nowhere. A one minute walk from the station of Boulton Road (opposite side of the station to Bowden Court) and you're walking in fields with grassing cattle. It shouldn't be hard finding a place within a 3 minute radius from Bowden Court where things can be reloaded discretely and it sure helps if you're familiar with the area :poke:.

I would imagine a body placed for 24 hours in a black car in the Queensland heat would be traceable by investigators so I tend more to believe that it was some of the bags and personal belongings that needed to be removed in order to support the story of Novy taking off. It probably wouldn't support the story very well if she left all her belongings, magnetic stickers and bags in the car before taking the train. Even less so if the bags were packed with an odd mix of clothes. And why would she take her iPhone and Samsung tablet with her just to leave both in the car?

What certainly was considered initially was that the car shouldn't be found too easily, which is why it wasn't dumped at Coomera Station (the obvious choice if Novy was to take the train by her own will) and also why the magnetic stickers were removed. Dumping it at a train station would also support the story of Novy taking off. A train station north of Coomera might have led investigators in an uncomfortable direction so why not choose one a good bit south off Coomera where the area is also wellknown to the killer and his accomplices?

Speaking of personal belongings - here's the list that was released about a year ago:

* A red and a black suitcase;
* a black Chanel handbag with gold chain and gold 'C' logo;
* a beige leather Prado wallet;
* a dark vinyl make-up bag;
* brown 'bug-eye' sunglasses;
* a brown Louis Vuitton key wallet with Volvo key;
* a silver watch;
* Samsung Android tablet;
* iPhone
* red shorts, khaki singlet and cream ballet-style shoes she was wearing when last photographed at a Coomera service station on the night of February 6.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...rdons-belongings/story-e6freoof-1226588609169

The missing Volvo key and the movements of the car could very well be key to the case.

As one mentioned in regards to how John handled a news reporter. How friendly a reception had John planned for Novy when she came home that night? The fact that the clothes she was wearing that Wednesday are also missing tells me she was killed wearing it and shortly after she came home at around 10.30pm to 11pm. We're not looking at a time of death in the early morning hours Thursday or even past midnight. This was all part of the welcome reception and the kids would most likely be well asleep already. (my own son is about the same age - could potentially have been a class mate to Alex - he wouldn't wake up at that time even if the house exploded).

"There would have been significant discussions and planning with the persons involved"
http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video/new-information-on-disappearance-of-gold-coast-mother/xbmxigm

I think the police has a VERY good indication of who are involved. John's call log probably shows an interesting pattern of phone calls to/from people really close to home that he can explain he was talking to because of Novy missing or in some other practical regards. If Novy was missing why didn't he call some of her friends instead of booking air tickets for the kids straight away? Did he try to call Novy at all? Why that sudden urge to clean the carpets?

The Brisbane Times article below mentions the tickets were booked at 8.45am but in the latest Nine News interview with the police they mention the tickets were booked at 7.45am. Just 45 minutes after John found Novy missing(!).
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...nes-mark-grim-anniversary-20140205-321xo.html
http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/article/8805441/police-try-to-track-novy-chardons-killer

I wonder if Novy came home that night to an angry husband who said ‘your bags are packed, that is all you are getting from me, you came with nothing and you’re leaving with nothing, now get out of here, don’t come back, and don’t even think about trying to claim any of my assets’ – as he sat there with a threatening illegal gun by his side.

An argument ensued, Novy was shot and killed, and a cover-up had to quickly be put in place.

It could account for the apparent indecisiveness about where to dump Novy’s car and what to leave in it. A car is much harder to get rid of than a body – or the items that were initially left in it.

It would be interesting to know if an accomplice lived a very short distance from Bowden Court. Somewhere close enough for a perp to quickly drive there from Bowden Court, say ‘come to Bowden Ct and help me, bring your moped, I was going to take a train home but I could be caught on CCTV’ and quickly drive back again (all within 6 mins) without being seen at their residence – thereby avoiding traceable use of his switched-off phone.

I wonder if Novy came home that night to an angry husband who said ‘your bags are packed, that is all you are getting from me, you came with nothing and you’re leaving with nothing, now get out of here, don’t come back, and don’t even think about trying to claim any of my assets’ – as he sat there with a threatening illegal gun by his side.

An argument ensued, Novy was shot and killed, and a cover-up had to quickly be put in place.

It could account for the apparent indecisiveness about where to dump Novy’s car and what to leave in it. A car is much harder to get rid of than a body – or the items that were initially left in it.

It would be interesting to know if an accomplice lived a very short distance from Bowden Court. Somewhere close enough for a perp to quickly drive there from Bowden Court, say ‘come to Bowden Ct and help me, bring your moped, I was going to take a train home but I could be caught on CCTV’ and quickly drive back again (all within 6 mins) without being seen at their residence – thereby avoiding traceable use of his switched-off phone.

Forensics surely would have done a DNA test of the vehicle driver's seat and controls, so we could reasonably expect JC's DNA (as owner) to be present, however if there was someone else's DNA present, then we have a possible accomplice.

My suggestion would be that Novy's car was in that particular place, due to the close proximity to a train station and an easy exit. If that is possibly correct, then we have one person moving the vehicle and one person alone.

I'm going for the red-herring theory with the vehicle location.

Forensics surely would have done a DNA test of the vehicle driver's seat and controls, so we could reasonably expect JC's DNA (as owner) to be present, however if there was someone else's DNA present, then we have a possible accomplice.

My suggestion would be that Novy's car was in that particular place, due to the close proximity to a train station and an easy exit. If that is possibly correct, then we have one person moving the vehicle and one person alone.

I'm going for the red-herring theory with the vehicle location.

I agree that he wanted people to think that Novy left her expensive Volvo SUV, and took a train from Nerang to somewhere.

Bowden Court is where the car was dumped/found. I think Chardon drove Novy’s car there, then an accomplice (and/or a moped) could have been needed to get him home again. Did he tee something up with an accomplice earlier, or do it in that 6 mins that the car left and returned in? Or did he walk all the way home?

If Chardon took a train to Upper Coomera, or a taxi from Nerang station, I would have thought he'd be caught on CCTV or remembered by a taxi driver.

Wasn’t the car seen sitting somewhere else as well for a day or two? Behind a theme park or something? I wonder how that comes into play. And I wonder who was driving it then, if Chardon was out of the country.

It's a puzzle. :waitasec:

Wasn’t the car seen sitting somewhere else as well for a day or two? Behind a theme park or something? I wonder how that comes into play. And I wonder who was driving it then, if Chardon was out of the country.

Yes, Novy's car was reported seen on Kopps Road just behind Movie World. I also remembered it as initially being reported parked there for a day or two. There has been a bit of confusion in regards to the timeframe and whether the information was valid or not but maybe it was in fact a valid sighting of the car just with a much shorter timeframe than we had anticipated.

"Members of the public reported seeing Ms Chardon’s Volvo travelling along Kopps Road, Oxenford, behind the Movie World theme park, on the night she vanished."
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...nes-mark-grim-anniversary-20140205-321xo.html
"Police are urging anyone who may have seen the vehicle or anyone associated with the vehicle, on Kopps Road (which runs behind Movieworld and is semi-rural), between 11pm Wednesday February 6 and 6pm Monday February 11 to contact Crime Stoppers."
http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/2013/02/21/update-4-missing-woman-upper-coomera/
"We have reason to believe that the vehicle may at some stage [have been] in Kopps Road at Oxenford, which is a road that runs in behind Movie World out at Oxenford, it's a semi-rural, sort of isolated area," said Detective Superintendent David Hutchinson.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-02-21/novy-chardon-latest/4532686
"A search will be conducted at Kopps Road at Oxenford today as part of the investigation into missing Upper Coomera woman Novy Chardon."
http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/2013/02/22/search-at-oxenford-missing-woman-novy-chardon/

The information we have now is that while it may have been seen travelling (or shortly parked?) at Kopps Road, police believe the car was dumped at Bowden Court, Nerang already around 2am on Thursday, February 7, 2013. Kopps Road is about one third of the way from Bridie Drive, Upper Coomera to Bowden Court, Nerang. The shortest route would have been taking the motorway but maybe there was a reason for doing a detour. A short stop to remove the stickers perhaps?

Also by that morning I assume kids were up early like most kids, surely if there were visitors, they would have informed police of the comings and goings for that morning. This would help police determine which other people were involved.
I wonder if John used his phone to contact people for help, again if he did, there are obviously records of who he contacted between those crucial hours. Much of this of course we have not been made privy to and police may already know all this.
I wonder if any of her luxury items are in the hands of another family member.
Also seems like most of the stuff missing had some metal, might be a long shot but if all items were disposed of with Novy, could a metal detector pick this up.

Breaking news breaking news !!!!

On channel 7 nightly news in Brisbane just now ( 6-55pm approx ) they have had a breaking news announcement that police are currently searching a Mount Nathan ( at least that's what I think she said the place was called ) house as part of the investigation into the disappearance of Novy Chardon.

Fingers crossed the mystery is getting closer to being solved for this poor ladies family and friends.

@9NewsBrisbane: #BREAKING: Police are searching a property at Mount Nathan in relation to Novy Chardon’s disappearance #9NewsAt6 http://t.co/UoQGBR2iiF

I've found this just incase there needs to be a link to the news tonight ;)

Here's hoping there are finally some answers for the family.

Oh my goodness that is terrible !

I hope they find something from this but please don't let her be buried in a backyard :(

I suppose John Chardon is booking flights as we speak !

Oh my goodness that is terrible !

I hope they find something from this but please don't let her be buried in a backyard :(

I suppose John Chardon is booking flights as we speak !

According to the articles I have read he is already overseas :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member