Australia Australia - Novy Chardon, 34, Upper Coomera, Qld, 6 Feb 2013 #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the secret star chamber hearings had a lot to do with how the info was discovered. Then once they checked with people living on Eden Park Court, they were able to confirm that a car was indeed buried there.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/...8b41649c40c7d!2m2!1d153.3480723!2d-27.9928201
Upper Coomera to Eden Park Court, Mt Nathan
Upper Coomera to Bowden Court, Nerang (where Novy's SUV was found)

And Movie World, where they thought the car was, is almost in the middle.

I hope he is in a country that we have extradition laws with

I hope he has had a friendly look-out keeping an eye on him, or even a lovely piece of ankle jewellery. And that some pre-arrangement was done with o/seas authorities .... if we need to bring this man back to Oz, will you hold him for extradition?

I sure as heck hope he is not in Indonesia again. :facepalm:

How the H3LL does someone, a prime suspect in a murder case and in the midst of 8 charges of sexual crimes against children get to go overseas??????

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...al-on-sex-charges-in-july-20140131-31rdd.html

The husband of missing Gold Coast woman Novy Chardon will face a trial in July on child sex charges.

John Chardon, 66, has been committed to stand trial in the week commencing July 14 after a brief mention of his case at the Southport District Court on Friday.

Chardon is facing eight charges of sexual crimes against children, which are alleged to have occurred between 1998 and 1999.

Precisely! I can only guess how many poor little asian children he's been sexually molesting over there and getting away with it. Probably the reason he goes! Sick $%%^$&@!

I have to say.....WHAT took these neighbours so long to report that?! That's incredibly suspicious. Wouldn't someone usually inform the police straight away if they saw that? I am not very impressed with the neighbours TBH.

so sad for Novy's children, family and friends.

Why was he allowed to leave the country? wasn't he up on some charges already?

Yes, indeed he was - since May last year:
"three counts of rape, four counts of indecent treatment of a child under 16 and one count of indecent treatment of a child under 16 in care."
http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...-charges-in-july/story-fnje8bkv-1226814876596

Since October last year:
"FIRST ON NINE: John Chardon, husband of missing woman Novy Chardon, fronts court on firearms charges"
https://twitter.com/TessaScott9/status/392890643262865408

He's been under strict bail conditions in regards to contact with persons under the age of 16, long list of persons he's not allowed to contact, being present for scheduled patrols, etc.

UNBELIEVABLE they can allow him to travel overseas :banghead:

I bet he's not showing up for his court appointment in two weeks time (a mention on 18 March @ 9am in Southport Magistrates Court)

Only good thing is he can expect to be haunted down by Interpol - but potentially there could be yet another waiting game ahead.

I guess the VIN may help them prove a few facts. I wonder if the car is a little white Corolla that was being jump-started one day last year.

I feel ill about the whole thing. I also would imagine it would be common knowledge if Novy and her husband had owned the property where the car is believed to be, surely the neighbours would have thought burying a car was completely odd. There are scrapyards for that sort of thing. I just hope like hell he hasn't abused his own children. Poor little darlings must be so tormented.

I just had a thought - the news reports are saying that John chardon has not been informed of the developments in the case.
If he is overseas, what if police waited till they were notified that he was physically on the plane returning to Australia before making their move. Even if they had to wait a week that's nothing when you consider the long term benefit.
Perhaps he will be arrested on arrival ( hopefully ...... )

I wonder how long ago the neighbour did report it?
Realistically, if I saw my neighbour bury a vehicle I'd just assume insurance fraud and if it was going to be obvious that I was the 'dobber' I'd probably tell friends but not necessarily report it. Honestly, if you called your local police right now and said that your neighbour had buried a car, what would they do? It's not illegal to bury a vehicle. If the address isn't known to police and they haven't reported a vehicle stolen, no doubt it would be ignored!

It's just such a bizarre development.

I have read in one report that it is a rental property. I wonder who was renting it ?
Maybe a new driveway was the excuse to have a digger on site.

Just incredible ....

283556-57a7b174-a38e-11e3-8534-2426eac7dfe0.jpg

283585-4d754dc4-a38e-11e3-8534-2426eac7dfe0.jpg

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...on-disappearance/story-fnj94idh-1226845199321

Looks like they'll be working through the night.

Gold Coast Weather & News Together
BREAKING DEVELOPMENTS: A neighbour has told Channel Seven she saw a car being buried in the backyard of the property that police are digging up on Eden Park Court at Mount Nathan, just to the west of Nerang. Police confident the body of Novy Chardon is inside that car. Updates here: http://bit.ly/1dWJW6G

I'm not sure but how normal is it to bury a car in your yard in Australia

BBM. I have never ever heard of it. I'm shocked. How freaking bizarre!?!!!! Just shows what great lengths these murderers will go to :/

It's just such a bizarre development.

I have read in one report that it is a rental property. I wonder who was renting it ?
Maybe a new driveway was the excuse to have a digger on site.

Just incredible ....

Yes, this article says it is a rental property. The tenants will be getting a birds-eye view! Though, I expect they have been asked to leave for a few days ... maybe even been given a hotel room if they have nowhere else to stay.

And I guess maybe they'll be looking for another place to live soon - I would be if I were them.

Senior-Sergeant Mark Procter, of Coomera CIB, said a search warrant was executed about 5pm Tuesday on the Mt Nathan rental property ‘in relation to the disappearance of Novy Chardon’.

“The house has been declared a crime scene and an excavator is being brought in,’’ he said.

“We expect the property to remain a crime scene for a number of days.’’

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-of-novy-chardon/story-fnihsrf2-1226845215559

OMG. Just saw the update. Can't believe it. Here's hoping Novy and her loved ones can finally get the peace they all deserve. Under a driveway!! Oh dear god...

In shock here too. Will be interesting to find out how this all eventuated If she is buried there in a car there is definitely more people than just her husband involved.

Finally found the article that says that the vehicle is supposedly a ute. And it has been there the whole time, apparently.

The article also says that this is a fresh lead.

Detectives following a fresh lead in the case executed a search warrant on a rental property on Eden Park Court, Mount Nathan in the Gold Coast hinterland around 5pm on Tuesday.

Officers are reportedly searching the site for a vehicle – said to be a utility – which is believed to be buried at the rear of the property.

A neighbour told reporters on the scene last night that she witnessed the owner of the Mt Nathan home bury a car in the backyard at the time Mrs Chardon disappeared.

http://www.mygc.com.au/news/police-dig-up-gold-coast-backyard-in-search-for-novy-chardon/

Burying a car under a driveway?!?

That is one BIG hole!

Going back to read this thread...

:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics