Australia Australia - Novy Chardon, 34, Upper Coomera, Qld, 6 Feb 2013 #2 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The police must have collected a fair amount of forensic and circumstantial evidence around the time of Novy's disappearance. Will it be enough to put JC away for good?
His daughters (the ones who helped him) will have to carry the weight of his crime on their shoulders for the rest of their lives. Come to think of it perhaps many people assisted. Given some of the comments made by the family it seems likely Novy was put into water.MOO
Novy married the very worst of men and paid the price for that final act of trust: telling him she wanted a divorce. What else could she have done? There were her children and their futures to consider. RIP Novy

From articles I have read, he seems to have made Novy's alleged murder a family event.

I read in one article that his adult daughters cars were seen going to and from the Upper Coomera house on the morning after the alleged murder.

I read in another article that he seems to have made Novy's (now 15 year old) daughter complicit, as well. She testified that she, her brother, and Chardon all slept together in the spare room on the night of Novy's alleged murder.
Now, why would they all sleep together in the spare room??

Thinking way, way back in this very sad story ... wasn't there a neighbour who thought they heard a gunshot on the night of Novy's alleged murder? Am I remembering that correctly?

Thursday 5 September 2019 - 9:30am - morning session for the trial of John Chardon.

It’s been an exceptionally hot spring day, jury slumped in demeanour, as we head towards the pointy end of this trial and the seriousness of their role; however the jury kept their attention on the Crown prosecutor as he delivered his summary of events during the first session.

Trio of QPOL investigation team from Coomera sat on the legal side of the gallery - first row of course in their court-finery - mid-blue small-check shirts with dark suits - very smart; polished police badges, and name tags on lanyards. Aus LE are appearing more like tv cops every day. Two other seats in the front row were Novy’s close friends and star witnesses. The head-honcho QPOL inspector had the pleasure of my company when he turned up later on the morning session, lol. It was a good show of strength, IMO. Plenty of media.

John Chardon was reading transcripts throughout the morning, as was the defense barrister - he sat solo - dutifully keeping his head down. but I betcha he was taking notes for when it would come his turn to address the jury in the afternoon.

Prosecutor delivered his submission to the jury in a well-measured conversation style - no pressure, or command - very cool and confident, I thought - very subtle cracks at the defense's earlier errors, whenever he had the opportunity
IMO he did a very professional job-of-it with no dramatic posing of theatre. As to whether he succeeded in arguing beyond reasonable doubt, I would suggest that he provided opportunity, and plenty of motive. I honestly can’t call as to how the jury will swing.

I was not able to attend the afternoon session; worried I might fall asleep during the defense argument. No that’s just an excuse. .. Hope it goes into tomorrow, as I’ll be able to be there for the judge’s final delivery to the jury and the result of their deliberation.

Accused murderer scared wife so badly she 'wet herself' the night before going missing, court told

Multi-millionaire accused murderer John Chardon scared his wife Novy so badly she "wet herself" on their bedroom carpet the night she went missing, a court has heard.

Prosecutor Mark Green argued the bedroom carpet of the couple's Upper Coomera home smelled of detergent the morning after Novy disappeared, because of "a threat that caused herself to spill urine on the carpet".

Prosecutors also alleged the Gold Coast businessman enlisted his 15-year-old daughter to lie for him as part of his cover story for killing Novy in February 2013.

Key points:
  • John Chardon allegedly made "bad mistakes" covering up the alleged killing, including packing up things to suggest his wife had left, forgetting items like her passport, cash and cards
  • The court heard Mr Chardon's marriage to his wife soured amid his sexual dalliances with people he paid money to in the Philippines
  • Mr Chardon allegedly asked one of his adult daughters to "get rid off" a plastic bag with handcuffs, gun parts and ammunition in it after Novy's disappearance
Or he strangled her !

Courier Mail reporting from today:

Prosecutor is said to have delivered a scathing attack

Chardon is like a pantomime villain in a story about his murdered wife
He is the kind of person who you wouldn't believe his name is John Chardon unless you saw his birth certificate
Chardon lacks any self awareness and thinks everyone is interested in his stories
He is the only one foolish enough to believe anything he says
This is the Novy Chardon story, not the John Chardon story
Circumstantial case but without these kind of cases murderers like Chardon get away with what they did
Can you imagine living with a man like Chardon, with the opinions he had of Novy?
Novy was looking to starting her own life, making future plans, preparing for divorce
There is a clear picture of a woman who looked forward to ending the worst part of her life
Maybe it is not Chardon's 'overwhelming charisma or rugged good looks' (LOL) that drew these women to him - considering that giving money for sex isn't generally called philanthropy
Novy had scheduled a car detail for the days after she went missing, she had bought products for her beauty business
He thinks he can get away with murder because he did a good job of hiding Novy

Justice Lyons expected to start her summing up this afternoon.

Category: | The Courier Mail

Last edited:
Now that the trial has wrapped up I can tell you some details.

"An 80 second factory visit the night Novy Chardon vanished".

When the cctv footage of him entering those factory gates was shown to the courtroom, Chardon sat bolt upright in his seat. It was the first time he had shown any reaction or interest whatsoever. (Why was he driving her car to his factory on the very night she went missing?!) The cctv identified the car entering the lot, him opening the gate, driving into the factory and backing into what looked like a storage shed, but he parked in such a way that the rear of the car was not visible to the camera.

More cctv footage was shown of a white ute entering the same gate and parking in the same spot just a few hours later. (The white ute was the vehicle later dug up by police in a Maudsland yard). (By pure chance a relative lives a few doors down and knew that ute was originally always blue - before it had been sprayed white. Police dug it up but found no evidence inside. The owner sold up and moved out of Maudsland soon after).

The only other thing that got a reaction out of Chardon in the courtroom was when the prosecutor mentioned a letter to Novy, handwritten by Chardon, that police had found in the back of Novy's car. Chardon appeared shocked to hear about the discovery of that letter and began rocking back and forth in the glass dock. I spoke with the Prosecutor later in the day and said he should sit a body-language expert behind him in the gallery.

Praying that the jury will remember every small piece of evidence and put them all together in a Guilty verdict.

When the cctv footage of him entering those factory gates was shown to the courtroom, Chardon sat bolt upright in his seat. It was the first time he had shown any reaction or interest whatsoever. (Why was he driving her car to his factory on the very night she went missing?!) The cctv identified the car entering the lot, him opening the gate, driving into the factory and backing into what looked like a storage shed, but he parked in such a way that the rear of the car was not visible to the camera.

More cctv footage was shown of a white ute entering the same gate and parking in the same spot just a few hours later. (The white ute was the vehicle later dug up by police in a Maudsland yard). (By pure chance a relative lives a few doors down and knew that ute was originally always blue - before it had been sprayed white. Police dug it up but found no evidence inside. The owner sold up and moved out of Maudsland soon after).

The only other thing that got a reaction out of Chardon in the courtroom was when the prosecutor mentioned a letter to Novy, handwritten by Chardon, that police had found in the back of Novy's car. Chardon appeared shocked to hear about the discovery of that letter and began rocking back and forth in the glass dock. I spoke with the Prosecutor later in the day and said he should sit a body-language expert behind him in the gallery.

Praying that the jury will remember every small piece of evidence and put them all together in a Guilty verdict.

Thanks, Sooki. So it does sound like he had an accomplice in disposing of Novy. And that ute was very significant.

Wow Sooki! I remember the ute being dug up. But didn't know its placement at the factory.
Oh there must have been so much help. Somebody who really knows how to dispose of evidence. There sure are some scummy types on the Coast.

The buried ute had been painted and it’s all falling into place now.
Thank you Sooki. God bless you hon.

Accused Qld wife killer's trial nears end

A Gold Coast businessman accused of murdering his wife amid a bitter divorce row may learn his fate, with the jury at his trial expected to begin deliberating later on Friday.

I wonder if a verdict will come back today. Probably not realistic ... the judge's summing up is likely continuing this morning.
Perhaps early next week.

ABC radio is reporting that the Judge has asked the jury to come back with their decision this afternoon!

Wow ... I wonder how the judge can instruct that?? A verdict takes as long as it takes.
I suppose that the judge is telling them not to dilly dally. If they feel certain, then a verdict should not be delayed.

Report back from my attendance at court Friday 6 Sept. Hearing started at 9:30am.
Jury retired 10:40am to consider their verdict. Judge has given the okay to tv for filming of sentencing (provided that the jury delivers a unanimous verdict), however due to need for a hook-up with family on Skype, don't expect the sentencing until next week is what the judge decreed....

Report back from my attendance at court Friday 6 Sept. Hearing started at 9:30am.
Jury retired 10:40am to consider their verdict. Judge has given the okay to tv for filming of sentencing (provided that the jury delivers a unanimous verdict), however due to need for a hook-up with family on Skype, don't expect the sentencing until next week is what the judge decreed....

Thanks, MM.
Seems like the judge thinks this is a no-brainer ... asking for a verdict this afternoon, if possible.

She has not seen her family, friends or children, who Justice Ann Lyons said in her summing up she was in daily contact with.

Chardon will be sentenced to life behind bars if found guilty of his wife's killing.

The rest of the article states that the jury has retired to consider its verdict and gives an overview of the trial - nothing we haven't already read.

Category: | The Courier Mail

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back