Australia Australia - Novy Chardon, 34, Upper Coomera, Qld, 6 Feb 2013 #2 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Millionaire Gold Coast businessman found guilty of manslaughter over wife's death

But jurors were not allowed to know about conman Peter Foster's claim during the committal hearing in 2018 that Mr Chardon purportedly confessed to the killing while the pair shared a jail cell in 2015.

The committal hearing was told the alleged discussion was not recorded by listening devices and Mr Foster was cross-examined on why it didn't match his prison notes.

The alleged confession was never revealed to the jury after Mr Foster's evidence was excluded before the trial got underway on the basis a jury could not be satisfied that it occurred.

And from 9 May 2018
Conman Peter Foster tells court he heard Gold Coast man confess to killing his wife

Convicted fraudster Peter Foster has claimed Gold Coast man John Chardon made a jailhouse confession, admitting to shooting and killing his wife Novy Chardon over money.

Foster gave the evidence during the committal hearing for John Chardon, who stands accused of murdering his wife in February 2013.

Mr Chardon and Foster shared a jail cell in 2015, where Foster said he acted as a police informant, gathering information and passing it on.

Foster told the Brisbane Magistrates Court Mr Chardon confessed to killing his wife because he did not want her to have his money.

"We talk about the body and how he disposed of it," Foster said.

"By this time, he's told me how he's killed her, he's told me how he shot her, told me about the gun and all that.

"I said to him at one stage, 'Why did you do it?'

"[Mr Chardon said] 'I've worked 25 years or more to build the business up, why am I going to give half of that to that *advertiser censored*?'

"He spoke [about] her in the most derogatory way all through.

Parole Board Queensland will hear the NBNP aspect of a parole application in public and publish the decision and reasons for the decision at a later date. This is to further the ideal that justice must not just be done; it must be seen to be done – in particular by the families of the victim and the family of the prisoner.

That's a good law.

manslaughter means you didn't intentionally kill someone.
it blows my mind the gross abuse of this loop hole.
I mean he didn't even bargain it by admitting guilt and/or giving up her location.
:oops:

I know personally a case not well known, he belt her to death with a tyre iron and staged a car crash to cover it up. yep manslaughter.
Australia leans on this loop hole too much. :mad:

Well Qld is different to Victoria where Borce was convicted of manslaughter, from memory the max for manslaughter in Vic was 20 years.

Queensland is Life.

CRIMINAL CODE 1899 - SECT 310 Punishment of manslaughter

310 Punishment of manslaughter
(1) Any person who commits the crime of manslaughter is liable to imprisonment for life.
lets see if qld comes through with max penalty, its the least they can do.

This is why Oz needs Capital Punishment, as in the olde days.
Ivan Milat still alive after all these years. Murdered at least 7 young backpackers he picked up at The Cross

I once voiced my feelings on the subject and I was hung, drawn and quartered.
Apparently it’s unacceptable even though it’s still practiced
in many parts of the world.

Rest in Peace now Novy, knowing that justice has been served and your children will be safe.

That is such an important thing, that Novy's children will be safe. I so worried for her daughter ... being 15 years old now. And I worried for her son, that he may think Chardon's way might be an acceptable way to treat women.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz
Back