Australia Australia - Novy Chardon, 34, Upper Coomera, Qld, 6 Feb 2013 #2 *Guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sorry, just realised that link doesn't work, try this one.

Nine News Queensland on Twitter

"During one of those fights they claim that Chardon almost smothered to death his heavily pregnant wife with a pillow, only stopping to the cries of their two year old daughter".

Also, her family say that a year after Novy went missing Chardon flew to Indonesia and threatened them that if they spoke with the media again they would be cut off from their grandchildren.

Category: | The Courier Mail

Lead detective Mark Procter believes Novy was either strangled or smothered in her bedroom in the hours after she told her husband John she was taking half of everything and leaving him. “We believe that when Novy returned home from dinner with friends she was most likely strangled by John Chardon in the bedroom and then John, with the aid of some associates, has disposed of her body,” Sen-Sgt Procter says.

Lead detective Mark Procter believes Novy was either strangled or smothered in her bedroom in the hours after she told her husband John she was taking half of everything and leaving him. “We believe that when Novy returned home from dinner with friends she was most likely strangled by John Chardon in the bedroom and then John, with the aid of some associates, has disposed of her body,” Sen-Sgt Procter says.

Wish they could find those "some associates" :mad:

I wonder what role the gun played in this crime or other potential crimes?

Maybe he coshed Novy with the gun, prior to smothering or strangling her. So he had to get rid of the gun due to her DNA on it.

The children were in the house. I think it is possible that he decided to commit a 'quieter' murder, and then told them that mum was 'sulking' in her room and don't go in there. Possibly sleeping with them in the spare room to ensure they didn't go into Novy's room.

Then he later told them that their mum had run off because she didn't love them enough to stay. :(

I am also thinking that all the to and fro of his older daughters the next morning could have been to get Novy's children out of the house so he could do his big clean up of the crime scene.

Maybe he coshed Novy with the gun, prior to smothering or strangling her. So he had to get rid of the gun due to her DNA on it.

The children were in the house. I think it is possible that he decided to commit a 'quieter' murder, and then told them that mum was 'sulking' in her room and don't go in there. Possibly sleeping with them in the spare room to ensure they didn't go into Novy's room.

Then he later told them that their mum had run off because she didn't love them enough to stay. :(

I am also thinking that all the to and fro of his older daughters the next morning could have been to get Novy's children out of the house so he could do his big clean up of the crime scene.

Strangulation sequence of events :-

Intense fear
Sensation of “stars”, things “going black”, “fading”
Loss of consciousness
Involuntary bowel and bladder

Here we go again people :mad:

A Gold Coast millionaire found guilty of killing his estranged wife as their two children slept is appealing his conviction and sentence.

John William Chardon, 72, was convicted of Novy Chardon's manslaughter and jailed for 15 years following a jury trial in the Brisbane Supreme Court in September.

https://7news.com.au/news/qld/milli...AwXf9uIakGtKi1A6sSvcFqnb2ndynw_h3OjJM5ozE571M

I'd love to know what grounds he is appealing on. The judge didn't believe his lies? Novy just knocked on his front door? Fifteen years is far too long for a lovely murderer like him to stay behind bars? :rolleyes:

I looked through the subscription only articles ... there is nothing to say on what grounds he is appealing, just that he is appealing both the conviction and the sentence. And that the appeal was filed by his lawyers last week.

Keeping in mind that he appealed his conviction for sexual assault of a teenage victim, and lost.

This is behind a paywall so this is all I can get - don't think I'd believe Mr Foster o_O

Conman Peter Foster says wife-killer John Chardon offered $1m bribe to ‘take a dive’ in trial
Notorious conman Peter Foster claims he was offered a $1 million bribe to tank his evidence in wife-killer John Chardon’s murder trial.

This is behind a paywall so this is all I can get - don't think I'd believe Mr Foster o_O

Conman Peter Foster says wife-killer John Chardon offered $1m bribe to ‘take a dive’ in trial
Notorious conman Peter Foster claims he was offered a $1 million bribe to tank his evidence in wife-killer John Chardon’s murder trial.

The article says that is why Foster's evidence was excluded from the trial. Because he would be an unreliable witness.

It basically just says that Chardon contacted a middle man, William Duffy, and told him to tell Foster that Chardon would pay him $500,000 then and another $500,000 if he didn't show at the trial or flubbed his testimony.

The interesting thing in the article is .... Chardon's appeal is based on their premis that there was evidence that should have been excluded prior to the trial and that Chardon should have been granted a judge only trial.

Based on the above, if I were a judge I'd rule general shenanigans.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megan phillips lynch
Back