Australia Australia - Novy Chardon, 34, Upper Coomera, Qld, 6 Feb 2013 #2 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sooki - thank you for keeping us as up to date as you were permitted to. Is there anything more you can tell us now that the trial is over?

Many witnesses had come forward seeing Novy’s car in different suburbs. I was only one of many. I had seen it parked at the back of my home. Others had seen it further along the road, on the opposite side. Another had seen an Asian woman “asleep” in the car. One witnesses was so vigilant she had memorised the number plate. Novy’s car was moved around to many different locations in the days following her disappearance. Another witness had seen it out the front of her home for 2 days; when it was moved to the opposite side of the road she contacted police and they were able to seize it.

Chardon's security guard gave evidence that Novy’s key had entered her house very late that night but she had not punched in the code, something she always did. It was apparent that her key had been carried into the house by someone else on that terrible night... after it had been at the factory, and followed by the ute.

There's a Courier Mail article that mentions JC's criminal past, can anyone open it?

Revealed: The sordid convictions kept from wife
John Chardon was convicted of the manslaughter of his wife Novy on Monday afternoon. Now, read what the jury who tried him weren’t told about his sordid past, investigation into another death and criminal convictions.

Gold Coast businessman John Chardon's criminal history revealed

Courier Mail

GOLD Coast millionaire John Chardon was investigated over the death of his first wife and is a convicted rapist and child-sex offender, it can now be

And another from the Gold Coast Bulletin:

Coast millionaire’s wild rollercoaster ride to jail
John Chardon’s life has been the wildest Gold Coast rollercoaster ride, from tragic lows to soaring business success which saw him become a millionaire — and finally, disgrace in jail.

Some that I missed :)

Erin Edwards
@ErinEdwards7

·
31m
Chardon sentence: defence ‘ I’m not going to suggest there was no violence...I don’t know.. it could’ve been a knock to the head’
@7NewsBrisbane
@SupremeCourtQLD

Erin Edwards
@ErinEdwards7

·
56m
Novy’s family could not watch their son in law being sentenced for her death. In a statement her mum estralita says - I can not sleep, I can not concentrate, I am dependent on sedatives. I get regular shock as novy appears in my dream
@7NewsBrisbane
@SupremeCourtQLD

Erin Edwards
@ErinEdwards7

·
1h
Chardon trial: novy’s fabulous friends who have been at court everyday tell the court: you John took away a beautiful mother, selfless friend.. because of one selfish sickening act
@7NewsBrisbane
@SupremeCourtQLD

Erin Edwards
@ErinEdwards7

·
7m
Chardon eligible for parole 10 September 2031 - It he answers this: where is Novy chardon
@7NewsBrisbane
@7NewsGoldCoast

Erin Edwards
@ErinEdwards7

·
8m
Breaking: John Chardon sentenced to 15 years ‘your two children will have live their whole lives deprived of a mother. You killed her, discarded her and deceived them. I hope your children read these sentencing remarks and know their mother loved them’
@7NewsBrisbane

Erin Edwards
@ErinEdwards7

·
29m
Chardon sentence: she died violently. Given children were nearby she died silently.. you had help. You propositioned her best friend the next day - that shows so much about you character as a man
@7NewsBrisbane
@7NewsGoldCoast

Erin Edwards
@ErinEdwards7

·
32m
Chardon sentence : you mistakenly believed she would have control of the children. You were enraged. We don’t know how she died. You caused some injury. You disposed of her possessions. You must have had assistance
@7NewsBrisbane
@7NewsGoldCoast

Many witnesses had come forward seeing Novy’s car in different suburbs. I was only one of many. I had seen it parked at the back of my home. Others had seen it further along the road, on the opposite side. Another had seen an Asian woman “asleep” in the car. One witnesses was so vigilant she had memorised the number plate. Novy’s car was moved around to many different locations in the days following her disappearance. Another witness had seen it out the front of her home for 2 days; when it was moved to the opposite side of the road she contacted police and they were able to seize it.

Chardon's security guard gave evidence that Novy’s key had entered her house very late that night but she had not punched in the code, something she always did. It was apparent that her key had been carried into the house by someone else on that terrible night... after it had been at the factory, and followed by the ute.

Sooki, I am thankful that Novy had friends like you and her other friends. People that watched out for her and stood for her all through this horrible story. You are good people.

Thank goodness for that, ghastly man....his factory is right around the corner from ours and I’ve often wondered about her whereabouts when driving past.....Poor Novy....

On Wednesday, Justice Ann Lyons sentenced Chardon to 15 years in prison, with parole eligibility in 2031.
His trial heard a raft of sensational allegations, including that he had attempted to hire a Filipino hit man, had numerous affairs and asked his daughter to hide a mysterious box said to contain gun parts and handcuffs.
John Chardon jailed for 12 years for wife's death

There's a Courier Mail article that mentions JC's criminal past, can anyone open it?

Revealed: The sordid convictions kept from wife
John Chardon was convicted of the manslaughter of his wife Novy on Monday afternoon. Now, read what the jury who tried him weren’t told about his sordid past, investigation into another death and criminal convictions.

Gold Coast businessman John Chardon's criminal history revealed

Courier Mail

GOLD Coast millionaire John Chardon was investigated over the death of his first wife and is a convicted rapist and child-sex offender, it can now be

And another from the Gold Coast Bulletin:

Coast millionaire’s wild rollercoaster ride to jail
John Chardon’s life has been the wildest Gold Coast rollercoaster ride, from tragic lows to soaring business success which saw him become a millionaire — and finally, disgrace in jail.

The Courier Mail article says:

In 2013 he was investigated to see if he played a part in the 1990s death of his wife, Maureen Monica Chardon
Insufficient evidence was found to link him to her death
Maureen died at age 40, Candice and Angela are her daughters
Her death was written off as a suicide
Peter Foster told Chardon's committal hearing (for Novy's murder) that Chardon told him Maureen died of a massive dose of sleeping pills
Family said that Maureen had planned to leave Chardon because of his affairs with other women
She had confronted Chardon, at the factory, shortly before her death and threatened to take half of his assets
Maureen expressed a wish to be buried, Chardon had her cremated in 1996
Chardon said she didn't leave a suicide note. Chardon and Maureen were both married when they first met.
Peter Foster said he believes Chardon was responsible for her death.

Novy and Chardon knew each other for one month before they married.
After Chardon was charged with Novy's murder, a woman came forward and said he had raped her while she was in her teens - this was in the 1990s at his home
She came forward because she remembered his voice when she saw him on TV
She was 15 when he raped her, at a sleepover at his house
He later hired her as a cleaner and raped her again
Chardon was then in his 50s.
He was sentenced to six years for six child sex offences
The court found he had corrupted his victim
Chardon tried to talk the judge out of his punishment.
He unsuccessfully appealed the sentence in 2015.

In 2016 he was found guilty of more child sex offences, indecent treatment of a child under 16 not related to him
Rubbed the girls vagina for about 5 mins with a towel
He got an additional 5 months in jail for that
He was also acquitted of two counts of indecent treatment of a child under 16 when he swam naked with a 7 year old and a 9 year old.

He became eligible for parole in Aug 2017 for all of the sex offending.

The Gold Coast Bulletin article reads much the same ...

His becoming successful with Inox products
Maureen's death a drug overdose
The daughters became company directors, as was Novy
Sponsoring harness racing
Being sentenced to six years for raping his daughter's best friend
Offering the daughter's friend $1,000 for sex when she 'came of age'
In 2015 while in jail and with Novy missing, he started transferring his assets to his two older daughters
His daughters then had control of his company

That's it.

The Courier Mail article says:

In 2013 he was investigated to see if he played a part in the 1990s death of his wife, Maureen Monica Chardon
Insufficient evidence was found to link him to her death
Maureen died at age 40, Candice and Angela are her daughters
Her death was written off as a suicide
Peter Foster told Chardon's committal hearing (for Novy's murder) that Chardon told him Maureen died of a massive dose of sleeping pills
Family said that Maureen had planned to leave Chardon because of his affairs with other women
She had confronted Chardon, at the factory, shortly before her death and threatened to take half of his assets
Maureen expressed a wish to be buried, Chardon had her cremated in 1996
Chardon said she didn't leave a suicide note. Chardon and Maureen were both married when they first met.
Peter Foster said he believes Chardon was responsible for her death.

Novy and Chardon knew each other for one month before they married.
After Chardon was charged with Novy's murder, a woman came forward and said he had raped her while she was in her teens - this was in the 1990s at his home
She came forward because she remembered his voice when she saw him on TV
She was 15 when he raped her, at a sleepover at his house
He later hired her as a cleaner and raped her again
Chardon was then in his 50s.
He was sentenced to six years for six child sex offences
The court found he had corrupted his victim
Chardon tried to talk the judge out of his punishment.
He unsuccessfully appealed the sentence in 2015.

In 2016 he was found guilty of more child sex offences, indecent treatment of a child under 16 not related to him
Rubbed the girls vagina for about 5 mins with a towel
He got an additional 5 months in jail for that
He was also acquitted of two counts of indecent treatment of a child under 16 when he swam naked with a 7 year old and a 9 year old.

He became eligible for parole in Aug 2017 for all of the sex offending.

Poor Novy was his 5th wife, he seemed to have a pattern of behavior with women and I imagine various wives, lovers and others had many sordid stories to tell.
Gold Coast businessman found guilty of manslaughter over wife's death

Chardon eligible for parole 10 September 2031
Thank god justice is finally served! 2031 sounds pretty good to me for a start.
I have a feeling this isn't the last we'll hear in this case.
Plenty of years for potential witnesses to come forward.
Hopefully we'll see this upgraded to a murder conviction before 2031.

Chardon eligible for parole 10 September 2031
Thank god justice is finally served! 2031 sounds pretty good to me for a start.
I have a feeling this isn't the last we'll hear in this case.
Plenty of years for potential witnesses to come forward.
Hopefully we'll see this upgraded to a murder conviction before 2031.

In Queensland law it's no body=no parole.

Thank you Justice Ann Lyons :

Throughout the trial Chardon denied any involvement in her disappearance and maintained that she told him she was leaving — a story condemned by the judge as "a fanciful story".

In sentencing him, Justice Ann Lyons said a "defenceless" Novy would have died "violently" yet "silently", before Chardon disposed of all evidence and then "calmly" went about his life.

"Your ability to weave a calculated web of lies is a great concern … particularly your ability to denigrate and demean your wife to others at every turn, and to paint yourself as a captain of industry and a great philanthropist," Justice Lyons said.

"You killed her just as she had taken the first steps [towards] finalising proceedings for divorce. "Novy was entitled to … plan a life without you."

Justice Lyons also noted Chardon must have received "some assistance" in moving Novy's body, her possessions, and her car that night.

She also said the fact he then propositioned his wife's best friend the next day revealed "so much" about his character.

'You've never confessed'. Branding Chardon a practiced liar, Justice Lyons also condemned the industrial lubricant manufacturer for leading their two children to believe Novy did not love them and had abandoned them.

"They were lies," she said.

"The record must be corrected … [and] at some time in the future, I hope Novy's children will read these sentencing remarks and know that she did not abandon them —she loved them fiercely.

"She was a devoted mother and a dear friend to many people."

The court heard Novy's friends testified the beautician had been "fearful" of Chardon in the lead-up to the death, and had taken clear steps to move on with her life when it was cut short.

"She had set up her business, she finally had her ABN, and she was trying to establish her independence," Justice Lyons said.

Justice Lyons told Chardon only he knew what transpired that night.

"We will never know what happened [to her]. You do. You've never confessed," she told him.

She said it was clear from the verdict that while jurors found Chardon killed his wife, they were not satisfied beyond reasonable doubt that he intended to cause her death or cause grievous bodily harm.

A TIMELINE of events since the disappearance of Novy Chardon.

February 6, 2013: Novy Chardon disappears after being filmed on security cameras at BP Coomera and McDonald’s

February 8, 2013: John Chardon goes to Indonesia with the couple’s children for a business trip

February 10, 2013: Police issue missing person alert after friends raise the alarm

February 6-9 2013: Police believe her midnight blue Volvo XC90 4WD wagon, registration 860 LTZ was in area of Kopps Rd, Oxenford

February 11, 2013: Car found in Bowden Ct, Nerang

February 13, 2013: SES search bushland close to the Chardon home

February 25, 2013: Mr Chardon flies back from Indonesia and is interviewed by police for several hours

The question is "who was moving the car around" if he was overseas?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denie67
Back