Australia Australia - Prabhdeep Srawn, 25, Canadian, Snowy Mtns, NSW, 13 May 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I thought we might need another photo in this thread of Prabhdeep Srawn.
Missing in the Mt Kosciusko area of the Snowy Mountains NSW

2013-0721-sprawnsearchEN6-600x335.jpg

The search still continues for Prabhdeep Srawn - I reiterate this again because once more I see articles in searches on the web about the misinformation which was written by an ABC article that the search had stopped. It hasn't and I have no idea why the ABC ran such a story without checking with the family. I bet it has caused the family a lot of ongoing unnecessary distraction and angst. (I see them replying in comments to news articles to rectify the situation - that the search HAS NOT been called off). It shouldn't be a fight to find a missing person - they need support not bad press. I hope the ABC has made some type of apology to them.
I cant imagine how disheartening this has been for the family and searchers.

To the Srawn family - your dedication is truly amazing and honourable. I wish you all the strength you need to bring your loved one home. You have not given up. Praying you are given your miracle - which you absolutely deserve.

From the Facebook Page Find Prabhdeep - Read more:

The family are going back to Canada for a few months and will return to Australia in November to keep looking for Prabh.

This must have been a very hard decision for them to make.
When they return the weather will be better, and the snow will not be there - but in the meantime there are and will be searchers out there that will continue looking for Prabdeep. The dedication to finding Prabh is no less.

My thoughts are with them at this time - The FB announcement talks of the faith it takes to find and bring a Missing loved one home. So sincere, and so heartfelt. A very difficult time for them.

Keeping the faith that Prabhdeep will be found.

from Find Prabhdeep on FB...

There is a supreme being out there, and within us. That supreme being gives us life, and He gave us Prabh, so we have to keep faith in that God. Keep faith that He will return Prabh to us.

Seems to be their motto: When things are down, Look up - don't Give Up.

Prayers to the family - it wont be long before a full search is back in swing with better weather to help you search for Prabh.

from Find Prabhdeep on FB...

Seems to be their motto: When things are down, Look up - don't Give Up.

Prayers to the family - it wont be long before a full search is back in swing with better weather to help you search for Prabh.

This is a really delicate question - respectfully it can be asked here. If Prabh passed away not long after he disappeared, in that type of weather, would recovery be possible now at that stage of decomposition? Especially given the weather at the moment. I hate to ask this but wouldn't they need to wait a few more months? I am awe of the family's resilience but I just wonder what their game plan is, as 3 months later the outcome and recovery looks grim. :(

Again, Figtree, thank you for being one of the ambassadors of missing person cases in Australia. You are an invaluable asset on WS.

JMO.

This is a really delicate question - respectfully it can be asked here. If Prabh passed away not long after he disappeared, in that type of weather, would recovery be possible now at that stage of decomposition? Especially given the weather at the moment. I hate to ask this but wouldn't they need to wait a few more months? I am awe of the family's resilience but I just wonder what their game plan is, as 3 months later the outcome and recovery looks grim. :(
JMO.

I don't have any experience in that area to even suppose a guess, but (respectfully) I think its a relevant question as well - I am hoping that the Facebook page remains updated although the family will be back in Canada (as they have stipulated in some of their posts), so it would be good to hear what they think.

Also I think the FB page should be kept updated at times so that people can keep the support up to them, so they know that Prabh has not been abandoned. But I feel they have given so much so far - (all the work they have done in organizing their own searches) they need to look after themselves too. JMOO.

November may be the best time for a lot of reasons for them to come back if they have not found Prabh in between that time.

I don't have any experience in that area to even suppose a guess, but (respectfully) I think its a relevant question as well - I am hoping that the Facebook page remains updated although the family will be back in Canada (as they have stipulated in some of their posts), so it would be good to hear what they think.

Also I think the FB page should be kept updated at times so that people can keep the support up to them, so they know that Prabh has not been abandoned. But I feel they have given so much so far - (all the work they have done in organizing their own searches) they need to look after themselves too. JMOO.

November may be the best time for a lot of reasons for them to come back if they have not found Prabh in between that time.

Thank you! I feel so sorry for his sister too, she has been dynamite throughout. I was praying things would turn to her favour.

It is just such an unfortunate place to go missing, you really can't get anyone searching that isn't experienced. With "normal" missing person's cases, you can generally get the whole community out there! This was not the location to conduct such a community search, very little locals and more visitors! When it is locals, they feel really attached and get out there ASAP, they know every inch of the area! Snowy Mountains is a tourist destination, it just wasn't viable for normal folk to do searches too. Especially as many people travelled there over Winter as families and with children. :( JMO

Thank you! I feel so sorry for his sister too, she has been dynamite throughout. I was praying things would turn to her favour.

It is just such an unfortunate place to go missing, you really can't get anyone searching that isn't experienced. With "normal" missing person's cases, you can generally get the whole community out there! This was not the location to conduct such a community search, very little locals and more visitors! When it is locals, they feel really attached and get out there ASAP, they know every inch of the area! Snowy Mountains is a tourist destination, it just wasn't viable for normal folk to do searches too. Especially as many people travelled there over Winter as families and with children. :( JMO

Yes, and it was just at the beginning of the tourist season - which I think was a factor that the official search was scaled back (just my speculation) - but I wonder if in November they will ask for volunteers. Its nice there in November - I would hope there would be more volunteers willing to search at that time too.
Maybe that's in their plans.

Lost Canadian hiker's family stop search due to 'visa restrictions'

A cousin of the family, Dr Tej Sahota, said on Twitter on Friday the family had been forced to return to Canada due to “visa restrictions”.
____

“The family is only back because of visa restrictions ... they have not given up hope or the search for #PrabhSrawn,” he said on the social media network.
“Once visa issues are resolved and weather allows, several members plan to head back to Jindabyne and continue.

Visa restrictions!!
With everything else this family has had to battle with in this country trying to find their beloved Prahbdeep, now this. Why didn't the Government give them some form of concession or extension to be able to stay and keep the search active if that was what they wanted to do.

Its National Missing Persons Week in Australia and this very real problem that the family has faced and this situation needs to be highlighted so that obstacles for Finding the Missing can be identified and rectified so it doesn't happen again.
These are special circumstances - they need to be acknowledged as such.
Letter writing time.

JD-art-missing-20130523201404628644-620x349.jpg

A photo of the family is from the SMH - link to article below
Family members of the missing Canadian bush walker Prabhdeep Srawn, from left, Mandeep, Devinder, Major and Rajveer await news in Jindabyne on Thursday. Photo: Melissa Adams

Dr Sahota thanked supporters on Twitter, and said the family vowed to “pay it forward” and would contribute their knowledge, equipment, and search and rescue contacts to any search efforts in the future.

“The family will definitely use its resources to help any family that may encounter something similar to this,” he said. “And simultaneously I pray, that God let no family know the pain of ‘something like this’.”

Twitter: #PrabhSrawn
The Age Report
Read more: SMH article

Bumping up the thread for Prabhdeep...

The family has also asked on the Facebook page that if anyone has any information about Prabh that they contact them.

Help Find Prabhdeep Srawn Facebook Page

Keeping the prayers going and hope that they have news on Prabh before too long.

Weekly bump to keep Prabhdeep Srawn and his family in our thoughts.

If you're out skiing about in the Snowy Mountains area - keep a lookout for a few things like Prabhdeep's jacket:

Prabh purchased this double layer flannel jacket on May 13th and would have been wearing it under his hiking jacket on the day of his hike, May 14th

1011325_576691762374737_1031567342_n.jpg

Another week and a small message on Prabh's Facebook Page to say that the search still continues for him - there is another search in Sept - weather permitting.

So, the best of luck to the Searchers and hoping that the weather clears for the time the search is scheduled for.

Making sure Prabhdeep's name is still on the radar.

It has been 3 months and 3 weeks since Prabhdeep went missing in the Snowy Mountains of NSW.
Please keep his family and loved ones in your thoughts, and pray that there is news soon and Prabh will be found.

Let's hope for an outcome like this one, it is possible!

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2013/09/08/21107106.html

"BUENOS AIRES - A 58-year-old Uruguayan man who disappeared four months ago in the remote Andes Mountains was found alive on Sunday, after he spent a brutal winter eating rats and raisins to survive, local media reported.

Raul Fernando Gomez Circunegui reportedly got lost in May. He was trying to cross the mountains from Chile to Argentina on foot because his motorcycle broke down"

Let's hope for an outcome like this one, it is possible!

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2013/09/08/21107106.html

"BUENOS AIRES - A 58-year-old Uruguayan man who disappeared four months ago in the remote Andes Mountains was found alive on Sunday, after he spent a brutal winter eating rats and raisins to survive, local media reported.

Raul Fernando Gomez Circunegui reportedly got lost in May. He was trying to cross the mountains from Chile to Argentina on foot because his motorcycle broke down"

Great story dotr! There is hope!! Thankyou!
“He’s a patient with high blood pressure, a history of smoking and signs of undernourishment,” the doctor was quoted as saying. But “he’s going to be fine and in a few days we’re going to discharge him.”

Keeping Prabhdeep in our thoughts.

As we head into spring more people will be out hiking, so the chance he will be found is higher than in winter. Also, as the snow thaws there is a better chance of finding him.

:(

Thank you Figtree for the excellent maps!

Re the different locations of Mt Townsend - could the normal map be the actual peak of the mountain, and the other the trail on the side of the mountain?
It's strange that Google shows it differently. A bit of trivia - did you know that the current Mt Kosciuszko used to be Mt Townsend and vice versa. They swapped their names over after they found out that the original Mt Townsend was slightly taller than the original Mt Kosciuszko.

It's strange that Google shows it differently. A bit of trivia - did you know that the current Mt Kosciuszko used to be Mt Townsend and vice versa. They swapped their names over after they found out that the original Mt Townsend was slightly taller than the original Mt Kosciuszko.

I didn't know that!
and my thoughts about that... :floorlaugh:
of course we would just swap them over!
No worries mate.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members