Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #4 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also we're allowed to post a link to social media and say something like "interesting comment".

But not post here what the comment was or anything pertaining to it. Or photos from the persons social media.

If someone finds something the best thing to do is contact the Police tip line or Crimestoppers, or a phone number that's usually in a Police news report about whatever case it is.

This person hasn't been named a person of interest.

I feel like this story is full of red herrings. It's almost like LE is strategically holding back stuff and then releasing it sporadically to affirm to the public that they 'are still working on it.' Maybe it's a strategy to keep it in the news and generate tips? Not sure but I can't think of any other case similar to this.

I think the 'new' news is another red herring. Just my opinion.

Also we're allowed to post a link to social media and say something like "interesting comment".

But not post here what the comment was or anything pertaining to it. Or photos from the persons social media.

If someone finds something the best thing to do is contact the Police tip line or Crimestoppers, or a phone number that's usually in a Police news report about whatever case it is.

This person hasn't been named a person of interest.
I have definitely seen other people post “interesting comment” and even the initials of the person posting the comment.

I feel like this story is full of red herrings. It's almost like LE is strategically holding back stuff and then releasing it sporadically to affirm to the public that they 'are still working on it.' Maybe it's a strategy to keep it in the news and generate tips? Not sure but I can't think of any other case similar to this.

I think the 'new' news is another red herring. Just my opinion.
Dang, I was thinking the US could take some notes from the press conference. They released good information that allows the public to help. When asked if the camera picked up the face of the driver, he is totally forthcoming and says no, it didn’t.

The press conferences in the US barely release any information, and when asked a question they almost always respond “we can’t say due to the integrity of the case.”

The sister of missing woman Carol Clay has revealed she was well aware of her secret affair with Russell Hill and knew they embarked on multiple trips to remote campsites before they vanished last year.

The forbidden relationship unfolded under the nose of Mr Hill’s wife, Robyn, who had been oblivious to her husband’s exploits prior to an investigation into his March 2020 disappearance.

In a bombshell 60 Minutes interview on Sunday, Ms Clay’s sister Jill confirmed the affair had been ongoing for some time before the pair went missing.
Affair between campers Carol Clay and Russell Hill confirmed

I thought this was well done. It appears a lot of witnesses have come forward to date. Hopefully it will be the same with this mysterious vehicle.

Btw, I really enjoy watching 60 Minutes Australia. I think it is better than the US version.

Moo.

I thought this was well done. It appears a lot of witnesses have come forward to date. Hopefully it will be the same with this mysterious vehicle.

Btw, I really enjoy watching 60 Minutes Australia. I think it is better than the US version.

Moo.
I do too. After watching Gabby’s mom on their channel, I was very impressed.

It was very scary - I just called Crimestoppers and passed a tip on that some fellow sleuthers and I came across yesterday! We always say that if we see or hear something we should pass it on. I have never done this before, I called once and hung up while waiting on hold then decided to try again 10 minutes later. Investigators should easily be able to eliminate a person if they are not the person driving the vehicle shown in the 60 minutes episode.

It was very scary - I just called Crimestoppers and passed a tip on that some fellow sleuthers and I came across yesterday! We always say that if we see or hear something we should pass it on. I have never done this before, I called once and hung up while waiting on hold then decided to try again 10 minutes later. Investigators should easily be able to eliminate a person if they are not the person driving the vehicle shown in the 60 minutes episode.
How'd they take the call, give you time or just lip service? Well done for doing it, was thinking about doing it myself today if someone didn't

You can always go on line to post a crime stoppers post. Gives you more time to fully think through what you are saying and it can be anon. It is a great tool. Even little suspicions can be so useful. LE love it.

Has it been confirmed whether the trailer rego plate in the released image was intentionally greyed out digitally (in which case we can assume that the rego is already known to LE) or was it already illegible due to being covered by the driver deliberately / covered by mud etc?

Yes I also called last night, it felt weird doing it as I've also never done it here in Australia before. I kind of apologised to the operator but they were really friendly and said you never know what the one tip is that will help the detectives. He also gave me a case number and asked if I remember anything or come across thing else I should call back.

‘We’re pretty close’: New lead could be key to cracking case of missing campers

“Regardless of if (the driver) has something to worry about or not, make yourself known because it will be a matter of time before we filter down and go through all of those 4WDs,” Stamper said.

So interesting. It goes on as follow:

On being asked how close the team were to solving the case, Stamper said he believed they were almost there.

“I always say it could be the next phone call. That’s how close we could be,” he said.

“I think we’re getting pretty close.”

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they already have a suspect in mind and they've bugged his car, home, work and phone to get more incriminating or direct evidence, and also in the hope of having more witnesses come forward that saw him / the car.

I reckon they know who. Sounds like it. I’d imagine watching the movements like a hawk so good luck if they try to escape today or have tried already.

I wonder what piece they are missing in order to conduct an arrest. Must be short on something I’d love to know what.

I wonder what piece they are missing in order to conduct an arrest. Must be short on something I’d love to know what.

from the 60 minutes broadcast, they lack the an actual witness who can say for sure that car was there

from that broadcast they say they have people who said A car was there or around there ( near the drop toilets etc), i think they need that witness or video of that car being there so they can say for sure what that car was and if it was camping next to Russel and Carrol, it strikes me as this is why they keep appealing for anyone who was there that day

‘Very close’: Major break in campers case

After more than 20 months detectives are “very, very close” to solving the baffling case of missing Victorian campers Russell Hill and Carol Clay, Victoria’s top cop says.

Police commissioner Shane Patton on Thursday morning told ABC radio he was confident of a result in the case after a long-running missing persons squad investigation.

“We are getting close, very very close,” he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GEC0704