Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #4 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't know what evidence LE has, so no matter what alibi, if any, he's come up with, the fact that he's been arrested says a lot. It's not as though he was considered a POI and just brought in for questioning.

And the way he was arrested with helicopters swooping in...hopefully that is a clue that they are pretty sure this is their suspect.

=
I think Gippsland is a fair way from the highlands, isn't it?
It was reported that he was arrested somewhere on the high plains, so it is possible he could have been camped out close to the spot he had the bodies dumped (worried, checking for evidence etc after this years snow melt). I am thinking Dargo /Bogong high plains, both east of Wonnangatta and also again around road to Hotham, where the Patrol was caught on camera.

Blue 4WD Drive Seized During Arrest

No Cookies | Herald Sun

A Nissan four-wheel-drive was seized during the dramatic Gippsland-campground arrest of a suspect in the Russell Hill-Carol Clay disappearance.

The blue off-roader was taken away from a remote campsite in East Gippsland following the arrest of a 55-year-old man from Caroline Springs on Monday afternoon.

The Nissan is in the process of being transported back to Melbourne where it will be examined at the Victoria Police Forensic Services Centre at Macleod.

Did you notice in this article, from one of your links, that it says that it is a Nissan 4WD but it is brown, not blue. Respray?

No Cookies | Herald Sun

(The article is from ½ an hour ago.)

It says "Detectives from the Missing Persons Squad" arrested the man.

We located a missing person a few weeks ago who appeared to have re-registered their Blue 4wd to Gold colour in Feb this year and we reported it to Crimestoppers but the rego plate of the pictured vehicle is different and the age of the male is different so appears not to be the same person we thought they should have a look at...

RSBM

A man has been arrested but all the articles I've read have said he hasn't been charged.

Please provide a link.

Yes that's what I posted. That in this case a man had been arrested. In the other well known case in Australia "CS" case a man had been arrested and charged. And I'm hoping someone will be arrested and charged in the WT case.

We located a missing person a few weeks ago who appeared to have re-registered their Blue 4wd to Gold colour in Feb this year and we reported it to Crimestoppers but the rego plate of the pictured vehicle is different and the age of the male is different so appears not to be the same person we thought they should have a look at...

Is it Missing Persons Squad because Russell and Carol are missing, no bodies found?

Last edited:

Also that particular person was from a regional town, not from Caroline Springs. But it does seem like a weird coincidence that in both instances there's Patrol that's been resprayed to a gold colour!

Just looking again, that’s 100% being loaded at Licola, on the south side of the bridge, just up the Tamboritha road. There’s no way he was checking on bodies, unless he took them home with him on the night, then took them later on up to Arbuckle to hide them. Seems unlikely.

I actually reckon it looks like a home-done job. It doesn’t look the goods to me. The bonnet especially has been pretty botched.
Looks like a professional paint job. There should be a record of that somewhere, unless it was a cash job.
That could be one piece of circumstantial evidence, if charged.

Last edited:
Ha...
I was meant to walk the 210 km Macmillan track through there but cancelled last two weeks due to high river flow. Studying the maps this guy on the loose was putting the wind up me thinking what if he was hiding out some of these remote 4wd tracks....and he was
I'll be...
Possibly a lucky decision....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members