Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #4 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly not the suspect I envisaged. 55yo airline pilot/ family man, wow. And I wonder what he’s been saying to his family about being up in the high country when Russell and Carol went missing, plus what reasons he used to change the colour of his vehicle. I’m sure the police have been listening the whole time so this will be interesting. Being an airline pilot might’ve helped him, work colleagues probably aren’t aware of what car he drives. Such an interesting twist.

Yes, certainly not the type of person most of us were probably expecting. No-one would have expected it to be him. I have always liked to think that the pilot of my plane is cool, calm, intelligent, and a totally upright citizen. Oh well, another illusion busted.

20 March 2020 was the exact date that Australia's borders shut to all international inbound travel except for people getting into hotel quarantine. I believe domestic travel restrictions between states also went in effect.

I wonder if the sudden border closures impacted his job security at Jestar and he lashed out when something happened between him and Russell & Carol because he was already stressed and on edge.

I’m trying to work out what sort of event between three people, leaves two dead. Fight at the campground? Accidental damage to property? Did any of them have any weapons?
He might have been thinking a long time about doing something like that and Russell and Carol was the right opportunity for him to do that. I've always found it interesting that the killer had enough knowledge to burn the crime scene and get rid of the bodies, not sure how many guys who really accidentally kill in the heat of the moment would have that foresight.

Also, that was the peak of the realisation that covid was spreading and Australia began to shut down international and internal borders. Could the stress of job uncertainty have pushed him to act out?

Jetstar confirms it is standing down an employee as police question the man over missing
campers

Jetstar Airways has confirmed it has stood down an employee in connection to an investigation into the disappearance of Victorian campers Russell Hill and Carol Clay.

This evening, a Jetstar spokesperson released this statement:

"Jetstar has been advised by Victoria Police that one of its employees is under investigation for a serious crime and will work to assist in this due process any way we can. As a matter of course, the employee has been removed from duty as a result of their arrest."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly