Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #6 *charges*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe but then why did he kill Carol... :confused: guess that's a question we'll probably never really know the answer to.
Thanks for your input into this forum Stacey.

I have been studying common behaviours of serial killers and trying to see "which boxes GL ticks".

Do you know if he had any issues as a child (e.g abusive parents) or do you know if he was close with other family members (e.g brothers, sisters, mother, father?)

Thanks for your input into this forum Stacey.

I have been studying common behaviours of serial killers and trying to see "which boxes GL ticks".

Do you know if he had any issues as a child (e.g abusive parents) or do you know if he was close with other family members (e.g brothers, sisters, mother, father?)
He wasn't known to our family at all so I'm afraid I can't answer any of those questions.
There have been a couple of people in the thread that would have known him at some point in his life via work or elsewhere but no, I don't know anything about him other than that he allegedly killed some pets and his former wife.

Yes, it would be good to know something of his formative years. We have heard of wives/girlfriends, and children, but not anything of parents, siblings, etc. Where did he go to school, was he bullied, that sort of thing? It could explain a few things.

He wasn't known to our family at all so I'm afraid I can't answer any of those questions. There have been a couple of people in the thread that would have known him at some point in his life via work or elsewhere but no, I don't know anything about him other than that he allegedly killed some pets and his former wife.
He wasn't known to our family at all so I'm afraid I can't answer any of those questions. There have been a couple of people in the thread that would have known him at some point in his life via work or elsewhere but no, I don't know anything about him other than that he allegedly killed some pets and his former wife.

Hi Stacy, we knew about GL slashing the pig’s throat from ear to ear. When you said some pet’s were there others that you knew of. Appreciate your input.

Hi Stacy, we knew about GL slashing the pig’s throat from ear to ear. When you said some pet’s were there others that you knew of. Appreciate your input.
Somewhere way back in one of these threads I recall reading that a neighbours dog was found killed. Before Caroline Springs- I think it was in Mt Macedon.

I've just been googling - there are numerous articles and statistics linking animal abuse to murder. It would take forever to quote or link it all, so I won't. But it seems to be an established fact.
Here's just one:

The mistreatment and abuse of animals is a significant indicator of violence towards humans, up to and including intimate partner abuse, sexual assault, rape, murder.

It should be relatively easy for the police to determine if GL was at work during the timeframes those other people went missing. I'm sure they can also determine quite easily if was at home by looking at his mobile data, wifi networks that his phone connected to didn't connect to at certain times...

But yes, this man has murdered before IMHO. Has there been any other people who went missing in the High Country since GL's arrest?

It should be relatively easy for the police to determine if GL was at work during the timeframes those other people went missing. I'm sure they can also determine quite easily if was at home by looking at his mobile data, wifi networks that his phone connected to didn't connect to at certain times...

But yes, this man has murdered before IMHO. Has there been any other people who went missing in the High Country since GL's arrest?
Crewing records will be able to confirm exactly what time he signed on and left to the minute, of course only when he was flying etc. It would be interesting if he was on annual leave during timeframes others went missing.

It’ll be interesting to hear news when court proceedings get into details. I’ve been following this as I’ve spent a lot of time in surrounding areas whilst camping too. The other deaths are certainly within general areas

welcome Nancy! Yes, I’m with u…..very anxious to hear details of this crime and of course, I want to know why Russell & Carol were murdered.

Secret lover campers Russell Hill and Carol Clay were allegedly shot before their bodies were burnt and dumped in bush graves.

The badly burnt remains of Ms Clay, 73, and Mr Hill, 74 were located by Victoria Police Missing Persons Squad detectives on November 30 - just days after the arrest of former Jetstar pilot Gregory Lynn.

On Monday, the Melbourne Magistrates' Court heard a ballistics expert would play a crucial role in the alleged killer's upcoming preliminary hearing, which is scheduled to run over four days in January.

It is the first time any information on how police allege Lynn killed the elderly couple has been revealed in public.

The court heard Victorian homicide detectives had compiled a whopping 773-page brief of evidence against Lynn, whose flight attendant wife Melanie tuned into the video link hearing in her husband's absence.

Lynn has employed high profile criminal barrister Dermot Dann, QC to defend him in the Supreme Court of Victoria murder trial late next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader