Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #6 *charges*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I thought the same thing. It also appears there will be a firearms expert called in to give evidence at a later date as he is unavailable until later in the month.
Just to add to your post:

The court heard firearms expert Paul Griffiths won’t be available then, but his evidence could be given a week or so later.

The magistrate said given the content of his statement and GL’s explanation for issues raised, he was a “pretty critical” witness. The magistrate said PG would have to be called in person at a later date.

Accused killer back in court | Brimbank & North West

What a fascinating development! And GL has an explanation for the issues raised. I can hardly wait to hear what both of them have to say.

Thank you for the info!

IMO it was obvious he would have an "explanation" but it will never be good enough even if one murder was supposedly "accidental" (not that I will ever believe that- hopefully in the future I can explain why) and then he decided to kill the other. No normal person would ever do something like that.

Hopefully once the weather clears up they find what they are looking for. Maybe now they have more of an idea than previous searches...

100% I could not agree more that GL needs to be looked at very closely for other matters too.

Not to mention that he has resprayed his vehicle TWICE now.

IMO he probably did something before he resprayed the vehicle the first time too.

From memory the first respray was shorty after another person disappeared in the High Country.

Thank you for the info!

IMO it was obvious he would have an "explanation" but it will never be good enough even if one murder was supposedly "accidental" (not that I will ever believe that- hopefully in the future I can explain why) and then he decided to kill the other. No normal person would ever do something like that.

Hopefully once the weather clears up they find what they are looking for. Maybe now they have more of an idea than previous searches...
I am so looking forward to the time when GL is found guilty and locked away for the rest of his life, and you can then tell us everything you know!

I am so looking forward to the time when GL is found guilty and locked away for the rest of his life, and you can then tell us everything you know!
Like I have said before I don't know too much... but I will be very curious as to what he has come up with to try and explain away what he originally said happened.

100% I could not agree more that GL needs to be looked at very closely for other matters too.

Not to mention that he has resprayed his vehicle TWICE now.

IMO he probably did something before he resprayed the vehicle the first time too.

From memory the first respray was shorty after another person disappeared in the High Country.
Could you remind us please of that disappearance?

Could you remind us please of that disappearance?

Including Russell and Carol 5 people have disappeared in that region.

There are also mysterious deaths of 2 ex wives I believe?

Since we know the vehicle was resprayed twice it definitely makes you wonder why it happened the first time considering it wasn't just a coincidence when it happened last time. I'm sure it's being looked at though, if we can be sure of anything it's that our police are doing a wonderful job and will bring justice forward for not only our family but any others that are seeking it.

Since we know the vehicle was resprayed twice it definitely makes you wonder why it happened the first time considering it wasn't just a coincidence when it happened last time. I'm sure it's being looked at though, if we can be sure of anything it's that our police are doing a wonderful job and will bring justice forward for not only our family but any others that are seeking it.

I am curious about why he resprayed the car the first time as well.

MOO
I wonder...
Could LE be holding back because they're building a bigger case?

There have been many people that 'go missing' in the high country of Victoria but its not very common for people to disappear without a trace.

Four people disappeared without a trace within around 6 months.

...a murder trial is imminent for the murder of Carol and Russell... and there are 2 addiitional separate disappearances that are still unknown...

Could there be on 3 occasions, 4 people disappear... 'coincidently' in the space of 6 months? ...yes...maybe cause its the high country... but its looking very sus... In my mind...

Last edited:
I remember I brought this up in the beginning posts when we learened of this. I was thinking it may have been due to another crime committed. Although someone rebutted me and said sometimes people do. If I remember correctly I replied not within the timeframe we are talking about, years apart yes. I also wonder about the trailer I thought he may have taken it apart and disposed of it in many places. I hope not but I suppose he can be tracked driving around if footage was available. I am surprised his wife was smiling at him. I suppose they have the bond of children, though.

I just found (again) the report of the shooting of Kelvin Tennant, the 72-year-old cyclist who was shot in the face and abdomen while riding on the Myrtleford-Everton Rail Trail on February 18th in 2017. So the time and area are right. Apparently the shooter got out of a dark-coloured sedan. I daresay LE are bearing it in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader