Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #6 *charges*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Arboreal. Thanks for the welcome. I just want to point out again that I am an extended family member. Any news has been given through police to a family member to my grandma to my dad. I can't say much due to the ongoing trial. I am sorry as I wish I could say more. The motive is still a big mystery. I am not much use here until some more facts are publicly released for discussion unfortunately...

Welcome stacey_victoria
I've been out boondocking for a few months and had not caught up with the latest developments in this case.
Is there any newly available information on what triggered the attack on Mr Hill and Ms Clay - or why the alleged perpetrator claims he did it? And also what the accused did after he killed them? The assumption has been the accused killed Mr Hill and Ms Clay at the camp ground. Has this been confirmed?
I have also been puzzled by the condition of the remains and that they were found so close to a frequently used camp ground. Reducing a body to that state is quite an effort.
Is that were the bodies of Mr Hill and Ms Clay were all the time or did the alleged take the remains somewhere else first before taking the remains to the place from where they were recovered? I remember the police searched a couple of other places prior to the arrest of the accused.
The police did a magnificent investigation. I am sure there will be a miniseries in this.
The area where Russell & Carol were camping is secluded that's why it took until the next day mid afternoon to find the burnt camp. Or rather I should say stumbled upon. So if they hadn't walked by then maybe even later.

I thought this case was going to court in May. Has it been postponed? Sorry I'm really behind the times as haven't looked at this thread in ages.
The May court appearance did happen. The defence asked for more time to examine evidence.
"Mr Lynn did not apply for bail and will appear in Court in August"

Hi @Arboreal. Thanks for the welcome. I just want to point out again that I am an extended family member. Any news has been given through police to a family member to my grandma to my dad. I can't say much due to the ongoing trial. I am sorry as I wish I could say more. The motive is still a big mystery. I am not much use here until some more facts are publicly released for discussion unfortunately...
Hi Stacey
No worries. I did not mean to press you. As I'd been away, I thought I might have missed something in the Press.

Yes, it's tomorrow.

Same court I imagine, Sales Magistrates Court

Thanks Bats, for the reminder.

"Magistrate Tim Walsh adjourned the case to August 23. Lynn didn’t make an application for bail"

"Victorian investigators may conduct another search of the high country as they continue building the case against a Jetstar pilot accused over the high-profile slayings of two missing campers".

I wonder what they will be looking for?

"He requested and was granted permission to appear by videolink for the committal hearing, expected to run for four days from January 16."

Phone taps and further searches of the rural Victorian highlands will play a key role the prosecutors case against alleged double-murderer Gregory Lynn, a court has heard.

Mr Lynn, a former pilot from the Melbourne suburb of Caroline Springs, has pleaded not guilty to the charges.

In a mention hearing in the Sale Magistrates Court on Tuesday, prosecutor Olivia Sparrow said intercepted phone taps had yet to be submitted by the police.

Ms Sparrow said further forensic searches of the Wonnangatta site and Mt Hotham, where shovels possibly related to the alleged murders were found, were also planned.

Mr Lynn will return to court on January 16, when his case is listed for a four day contested committal mention in the Melbourne Magistrates Court.

Mr Lynn did not apply for bail.

<RSBM>

Ms Sparrow said further forensic searches of the Wonnangatta site and Mt Hotham, where shovels possibly related to the alleged murders were found, were also planned.

I wonder if those two shovels have been deemed to be involved, seeing that they are talking about searching Mt Hotham again.

Would they be still looking for the trailer? Or maybe a firearm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico